Windows 10: how to undo the "always use windows media player checkmark on one file that it will not...

Discus and support how to undo the "always use windows media player checkmark on one file that it will not... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; same as above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-undo-the-always-use-windows-media-player/e3b84dd0-eee0-46bb-96ec-1bd8f287d0be Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidPedersen4, Oct 5, 2019.

1. how to undo the "always use windows media player checkmark on one file that it will not...

same as above

:)

DavidPedersen4, Oct 5, 2019

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Oct 5, 2019
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

how to undo the "always use windows media player checkmark on one file that it will not...

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

how to undo the "always use windows media player checkmark on one file that it will not...

1. how to undo the "always use windows media player checkmark on one file that it will not... - Similar Threads - undo always media

2. unable to use window media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to use window media player: unable to use window media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-window-media-player/b80b0aef-49c1-4411-bf67-baf905763bbc
  3. How to repeat ONE song on Windows Media Player 12?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to repeat ONE song on Windows Media Player 12?: Greetings,I'm unable to repeat ONE song on my Windows Media Player 12 on my HP 2000 Laptop.I'd tried these steps on superuser.com:Create a playlist from your library with the song you wanna repeat. To do that, clear the playlist then drag the desired song to the empty...
  4. How to repeat ONE song on Windows Media Player 12?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to repeat ONE song on Windows Media Player 12?: Greetings,I'm unable to repeat ONE song on my Windows Media Player 12 on my HP 2000 Laptop.I'd tried these steps on superuser.com:Create a playlist from your library with the song you wanna repeat. To do that, clear the playlist then drag the desired song to the empty...
  5. How to repeat ONE song on Windows Media Player 12?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Undo the Always Use selection for opening a specific file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undo the Always Use selection for opening a specific file type: Help. My logo vender sent me a vector file in .ai. When I tried to open it, I chose the app Microsoft XML Handler and left "always use" checked. I can't open it. How do I "undo" the always use selection? I just want it to back to the point where it asks me what to use so I...
  7. How to undo "always open files with" files in Windows 10 File explorer.

How to undo "always open files with" files in Windows 10 File explorer.: In Windows 10 Windows or File Explored I selected a file with an extension that I didn't have a program to open it with. So I selected Media player to open it BUT I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT "Always open with" was selected. So now I have all files associated with this program and...
  8. How do I Undo "always open file with"

How do I Undo "always open file with": I have a problem. I have been using sims 4 mods, which uses .package files that need to be downloaded, copied, then moved into a different folder. I am familiar with downloading these, but I clicked an option I thought would make it easier. When I downloaded that file, I...
  9. Undo "Always use this app to open .abc files"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Undo "Always use this app to open .abc files": Is there any way to undo a "Always use this app to open .abc files"? I have accidentally tries to open a .asd file with word, which is not possible. Now windows 10 gives the icon for word when a file is of the type .asd. I know this question is asked before, but it always...
  10. how to copy files from one CD to another using Windows Media Player and windows 10

how to copy files from one CD to another using Windows Media Player and windows 10: How to copy files from one CD to another using Windows10 and windows Media Player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-copy-files-from-one-cd-to-another-using/91578b65-46a2-4850-8402-3cfa02b926fd"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to undo always use windows media player to open