Windows 10: How to Uninstall and Reinstall Cortana in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Uninstall and Reinstall Cortana in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]One of the significant changes made to Windows 10 2004 is Cortana. Once what was integrated deep into the Operating System is now a standalone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 30, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Uninstall and Reinstall Cortana in Windows 10

WinClub, May 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 30, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! How to Uninstall and Reinstall Cortana in Windows 10 :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, May 30, 2020
  4. MattAkins Win User

uninstall Cortana in windows 10

I type Cortana and I'm told "no settings found".

MattAkins, May 30, 2020
Thema:

1. How to Uninstall and Reinstall Cortana in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Uninstall Reinstall Cortana

2. Uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 10: A website, Micro Global...something represented themselves as Microsoft and convinced my friend he needed to have them secure his laptop to the tune of $900.00. He was instructed to use Any Desk. They refuse to refund and continue to harass him. Would uninstalling Windows and...
  3. Uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 10: A website, Micro Global...something represented themselves as Microsoft and convinced my friend he needed to have them secure his laptop to the tune of $900.00. He was instructed to use Any Desk. They refuse to refund and continue to harass him. Would uninstalling Windows and...
  4. Uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Uninstall and Reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Uninstall and Reinstall Windows 10: If I uninstall Windows 10 to reinstall due to no space will I be able to do that without problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-and-reinstall-windows-10/129f1551-b56b-4d1c-89e7-9b2b94647827
  6. How to uninstall Cortana

in Cortana
    How to uninstall Cortana: I find it truly sickening that, in a time of high online privacy concerns, Microsoft decides to install spyware on my WORK computer, completely without my consent. I was looking around online for ways to uninstall it, but sites warn that tampering with the Windows registry...
  7. Uninstall and Reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Uninstall and Reinstall Windows 10: Hi! I am a Windows 10 user. I recently sent my laptop for repair and addition of SDD, but when it came back, I noticed the product key was changed. I don't know much about computer stuff, but I noticed I couldn't install Windows' updates and some of the online features...
  8. How to Uninstall or Reinstall Notepad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Uninstall or Reinstall Notepad in Windows 10: [ATTACH]After being a default app for almost 30 years, Notepad is now an optional feature in your Windows PC. Notepad is the simple text editor […] This article How to Uninstall or Reinstall Notepad in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. How do you reinstall Cortana in windows 10 ?

in Cortana
    How do you reinstall Cortana in windows 10 ?: I somehow deleted Cortana. How do I reinstall her in windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-reinstall-cortana-in-windows-10/f8b1acca-43e6-49b9-b259-82e9b7361877
  10. how to uninstall cortana

in Cortana
    how to uninstall cortana: Cortana drives me crazy. How can I uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-cortana/4bab6bd8-fe67-47bd-ad4f-7fc5bd2ffdfc"