Windows 10: How to undo Win 11 Microsoft Edge performed unwanted import of Chrome favourites

Discus and support How to undo Win 11 Microsoft Edge performed unwanted import of Chrome favourites in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This morning I started MS Edge and without me knowing or requesting it, automatically imported my Chrome favourites. This was a totally unwanted and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DavidNiemi, Sep 15, 2022.

1. How to undo Win 11 Microsoft Edge performed unwanted import of Chrome favourites

This morning I started MS Edge and without me knowing or requesting it, automatically imported my Chrome favourites. This was a totally unwanted and against my will action. How do I undo this to get Edge back to how I wanted it and used it?Secondly: How do I stop all of the unwanted intrusions on my privacy and workflow for a product that I paid for?While I had previously briefly reviewed the user agreement I didn't notice any section where I agreed to let Microsoft make profile change at their whim. This is bordering on invasion of privacy.Thank you Dave

:)

DavidNiemi, Sep 15, 2022
  2. Mel Jones Win User

Why isn’t there any favourites? In Microsoft Edge…?

Colleagues and friends have been asking me where are my favourites form Internet Explorer 11 in Microsoft Edge. What a lot of people don't realise (i.e. the novice n00b is just being rude) Microsoft Edge is a completely new browser, it's not Internet Explorer 12 as some people are getting confused with. It is a completely new browser. More stable much better than Internet Explorer 11. So to answer any questions to any novice Windows 10 users, Microsoft Edge Favourites I have listed below a few simple steps. (important! You have to have favourites present in IE11) If your favourites are in IE11 then just import them from your previous browser to Microsoft Edge. Respectively you can do the same for Google Chrome as well. Although at the moment Firefox does not appear in the list...

How to undo Win 11 Microsoft Edge performed unwanted import of Chrome favourites [​IMG]

1. Open Microsoft Edge then click on
      How to undo Win 11 Microsoft Edge performed unwanted import of Chrome favourites [​IMG]
    2. To the right you will see Import favourites
    3. By default Internet Explorer is ticked to be imported
    4. Import your favourites and then click on the Favourites Tab again and you will see your favourites from Internet Explorer

If your Favourites do not appear just close and reopen Microsoft Edge and then click on

Now all your Favourites from IE or Chrome have been imported into Microsoft Edge...

Moreover, and most importantly is where is the path for the "Favourites Hub" Microsoft have done their best to hide the location of the favourites for Microsoft Edge. But because I'm working with computers for 7.5 hrs a day I thought the logical place to be would be in hidden away within AppData. If you want to edit your Favourites then the best way is to go directly to the file path location.

WB + R to open Run Command and type in AppData or just copy and paste the link that I have provided below for you.

AppData
    Local
    Packages
    Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    AC
    Microsoft Edge
    User
    Favourites

Drect Link: C:\Users\Mel\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Defa ult\Favorites

Mel Jones, Sep 15, 2022
  3. graye Win User
    Lost all my favourites from Microsoft Edge explorer while importing favourites from Chrome explorer.

Is it possible that the new favorites got placed in a separate folder inside Edge... and the old favorites are still there, but just in a different folder?

graye, Sep 15, 2022
  4. How to undo Win 11 Microsoft Edge performed unwanted import of Chrome favourites

Lost all my favourites from Microsoft Edge explorer while importing favourites from Chrome explorer.

Hello, I tried to import favourites from chrome explorer to Microsoft Edge explorer and in the process all the favourites from the chrome were transferred to Microsoft Edge explorer but I lost all the favourites which were already on the Microsoft Edge Explorer.
    How to get back all my Microsoft edge favourites back?

I have already tried locating the favourites in the folder located at this location (C:\Users\personalname\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites) but could only find the new imported favourites
    from chrome only. And no sign of the favourites which were on Microsoft edge explorer.

If any one can please help me out here. I will really appreciate the help.

Thanks!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hassanowen, Sep 15, 2022
Thema:

How to undo Win 11 Microsoft Edge performed unwanted import of Chrome favourites

1. How to undo Win 11 Microsoft Edge performed unwanted import of Chrome favourites - Similar Threads - undo Microsoft Edge

2. How to undo Win 11 Microsoft Edge performed unwanted import of Chrome favourites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to undo Win 11 Microsoft Edge performed unwanted import of Chrome favourites: This morning I started MS Edge and without me knowing or requesting it, automatically imported my Chrome favourites. This was a totally unwanted and against my will action. How do I undo this to get Edge back to how I wanted it and used it?Secondly: How do I stop all of the...
  3. Edge Chrome favourites not being saved.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Chrome favourites not being saved.: I am using Microsoft Edge Chrome,Version 84.0.522.61 Official build 64-bitup to date. I have imported my old Edge favourites and they appear in an “Other favourites “ folder. The functionality of the new “Manage favourites” seems OK until I make changes, such as new...
  4. How to import chrome to edge.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to import chrome to edge.: How to import chrome to edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-chrome-to-edge/213aec37-3321-43e2-8e36-f050c50f7f45
  5. How to import Chrome passwords in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to import Chrome passwords in Microsoft Edge: Hello, I am wanting to move from the computer and I would like to know how to import Chrome passwords in Microsoft Edge. Please, someone, help me....
  6. How to import passwords from chrome to edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to import passwords from chrome to edge: I've read the posts on how to import Bookmarks and Passwords from Chrome to Edge and I've done it. The problem is that the passwords didn't get transferred. How do I import my saved passwords from Chrome to Edge?...
  7. Organise Favourites in Edge - how?

in Browsers and Email
    Organise Favourites in Edge - how?: I can drag and drop within the Favourites list, but there seems to be no way to get a link out of a folder and back into the main list, for example. No way to 'organise Favourites'. Am I overlooking something? 21223
  8. How to Manage Favourites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Manage Favourites in Edge: Hi All I have a W10 laptop, W10 desktop, an iPad and an iPhone. I've disabled web browser setting synchronisation as this doesn't apply to my non-MS devices. I'm using iCloud for Windows 4.1 and this does a great job of synching IE bookmarks to Safari (if I use the...
  9. Problems with imported Favourites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with imported Favourites in Edge: Hello. I have two problems with the Edge browser: First, I have imported my favourites from Google Chrome but not all of them have transferred. I have looked in the folder %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorite...
  10. Microsoft Edge Favourites Problems

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Favourites Problems: I am using Microsoft Edge, and for convenience I am adding pages into the favourites section for quick access to them. However, I have found over the last week that Edge is deleting these files without my input. So when I open Edge I find my favourites box is empty. What can...