Windows 10: How to uninstall an old program in Windows 10

Discus and support How to uninstall an old program in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an old photo manager program which need to uninstall. It's a UK program created by a now defunct since 2007 company, Pixology, called Jessops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stephen G-F, Dec 30, 2019.

1. How to uninstall an old program in Windows 10

I have an old photo manager program which need to uninstall. It's a UK program created by a now defunct since 2007 company, Pixology, called Jessops Picture Manager Version 1.0.0.13 part of Jessops Picture suite copyright date 2003. Jessops processed pictures taken on film and with the prints provided them also on CD for which this software was required to view them.

This has been fine to view these old photos but this software has now hijacked the viewing of all and any photos on my Windows 10 desktop computer with its Picture Manager. Having now printed all the Photos and re-scanned them as modern scanned images, I no longer need this software so need to uninstall it.

When I try to uninstall it I get the following message: 'Could not open INSTALL.LOG file'. I have tried to uninstall with the Jessops CD in the drive but this does not find this file. I have not been able to uninstall this program nor have I found a way to disable it.

How can I now uninstall this program?

:)

Stephen G-F, Dec 30, 2019

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 30, 2019
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused How to uninstall an old program in Windows 10 :confused:

oli_ramsay, Dec 30, 2019
  4. How to uninstall an old program in Windows 10

Windows 10: unable to uninstall programs

Hi Davy,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to uninstall Java 8 in the Programs and Features from the safe mode.

Please refer the below link to start the computer in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Follow the below steps to uninstall Java 8:

• Right click on Start button and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • In the Programs and Features you can find the Java 8 programs.
    • Right click on it and click on Uninstall.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

How to uninstall an old program in Windows 10

1. How to uninstall an old program in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - uninstall old program

2. How to uninstall old windows 10 safely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall old windows 10 safely?: I have windows 11 on my PC. But it has a C drive with windows 11 installed on it and a D drive with windows 10 on it. How do i safely remove windows 10?...
  3. How to uninstall old windows 10 safely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall old windows 10 safely?: I have windows 11 on my PC. But it has a C drive with windows 11 installed on it and a D drive with windows 10 on it. How do i safely remove windows 10?...
  4. how to uninstall program that will not uninstall

how to uninstall program that will not uninstall: how to uninstall program when uninstall does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-program-that-will-not-uninstall/d5c42751-2d54-40ca-bcc8-ef54c3ee747b
  5. how do I uninstall programs with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I uninstall programs with Windows 10?: I cannot for the life of me figure out how to uninstall programs on Windows 10. I have searched for Programs" "Uninstall"...various different things but nothing seems to work I need to uninstall some **** I installed by mistake Thanks...
  6. uninstalling a program on windows 10

uninstalling a program on windows 10: hello there, im having a problem with eplan program i cannot uninstall since eplan were not uninstalling i made a mistake i think because i deleted every eplan program file in pc now it just shows up with its icon but you cannot modify or uninstall it what can i do...
  7. How to uninstall program a program in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to uninstall program a program in windows 10: My old printer program is still showing on my desktop. How do I uninstall it? Thanks Greg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-program-a-program-in-windows-10/9a288f01-e183-4ae3-a0c0-61fde449056a"
  8. HOW TO UNINSTALL THE PROGRAM

HOW TO UNINSTALL THE PROGRAM: can anyone help me to unistall this app as by normal method its not possible [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-the-program/0f0058bf-4e55-47a2-9628-d91e3dad4ccc
  9. UNINSTALLING AN OLD OUTDATED PROGRAM (APP)

UNINSTALLING AN OLD OUTDATED PROGRAM (APP): I AM TRYING TO UNINSTALL SAMSUNG USB DRIVER FOR MOBILE PHONE PROGRAM (APP) FROM MY HP PC w/WINDOWS 10 (64bit)….. ....THROUGH THE CONTROL PANEL, I CLICK THE PROGRAM, CLICK UNINSTALL....MSS INSTALL WIZARD ASKS REMOVE? CLICK. WIZ SAYS: PROGRAM HAS BEEN REMOVED, CLICK...
  10. how to uninstall a program that wont uninstall in windows 10

how to uninstall a program that wont uninstall in windows 10: how to uninstall a program that wont uninstall in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-a-program-that-wont-uninstall-in/e72441fe-d5b2-4db0-88a1-541cbc45105e