Windows 10: How to uninstall all drivers after cloning the Windows on my new SSD and move to a new laptop?

Discus and support How to uninstall all drivers after cloning the Windows on my new SSD and move to a new laptop? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to move my windows from HDD to my new SSD and I'm wondering if I want to change my laptop and put my SSD into the "new laptop", I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmirNajjarpour, Jan 26, 2020.

1. How to uninstall all drivers after cloning the Windows on my new SSD and move to a new laptop?

I want to move my windows from HDD to my new SSD and I'm wondering if I want to change my laptop and put my SSD into the "new laptop", I have to uninstall all the drivers installed on that windows drive for the previous laptop and install new ones for this new laptop. Is it even possible? Is there a problem here?

How can I immigrate between the two devices with my SSD?

:)

AmirNajjarpour, Jan 26, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Installing The SSD - Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook | Tom's Hardware

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Jan 26, 2020
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused How to uninstall all drivers after cloning the Windows on my new SSD and move to a new laptop? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jan 26, 2020
  4. How to uninstall all drivers after cloning the Windows on my new SSD and move to a new laptop?

Clone old SSD to USB to new SSD

So I planned to upgrade my current 128gb SSD to 512gb SSD on my laptop. As my laptop has only 1 m.2 slot, is it possible for me to:

1. Clone my current 128gb SSD (consist of Windows 10 and a few softwares) using EaseUS to my Sandisk Extreme Pro 128gb usb
    2. Then plug in my new 512gb SSD and boot up through my Sandisk usb
    3. And then clone the data from my Sandisk usb back to my new SSD?

Will this method work? And will the license key still be usable after the cloning?

Eirfuun Niann, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

How to uninstall all drivers after cloning the Windows on my new SSD and move to a new laptop?

1. How to uninstall all drivers after cloning the Windows on my new SSD and move to a new laptop? - Similar Threads - uninstall drivers cloning

2. Moving windows to a new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving windows to a new ssd: Hi I want to move my windows to the new ssd that I installed on my pc because it is a faster and more space ssd m.2. How do I move it over and delete the old one from my old ssd...
  3. Moving windows to a new ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving windows to a new ssd: Hi I want to move my windows to the new ssd that I installed on my pc because it is a faster and more space ssd m.2. How do I move it over and delete the old one from my old ssd...
  4. Moving to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving to a new SSD: I have a desktop PC with a 930GB hard drive only 220 GB used; it's working ok but for various reasons I'd like to get a SSD drive and move to it. My nearby PC service company says they can easily install the new disk, and upgrade from my current Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  5. Moving to a new SSD

Moving to a new SSD: I have a desktop PC with a 930GB hard drive only 220 GB used; it's working ok but for various reasons I'd like to get a SSD drive and move to it. My nearby PC service company says they can easily install the new disk, and upgrade from my current Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  6. Cloning an OS to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning an OS to a new SSD: Hi there! I bought a tower from a friends company but had to buy a new SSD that did have an OS installed onto it. I was wondering how I can go about cloning my current OS from my laptop onto the new SSD so I can use the tower. I have found numerous videos showing how to clone...
  7. Cloning an OS to a new SSD

Cloning an OS to a new SSD: Hi there! I bought a tower from a friends company but had to buy a new SSD that did have an OS installed onto it. I was wondering how I can go about cloning my current OS from my laptop onto the new SSD so I can use the tower. I have found numerous videos showing how to clone...
  8. Cloning an OS to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Unable to clone new ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to clone new ssd: Had Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on my desktop. Took the free upgrade to Windows 10 from Microsoft. Somehow part of Windows 10 got installed on my F: drive which is a secondary HDD on my computer. I've just installed a new SSD drive and wanted to clone my current C: drive to...
  10. How do I clone from an uninstalled ssd to a new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I clone from an uninstalled ssd to a new laptop: Hi So here's the problem. My previous laptop running windows 10 finally gave up the ghost and died on me. Not a hard drive issue but power problems (in trying to fix it I broke some of the solder joints), any way it was 5 years old and was due to be replaced, however the...