Windows 10: How to Uninstall Avast?

Discus and support How to Uninstall Avast? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can not uninstall avast free antivirus software [Original Title: unsalling]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mahmudshihab, Apr 30, 2019.

1. How to Uninstall Avast?

I can not uninstall avast free antivirus software

[Original Title: unsalling]

:)

mahmudshihab, Apr 30, 2019
  2. Sutado Win User

Uninstalled Avast to use Windows Defender, tells me to uninstall Avast...

So I had Avast on my computer as my anti-virus program, and was really annoyed at the pop-ups I'd constantly get, so I uninstalled it, and decided to use Windows Defender.

I tried to turn on real time protection, but it tells me uninstall Avast first....I not only uninstalled avast, but I deleted it's remnants from where it was kept in my hard drive.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks!

~

Sutado, Apr 30, 2019
  3. DBrambila Win User
    Uninstall Avast program

I thank you for prompt response. However, I follow your advice and try to use Avast uninstaller tool, they suggest to allow the tool to put the computer on safe mode. Its that a good thing to do?

DBrambila, Apr 30, 2019
  4. lbeck Win User

How to Uninstall Avast?

Significant problems while trying to uninstall McAfee and Avast

Thanks, Ken. Your suggestions worked. My primary problem was not running the Avast uninstall utility as administrator. Once I did that and uninstalled Avast I was able to uninstall McAfee and now everything appears to be working okay.

Thanks for your help!

lbeck, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

How to Uninstall Avast?

1. How to Uninstall Avast? - Similar Threads - Uninstall Avast

2. Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.: I've been told that in order to avoid problems when installing Windows 1903 from an .iso file, it would be best to turn off or uninstall any Antivirus programs. I have Avast and used IOBitUninstaller and it appeared at first to be a successful uninstall, but the icon for...
  3. Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried to uninstall Avast prior to 1903 install, but couldn't.: I've been told that in order to avoid problems when installing Windows 1903 from an .iso file, it would be best to turn off or uninstall any Antivirus programs. I have Avast and used IOBitUninstaller and it appeared at first to be a successful uninstall, but the icon for...
  4. uninstall avast free antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall avast free antivirus: I have windows 10. I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast and could not be activated. I done a search on C: and found many avast files remaining. I have used the avast removal tool...
  5. Uninstalling Avast Antivirus files in C:/Windows/WinSxS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling Avast Antivirus files in C:/Windows/WinSxS: Recently I downloaded an antivirus software called Avast but later decided to uninstall it. After I ran the uninstaller, I noticed some files remained in C:/Windows/WinSxS, and I couldn't delete them. I tried IoBit and changing the ownership of the file but it still will not...
  6. Significant problems while trying to uninstall McAfee and Avast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Significant problems while trying to uninstall McAfee and Avast: I was troubled by the red dot and "X" beside some files in windows explorer so was recommended to uninstall my antivirus software because Windows Defender is sufficient. Running McAfee utility MCPR.exe the first thing that happened was I get a very small window almost...
  7. How do I uninstall avast antivirus on windows10 It says it can only be done by the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I uninstall avast antivirus on windows10 It says it can only be done by the...: Avast antivirus cannot be Uninstalled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-do-i-uninstall-avast-antivirus-on-windows10-it/edaf6735-66d3-44f8-b315-0a448d376203
  8. Uninstalled Avast, but it still shuts down Windows Defender

Uninstalled Avast, but it still shuts down Windows Defender: I've been experimenting with various AV programs. I had installed Avast (free) as a trial, then decided to uninstall it. I used iobit uninstaller. Then I wanted to make sure WD was back in operation but saw the message that Avast was still in control. What can I do to get WD...
  9. Avast update still appears after uninstall

Avast update still appears after uninstall: I uninstalled Avast Free Anti-Virus, although for some reason every time I boot up my computer, it still gives me the notification that Avast is still installed, but not up-to-date and not protecting my PC. This is not the first time I have encountered this glitch, I had...
  10. Can't boot to Windows 10 after uninstalling Avast antivirus.

Can't boot to Windows 10 after uninstalling Avast antivirus.: Hi i uninstalled avast free after noticing it run worse on windows 10. After I removed it via control panel I let my computer reboot. It was unable to boot and i got caught in a "Automatic Repair Restart Loop" I went to the Advanced options in recovery options but unable...