Windows 10: How to undo security non-access to external drive

Discus and support How to undo security non-access to external drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was trying to give other users in my Windows 10 Home network only read access to an external drive. I must have done something wrong, because now... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by UrbanLandreman, May 28, 2020.

1. How to undo security non-access to external drive

I was trying to give other users in my Windows 10 Home network only read access to an external drive.

I must have done something wrong, because now even I have only read access to that drive.

When I go into the Drive -> Security and try to give "everyone" all access again, I get an "access is denied" error message.

"owner" and i are the only users listed under users on this system. Is there a way to "run as administrator" or something like that to undo what I did?

Thanks in advance!

:)

UrbanLandreman, May 28, 2020

2. Can't Access Either of My External Drives After 14393

Hi Michael,

To better assist you with your concern, I would like to ask if you're getting any error messages when accessing your external drives? If yes, can you provide us with the exact error message?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Click on USB Mass Storage.
    • Right click on your USB, and then click on Update Driver Software.
    • Once done, check if you can access your external drives.

Regards.

Ruizell Rey, May 28, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    External Drive "not accessible"

Hi,

Corrupted USB controller is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to access your external hard drive. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this

link
    to resolve the issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 28, 2020
  4. How to undo security non-access to external drive

Location is not available F:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. External hard drive

Hi,

Most of the time, when your external hard drive shows that error message, it suggests that you don’t have the privilege of accessing to the disk partition. We need to get a permit to take ownership of the drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click your hard drive, then select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click Advanced, then select Edit.
    • On the Owner tab, modify the ownership of the specified account.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, May 28, 2020
Thema:

How to undo security non-access to external drive

1. How to undo security non-access to external drive - Similar Threads - undo security non

2. Non Accessable external drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non Accessable external drives: My sysytem is telling me that I do not have permissions and my external drives are unaccessable. This is an old office computer, so my previous company stopped updates. How can I get acccess to my external drives?...
  3. Non Accessable external drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non Accessable external drives: My sysytem is telling me that I do not have permissions and my external drives are unaccessable. This is an old office computer, so my previous company stopped updates. How can I get acccess to my external drives?...
  4. Non Accessable external drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. external drive access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external drive access: I have a U32 Shadow Portable Drive attached to my W10 desktop. I would like to restrict access to this drive for other accounts on the PC. I've tried the method shown here https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/8035/how-to-restrict-access-to-drive-in-my-computer-on-windows/ and...
  6. Formatting non access drive.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting non access drive.....: I have 2 year old 3tb external hard driveL...I used it back up other drives using Minitool software....I need clean slate this drive....tried some methods...can't seems to crack it...help please..only can do is change letter and paths..believe GPT format not MBR [ATTACH]...
  7. Accessing external drive

Accessing external drive: I put an external memory stick into the PC. A window tells me I have to reformat it. Why? Never did before. I click to start reformatting, Another window say reformatting will erase all the memory. Then how the hell do I access the files on it? This is nuts. Anybody got a...
  8. External drive not accessible

External drive not accessible: I have reformatted a drive I used with my Mac to use NTFS only as I intend to use it purely on Windows. My laptop recognises/sees the drive but when I double click to open it it tells me that access is denied. I then reformatted it again via Disk Management, which took...
  9. How to Access Windowsapp Folder On External Drive

How to Access Windowsapp Folder On External Drive: Hello, I have been looking for a while and cannot seem to find an answer to my problem. That being said, I changed the location for windows apps to install to my new external ssd drive. The issue is that I am not allowed access to the windowsapp folder it created on said...
  10. access to external drives

access to external drives: I am unable to access my CD drive and USB that I plugged in. It brings an error of its not accessible. My laptop is a HP product and is windows 10. Kindly help. Thank you....