Windows 10: How to Uninstall and Reinstall Microsoft WordPad in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Uninstall and Reinstall Microsoft WordPad in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Since the release of Windows 95, all of us have encountered Microsoft’s rich text editor WordPad once in our life. WordPad is a powerful yet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 7, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Uninstall and Reinstall Microsoft WordPad in Windows 10

WinClub, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Andrew Win User

How to Uninstall WordPad Windows 10?

WordPad some how became my default application to open .docx files. I know I could just change the default, but, I wanted to make it be gone forever and never have the possibility of annoying me again. But.... there doesnt seem to be a way to uninstall it.

I've looked in:

Please help me escape Microsoft's iron fist.

Andrew, Jul 7, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! How to Uninstall and Reinstall Microsoft WordPad in Windows 10 :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jul 7, 2020
  4. How to Uninstall and Reinstall Microsoft WordPad in Windows 10

Wordpad

Hello Tatic,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

What exactly you mean when you say ‘deleted’, are you referring to the application which was showing in the Start menu or the application was uninstalled from your computer?

WordPad is a basic word processor that is included with almost all the versions of Microsoft Windows.

I would suggest you to follow below mentioned steps.

1. Click on Start menu and type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar search and click on the result. This will open WordPad.
    2. If you’re not able to open WordPad, Press
      Windows + R and type ‘Write’ and hit enter.
    3. You will WordPad application launching on the
      screen.
    4. Navigate to C:\windows\system32\ and look for a ‘write’ (File).
    5. You will see the application now.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

How to Uninstall and Reinstall Microsoft WordPad in Windows 10

1. How to Uninstall and Reinstall Microsoft WordPad in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Uninstall Reinstall Microsoft

2. Wordpad app uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wordpad app uninstalled: Hi All,Wordpad app has been erased. I'd like to re-install but I understand that it's no longer available. How can I get around this problem? Thanks in advance.Dorabella...
  3. How to reinstall Wordpad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall Wordpad in Windows 10: The command line as admin DISM option just reinstalled the old version from an image file, which obviously had the bad version. Thinking to just uninstall from the Settings>Apps>Apps and Features mechanism, I successfully uninstalled, but when trying to reinstall I found over...
  4. How to reinstall Wordpad in Windows 10

How to reinstall Wordpad in Windows 10: The command line as admin DISM option just reinstalled the old version from an image file, which obviously had the bad version. Thinking to just uninstall from the Settings>Apps>Apps and Features mechanism, I successfully uninstalled, but when trying to reinstall I found over...
  5. How to reinstall Wordpad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to uninstall and reinstal microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall and reinstal microsoft store?: how do i reinstall microsoft store? it appears in the start menu but does show up on the apps list in the settings. When i click microsoft store in the start menu, it doesnt work thats why i needed to uninstall and reinstall it but i dont know how....
  7. How to uninstall and reinstal microsoft store?

How to uninstall and reinstal microsoft store?: how do i reinstall microsoft store? it appears in the start menu but does show up on the apps list in the settings. When i click microsoft store in the start menu, it doesnt work thats why i needed to uninstall and reinstall it but i dont know how....
  8. How do I reinstall wordpad on my windows 10

How do I reinstall wordpad on my windows 10: I just had my computer in the repair shop and thay reinstalled Windows 10 but I lost my wordpad. How is the easiest way to reinstal it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-wordpad-on-my-windows-10/2bfe098a-9456-4637-906b-3217a1904841
  9. How can I Uninstall wordPad on windows 10?!?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I Uninstall wordPad on windows 10?!?: How can I uninstall Wordpad on Windows 10, it is so annoying!!! Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-uninstall-wordpad-on-windows-10/0755c1ff-4e28-4d96-92a0-b5765b6a9ff4
  10. Install or Uninstall Microsoft WordPad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install or Uninstall Microsoft WordPad in Windows 10: How to: Install or Uninstall Microsoft WordPad in Windows 10 How to Install or Uninstall Microsoft WordPad in Windows 10 Microsoft WordPad is a basic rich text editor first included with Microsoft Windows 95 and all versions of Windows since. It is more advanced than...