Windows 10: How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge

Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web compatibility and performance.

The new Chromium based Microsoft Edge is supported on all versions of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server (2016 and above), Windows Server (2008 R2 to 2012 R2), and macOS.

You can enable the Tab Groups experimental flag in Microsoft Edge to allow users to organize tabs into visually distinct groups, e.g. to separate tabs associated with different tasks.

Tab Groups includes the following features:

• Add tab to new or existing group
    • Remove tab from group
    • Name or rename group
    • Open new tab in group
    • Ungroup tabs in a group
    • Close group to remove group and all added tabs
    This tutorial will show you how to ungroup tabs in a group and remove tab from group without closing tabs in the Chromium based Microsoft Edge in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

Read more: Browsers and Mail - How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge | Windows Questions

:)

Brink, Dec 5, 2020
  2. nonyabiz Win User

Tab Groups in Edge

Is there any way to save all open tabs as a group, and reopen the entire group at once? Edge really feels like a huge step backwards in terms of features, but it is hard to believe that such simple, but useful, functionality would have been overlooked.

nonyabiz, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Tab Groups in Edge

What a shame Edge has gone a step backwards from IE in this area.

Internet Explorer supported Tab Groups. It's lack in Edge is one of the main reasons I don't use Edge as my default browser.

Other reasons: Titlebar and address bar are too big. and take up too much space.

Shimmy Weitzhandler, Dec 5, 2020
  4. How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge

Tab Groups in Edge

Hi,

You may open tabs as a group at once, you may follow the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the

How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge 2e1a3eb2-eaad-43cf-abac-1cedcd70e125.png
      icon.
    • Select Settings.

How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge e80a0dda-17e8-4673-94d4-0f7c944e4bbb.png

• Under "Open with", you can choose "Previous pages" to open all the previous tabs you have visited.

How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge cc87e6d1-bb33-4487-a49e-b21224cf2e5e.png
    If you want to create a set of web pages to launch every time you open Microsoft Edge, follow these steps:

• Under "Open with", select "A specific page or pages".

How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge 2e9e6268-b197-400b-9f7c-fa0c338c1f93.png

• On the drop-down list, choose Custom.

How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge d8a2ebed-b490-4c86-9bad-1e5653d7c47d.png

• Type in the website and click the Add icon.

How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge 19aeebaa-12f9-487b-ac50-2896a3cd6f27.png
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge

1. How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Ungroup Tabs Remove

2. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  3. Microsoft Edge will let you pin Tab groups.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge will let you pin Tab groups.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tskh7i/microsoft_edge_will_let_you_pin_tab_groups/
  4. How to ungroup tabs!?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to ungroup tabs!?!: Have they provided an update yet to allow us to ungroup tabs? They automatically group together, compiling all Firefox windows into one requiring way more clicks. This is an absurd update, considering my entire taskbar is empty now all the time meanwhile I have 3 Firefox...
  5. How to ungroup tabs!?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to ungroup tabs!?!: Have they provided an update yet to allow us to ungroup tabs? They automatically group together, compiling all Firefox windows into one requiring way more clicks. This is an absurd update, considering my entire taskbar is empty now all the time meanwhile I have 3 Firefox...
  6. How to Name or Rename Tab Group in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Name or Rename Tab Group in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web...
  7. How to Add Tab to New or Existing Group in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add Tab to New or Existing Group in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web...
  8. How to Enable or Disable Tab Groups Collapse in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Tab Groups Collapse in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web...
  9. How to Enable or Disable Tab Groups Auto Create in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Tab Groups Auto Create in Microsoft Edge: You can enable the Tab Groups experimental flag in Microsoft Edge to allow users to organize tabs into visually distinct groups, e.g. to separate tabs associated with different tasks. Tab Groups includes the following features: Add tab to new or existing group Remove tab...
  10. IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?

in Browsers and Email
    IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?: After updating to the CU 1703, IE now has an "Open Microsoft Edge" TAB which I'd like to remove. Its becoming annoying as I'm accidentally clicking it when wanting to just open a new TAB. Had a good look in the Advanced settings and under TAB settings but didn't see any way...