Windows 10: How to undo new wallpaper that magically appears at startup

Discus and support How to undo new wallpaper that magically appears at startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've seen my Windows 10 version number but don't recall it. You'd think it would be right out in the open, not something you have to search for. If you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tmasierra, May 23, 2020.

1. tmasierra Win User

How to undo new wallpaper that magically appears at startup

I've seen my Windows 10 version number but don't recall it. You'd think it would be right out in the open, not something you have to search for. If you can't help me, that's okay. Several weeks back when I turned on my Dell Inspiron laptop I found some system had substituted the previous wallpaper, screensaver for a blown-up image of a book cover I have in my image files, an image I don't even like. I stripped that image out of my file of images. I knew it would make no difference and of course it did not. The image is still there. The fun thing is there is no way to click anything on that opening screen without causing the box to come up where you must key in your 4-digit security code. Then you are on the inside showing a different image--which was also a different file image also foisted upon me at about the same time, but today I fixed that by clicking the screen and going to Personalization and choosing one of several choices. Beyond the mystery of why in the world my system(s) would take two images seemingly at random out of my image files to replace the screensavers I was already using, is there any way I can undo the startup, pre logon wallpaper, since there is nothing I can click or manipulate on that screen, since, as I say, if you click any key, the security box appears and your only choice is to logon and enter the Windows10 - Internet World? Even if you can't help, thanks for listening! --tma

:)

tmasierra, May 23, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and Magic Jack compatibility problem

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Sorry to know that the issue persists even after trying so many suggestions.

• What and all steps have you tried?
    • Do you face the same voice issue when you are using other apps?
    If it is the issue with Magic Jack, you need to contact Magic Jack support.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 23, 2020
  4. How to undo new wallpaper that magically appears at startup

Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, May 23, 2020
Thema:

How to undo new wallpaper that magically appears at startup

1. How to undo new wallpaper that magically appears at startup - Similar Threads - undo wallpaper magically

2. Bing cookies magicly appears on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing cookies magicly appears on my PC: Hi.I noticed that, even when I do not open any web browser, and even if I try to block cookies and other trackers, there's always BING cookies that appears on my computer... Since I choose to not allow cookies, why does Microsoft ignore my choice, and where does these cookies...
  3. Bing cookies magicly appears on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bing cookies magicly appears on my PC: Hi.I noticed that, even when I do not open any web browser, and even if I try to block cookies and other trackers, there's always BING cookies that appears on my computer... Since I choose to not allow cookies, why does Microsoft ignore my choice, and where does these cookies...
  4. Bing cookies magicly appears on my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. advanced startup, undoing changes, bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    advanced startup, undoing changes, bsod: whenever i choose an option at advanced startup my pc just restarts instead of doing the the task i clicked on which is reset. i want to reset because whenever i start the pc it says could not complete updates undoing changes and after sometime from opening it just takes to...
  6. Network Infrastructure magically appears and disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Infrastructure magically appears and disappears: 4 PCs, 3 with Windows 10 Home 64 Ver 20H2 and 1 PC (which wasn't turned on when I writing this question) with Windows Pro ver 20H2 (all with latest updates installed) On the Network Explorer page the Network Infrastructure (along with my Router, a TP-Link Archer AX6000)...
  7. Second monitor wallpaper resets wallpaper on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second monitor wallpaper resets wallpaper on startup: On startup, my second monitor wallpaper always changes to the wallpaper on my main wallpaper. This happens until I go on rearrange displays and move it slightly and click apply, which then displays the intended wallpaper on the second display. However, currently I have to...
  8. How to undo new wallpaper that magically appears at startup

How to undo new wallpaper that magically appears at startup: I've seen my Windows 10 version number but don't recall it. You'd think it would be right out in the open, not something you have to search for. If you can't help me, that's okay. Several weeks back when I turned on my Dell Inspiron laptop I found some system had substituted...
  9. Undo New option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undo New option: I was transfering photos for about an hour into a ''new folder'' copy pasting them and deleting them afterwards, after some time I messed up and wanted to do the good ol' undo move, but I didn't read it fast and I clicked undo new, WHICH DELETED ALL THE PHOTOS IN THAT FOLDER,...
  10. Issues with the wallpaper or picture that appears behind my account during startup

Issues with the wallpaper or picture that appears behind my account during startup: Prior to the last update, the background picture that I installed as part of my account, was crisp and clear. Now it is totally blurred out and I am having no luck in figuring out how to tweak it back to sharpness. This is not the "me" picture that you can add to your...