Windows 10: How to uninstall App Installer?

Discus and support How to uninstall App Installer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just reset Windows and there's this weird problem: The pre-installed windows apps except microsoft store will show up normally but it won't open. You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iq_1, Feb 19, 2022.

1. iq_1 Win User

How to uninstall App Installer?

I just reset Windows and there's this weird problem: The pre-installed windows apps except microsoft store will show up normally but it won't open. You have to either repair them, or uninstall then reinstall via elevated admin powershell. The reason I sometimes have to do the 2nd way is because on some windows apps, when you try to go to its app settings, the settings app will just crash completely lol. And when you try to install them in the microsoft store, it'll show an error message. Now I managed to fix it and the apps are working perfectly fine. But "App Installer" didn't work becaus

:)

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused How to uninstall App Installer? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Feb 19, 2022
  3. Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 19, 2022
  4. Mark0 Win User

Completely uninstall provisioned apps: how-to and detailed explanation

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough. In step 1 I suggest to create ONE user only. I see you start with 2 users.
    I suggested so because I see the error after the app has been uninstalled for that user and it is reverted to Staged state, i.e. it is still there, but not installed to any user. At that point option 6 fails for me. When you try option 6, I see the app is still installed for the second account.

Mark0, Feb 19, 2022
Thema:

1. How to uninstall App Installer? - Similar Threads - uninstall App Installer

2. how to uninstall a app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to uninstall a app?: troubleshooting in uninstall a epic online services, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-a-app/16c7086a-14e7-4b37-bd2a-154d276b84b5
  3. how to uninstall a app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to uninstall a app?: troubleshooting in uninstall a epic online services, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-a-app/16c7086a-14e7-4b37-bd2a-154d276b84b5
  4. how to uninstall a app?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to uninstall an app the MS store says is installed but is not installed?

How to uninstall an app the MS store says is installed but is not installed?: Hi. I had a game app installed from the MS store called "Warzone 2011" that worked wonderfully until I downloaded and installed the Windows 11 upgrade a couple days ago. After installation, I noticed there was no shortcut icon for the game, to play the game.So, I went back to...
  6. How to uninstall App Installer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall App Installer?: I just reset Windows and there's this weird problem: The pre-installed windows apps except microsoft store will show up normally but it won't open. You have to either repair them, or uninstall then reinstall via elevated admin powershell. The reason I sometimes have to do the...
  7. Installing and uninstalling apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing and uninstalling apps: I'm trying to uninstall Microsoft store apps and update some but I run into 2 problems. Whenever I try to uninstall an app it says error code:0x80073cf1 And when I try to update it says error code:0xC0020036 I went into command prompt and ran the sfc /scanow but it did not...
  8. How to uninstall this app?

How to uninstall this app?: [ATTACH] Help me uninstall this app, please... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-this-app/cb743dc7-0d5e-44a9-aa5b-bf68535b34c9
  9. how to uninstall the app?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how to uninstall the app?: I want to uninstall the Discord app from my Windows 10 laptop but I cannot do it. I still find this app in my files but it cannot be opened. I tried to run a troubleshooter with no avail. Why cannot I uninstall this app?...
  10. how to Uninstall an app installed with another user

how to Uninstall an app installed with another user: Yesterday I had a problem with my current user, and to solve it I had to create another user account in windows. But now, my game "Quantum Break" that I had registered with the other user no longer appears as installed in windows. All applications are fine except the game....