Windows 10: How to uninstall Avast Antivirus if it does not show in the list of apps on the PC

Discus and support How to uninstall Avast Antivirus if it does not show in the list of apps on the PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro N, version 1803. For the last few days Windows is trying to install an update, but states the following: Uninstall Avast... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SexyPotato93, Aug 16, 2019.

1. How to uninstall Avast Antivirus if it does not show in the list of apps on the PC

I have Windows 10 Pro N, version 1803. For the last few days Windows is trying to install an update, but states the following: Uninstall Avast Antivirus now because it is not compatible with Windows 10. If I follow the steps: Settings > Apps and Features ; Avast does not show in the list of apps. I searched for it on my PC and found it on one of the drives. I tried to delete it, but the message still comes up, and therefore my Windows update cannot be completed. How do I get rid of Avast Antivirus?

:)

SexyPotato93, Aug 16, 2019

2. Avast Antivirus

Hi,

Stop Avast and then uninstall it in Programs and Features - then run the

Avast Uninstall Utility.

Contact Avast Support and their forums.

Avast - Support

http://www.avast.com/support

Avast - Forums

Avast WEBforum - Index

Avast - Uninstall Utility

Avast Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for Avast Removal

List of anti-malware program cleanup/uninstall tools

List of anti-malware product removal tools

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
    !

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Avast Antivirus

If you've previously encountered issues with Malwarebytes then you may want to avoid using it.

If Avast and Adwcleaner find no malware issues then you may have eliminated any problems though the use of "Torrents" may expose your computer to additional risks.

Other scanners that may help with malware issues are listed at

List
    of Malware Removal Tools

Good luck...

Le Boule, Aug 16, 2019
  4. jgm756 Win User

How to uninstall Avast Antivirus if it does not show in the list of apps on the PC

Avast Antivirus

I had exactly the same problem and AVAST antivirus was the cause.

Once AVAST was uninstalled, Windows 10 worked great.

now I need to determine which antivirus is best for Windows 10!

jgm756, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

How to uninstall Avast Antivirus if it does not show in the list of apps on the PC

1. How to uninstall Avast Antivirus if it does not show in the list of apps on the PC - Similar Threads - uninstall Avast Antivirus

2. Does the KB5011493 update remove Avast antivirus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the KB5011493 update remove Avast antivirus?: Does the KB5011493 update remove Avast antivirus? After downloading this update, my Avast antivirus completely disappeared and I was not able to download a new version of the program....
  3. Does the KB5011493 update remove Avast antivirus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does the KB5011493 update remove Avast antivirus?: Does the KB5011493 update remove Avast antivirus? After downloading this update, my Avast antivirus completely disappeared and I was not able to download a new version of the program....
  4. How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus Completely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus Completely: Can anyone help me in uninstalling avast antivirus completely? I tried to uninstall it through device manager but it is not uninstalled completely. Need permanent solution of it. Thank You in advance....
  5. avast antivirus clear uninstall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    avast antivirus clear uninstall: Every time i turn my pc on it ask me to choose a operating system how do i remove the avast antivirus clear uninstall option?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/avast-antivirus-clear-uninstall/00443096-023a-4461-8097-fd439d7dea41
  6. Avast AntiVirus Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Avast AntiVirus Bug: Hi team, I have been facing this problem from yesterday, Avast anti virus installing automatically , I didn't even download the setup and I am pretty much sure I uninstalled the Anti virus yesterday but When I logged in today the anti virus program was there , I have Mcfee...
  7. uninstall avast free antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall avast free antivirus: I have windows 10. I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast and could not be activated. I done a search on C: and found many avast files remaining. I have used the avast removal tool...
  8. Uninstalling Avast Antivirus files in C:/Windows/WinSxS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling Avast Antivirus files in C:/Windows/WinSxS: Recently I downloaded an antivirus software called Avast but later decided to uninstall it. After I ran the uninstaller, I noticed some files remained in C:/Windows/WinSxS, and I couldn't delete them. I tried IoBit and changing the ownership of the file but it still will not...
  9. How to Uninstall Avast?

How to Uninstall Avast?: I can not uninstall avast free antivirus software [Original Title: unsalling] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-avast/068290b9-8558-4e42-9067-8c1cb2809174
  10. How drive "AVAST Free Antivirus"

How drive "AVAST Free Antivirus": Hello All: Somehow a software named "Avast Free Antivirus" intruded into my w10. I go to Control Panel/Programms/Uninstall to Uninstall it BUT failed!! How can I drive it out of my pc? --- Zhao...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. avast does not appear in list of apps

2. avast software is still in program files but not listed in programs and freatures

3. avast not listed in uninstall list

4. windows update uninstal avast already not on computer,
  5. avast uninstall this app because it is not compatible with windows 10 installation,
  6. avast antivirus does not show