Windows 10: How to uninstall last 3 or 4 Windows updates, Feb 13th

Discus and support How to uninstall last 3 or 4 Windows updates, Feb 13th in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am still unfamiliar with Win 10. Unbeknownst to me, my system installed 3 or more updatesthis morning. I had been advised not to permit Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnS0603, Feb 13, 2020.

1. JohnS0603 Win User

How to uninstall last 3 or 4 Windows updates, Feb 13th

I am still unfamiliar with Win 10. Unbeknownst to me, my system installed 3 or more updatesthis morning. I had been advised not to permit Microsoft to install any updates for February... temporarily.

Can anyone coach me to cut through all the reams of "help", and to uninstall those most recent windows?

Many thanks....

JohnS1606

:)

JohnS0603, Feb 13, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Feb 13, 2020
  4. How to uninstall last 3 or 4 Windows updates, Feb 13th

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused How to uninstall last 3 or 4 Windows updates, Feb 13th :confused:

oli_ramsay, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

How to uninstall last 3 or 4 Windows updates, Feb 13th

1. How to uninstall last 3 or 4 Windows updates, Feb 13th - Similar Threads - uninstall last updates

2. Newest Feb 13th Tuesday updates Causing lag and freezes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Newest Feb 13th Tuesday updates Causing lag and freezes: Anyone else experiencing this, and if so have any fixes? I have almost 10 users within our company who ever since Tuesday/Wednesday and installing the latest updates experiencing extreme lag on all apps and desktop with frequent freezes and spinning circles making it near...
  3. Newest Feb 13th Tuesday updates Causing lag and freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newest Feb 13th Tuesday updates Causing lag and freezes: Anyone else experiencing this, and if so have any fixes? I have almost 10 users within our company who ever since Tuesday/Wednesday and installing the latest updates experiencing extreme lag on all apps and desktop with frequent freezes and spinning circles making it near...
  4. Newest Feb 13th Tuesday updates Causing lag and freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to uninstall framework 4?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall framework 4?: i have corrupted files of framework 4 i cant enter the folder or uninstall it how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-framework-4/86039263-ad54-4487-8178-8367b3f8af34
  6. Help, last update screwed my old 4:3 games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help, last update screwed my old 4:3 games: I've updated a few hours ago and now all the old games that i used to play in 4:3 are with the graphics stretched to widescreen, and there's no way to put them like before, i have a profile for each game in my radeon settings for preserving aspect ratio and having enabled...
  7. Uninstall the last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall the last update: Computer is really slow after the latest update. Please help me uninstall it. I am unable to do it the guided way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-the-last-update/40c2f284-c034-4c23-b8d5-f9a9f85f7fcb
  8. Windows crashed into BSoD 3 times in last 4 days

Windows crashed into BSoD 3 times in last 4 days: As the subject suggests It's crashing so many times. I ran the crash dump file through WinDbg I got an analysis but couldn't actually understand what caused the issue. Below I'm linking the copy paste of the analysis. https://pastebin.com/jd9GfQhg...
  9. forza 4 last update ........

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forza 4 last update ........: Can anyone help ? I just bought forza 4 but the game crashing during the loading screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-4-last-update/7c19bc83-87bc-4c47-b817-2941acfe3106
  10. the last update windows 10 november 13th 2018 is a shit

the last update windows 10 november 13th 2018 is a shit: mouse auto click...please fix this shit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-update-windows-10-november-13th-2018-is-a/e4d2c494-d36d-4bfa-9c49-c0a1aa9496e6