Windows 10: How to ungroup and separate removable drives in This PC?

Discus and support How to ungroup and separate removable drives in This PC? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to ungroup and separate removable drives in This PC? it shows removable drives, optical drives and hard drives in one group together. This is one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zeno, Aug 23, 2015.

1. zeno Win User

How to ungroup and separate removable drives in This PC?

it shows removable drives, optical drives and hard drives in one group together. This is one of the the worst changes made to Windows. Sadly, the OS does not offer you any option to the ungroup drives logically so local drives are in one group and the rest in another.
    please help fix this just with registry tweak (not third party software) .
    thanks

:)

2. Dino Davis, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Ungrouping eMail in Window 10

I just was forced to update to Window 10. I cannot find the function to ungroup my email. It is very annoying. Windows 8.1 allowed for ungrouping and combining email. Does anyone know how this is accomplished in Windows 10? Thanks.

Robert W Stallings, Aug 23, 2015
  4. How to ungroup and separate removable drives in This PC?

Easy task! zeno Welcome to the Ten Forums! by the way. *Smile

Since 7 and previous versions all drives and devices have been grouped together in one main catagory This PC in 10! This actually started previously with Windows 8 and when running the Customer Preview that needed a solution which is a simple task of opening a new Explorer window to view the drives as you would and choosing a blank spot to right click on.

Once the right click menu appears you scroll all the way to the bottom of that and choose the "more" option which then will bring up a new Details screen with check boxes to work with. You want to check of the "File System" box and then simply click the OK button afterwards. From there you right click on the blank spot as you did the first time but time will find the "File System" item in plain view to be checked off again and then look at how the drives are separated!

How to ungroup and separate removable drives in This PC? [​IMG]

NTFS and Unspecified for removable is how that ends up. Any view change is found in the folder options and Choose Details screens for how you see things in any windows whether looking at drives or where you look for certain files when browsing directories. A couple of right clicks will see the types of drives separated however.

Night Hawk, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

1. How to ungroup and separate removable drives in This PC? - Similar Threads - ungroup separate removable

2. How to Separate One Drive Files from PC Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Separate One Drive Files from PC Files: Everything in my One Drive Documents and Pictures also appear and sync with Docs and Pics under Libraries. Not sure what I did wrong when setting this all up and reorganizing but I want Docs and Pics under Libraries to be separate from the files in one drive. Also I don't...
  3. How to Separate One Drive Files from PC Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Separate One Drive Files from PC Files: Everything in my One Drive Documents and Pictures also appear and sync with Docs and Pics under Libraries. Not sure what I did wrong when setting this all up and reorganizing but I want Docs and Pics under Libraries to be separate from the files in one drive. Also I don't...
  4. How to ungroup items on taskbar?

How to ungroup items on taskbar?: I was told that Microsoft would be solving this problem, yet I can't seem to find a solution yet; can anybody please help me figure out how to ungroup items on my taskbar? If there's still no solution, how can I go back to Windows 10? Thank you....
  5. How to ungroup tabs!?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to ungroup tabs!?!: Have they provided an update yet to allow us to ungroup tabs? They automatically group together, compiling all Firefox windows into one requiring way more clicks. This is an absurd update, considering my entire taskbar is empty now all the time meanwhile I have 3 Firefox...
  6. How to ungroup tabs!?!

How to ungroup tabs!?!: Have they provided an update yet to allow us to ungroup tabs? They automatically group together, compiling all Firefox windows into one requiring way more clicks. This is an absurd update, considering my entire taskbar is empty now all the time meanwhile I have 3 Firefox...
  7. Individual/Independent Separate UnGrouped Outlook Taskbar Icons

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Individual/Independent Separate UnGrouped Outlook Taskbar Icons: Hello, I hope everyone is going well! Quick question; As the title suggests, is there any way for me to have two separate ungrouped Outlook taskbar icons, using regedit or other means? For example; one icon for opening my outlook mailbox and another ungroup icon that opens...
  8. Ungrouping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ungrouping: HI, I have upgraded form W8 - W10 I use office 2013 I have always been able to move folders within a a folder to where I need them to be on my screen. I can then close down or even shut down and when I reopen the folder everything is where I put it. Since the upgrade...
  9. SEPARATE DRIVES

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SEPARATE DRIVES: Hello r/Windows10! My PC currently has 1 HDD running Windows 10. I would like to add another hard drive to encrypt private information. I would like the drive to be inaccessible by my current version of Windows and the drive should have its own OS that I can boot into from...
  10. How to Ungroup Email

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Ungroup Email: PLEASE tell me how to ungroup emails in Windows 10. The site says to select a mail "tab" from the top - I have no folders or tabs at the top Only a settings button at the bottom and "options" is not an option! If I can't resolve this, someone is going to get hurt!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to ungroup and separate removable drives in This PC in Windows 10

2. ungroup for pc

3. how to ungroup in usb