Windows 10: How to uninstall Maps app in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to uninstall Maps app in Windows 10? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I tried this:... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JerryHutcherson, Jun 25, 2020.

1. How to uninstall Maps app in Windows 10?

I tried this: 1. Press Windows Key + Q, and in the search box, type PowerShell.
    2. From results, right click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator option.

3. Type Get-AppxPackage and press Enter.

This command will output a long list of all installed apps containing lots of information about each app.

4. Type Get-AppxPackage Select Name, PackageFullName and press Enter.

This command will show only the name of the app and its PackageFullName information.

5. Select the PackageFullName information of the desired app and copy it.

6. Type Get-AppxPackage PackageFullName Remove-AppxPackage and press Enter.

This command is to remove the app from the system, replace PackageFullName with the copied information with Step 5.

For example, if you want to remove Maps app, the command to remove it will be as following:

Get-AppxPackage *Maps* Remove-AppxPackage

But when I got to step 6 I could not replace PackageFullName with copied info.

I don't get the *example* here,if that's all you have to do then why 6 steps if that is the command to remove the app?

:)

JerryHutcherson, Jun 25, 2020
  2. jmack356 Win User

Maps app not working...?

Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Whenever I go to load the included Maps app, it tries to load, even showing my local map, before it just shuts down after three seconds.
    I followed the tutorial to remove apps as show here (I used Powershell - Option #2)
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

The app uninstalled cleanly and after a quick restart it was gone from my Start Menu.
    I went to the store and found it again (Windows Maps) and reinstalled.
    Still no luck - same behavior - it tries to load then shuts down.
    Any suggestions?
    FWIW, it works fine on my desktop running the same OS - Pro 64-bit.

Thanks in advance...

jmack356, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

That is so cool that you made this program. I had it down to about two steps, using a paste of a text list. I had been doing clean installs of win 10 and this little program of yours is a lifesaver.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...tml#post509959

Jerry Delacruz, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

How to uninstall Maps app in Windows 10?

Unable to uninstall an app on Windows 10

Hello dayhiker4k,

First, I went ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate category, so no need to worry about that. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regarding your concern, I have listed below the most basic steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10 via settings. Try it out and see if it helps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

If the above step won't work, I suggest that you check with Webroot's support website for steps on how to completely uninstall their programs. Some anti-virus apps require certain permissions, or may have have different steps to perform in order to completely
    take it out of the system.

If you're still having trouble uninstalling the app, the last resort that I can share to you is to uninstall it using
    Command Prompt. Follow the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar from
    this link and let us know the outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

How to uninstall Maps app in Windows 10?

1. How to uninstall Maps app in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - uninstall Maps app

2. How to uninstall Google Maps Apps on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to uninstall Google Maps Apps on Windows 10?: I have installed the desktop version of Google Maps. After some time I have decided to uninstall it. I have tried to uninstall the software through the 'Uninstall Google Maps ...' bar in the menu button. But it does not work. I mean it just closes the program. When I check...
  3. windows 10 map app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 map app: Unable to see street view https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-map-app/f8a35a15-a22a-45cf-877b-ee6a42a5a99b
  4. How to uninstall Tips App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Tips App in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft offers a Get Started or Tips app which helps a new Windows user become aware of the operating system, and its features. However, this app is of no use for veteran users, and even if you uninstall, it doesn’t [...] This post How to uninstall Tips...
  5. How to uninstall Skype App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Skype App in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Skype is Microsoft’s in-house communication tool, which is used for voice calls, video calls, messaging, sharing screen, and at many other places. While it is still in Enterprise where Microsoft products have a significant presence, it is not popular among...
  6. How to uninstall Calculator App on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Calculator App on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 ships with many useful apps like the Calculator app. However, we rarely use the ones for which we already have better alternatives installed. Example, if you have a good Calculator app alternative installed, there’s no point in keeping [...] This...
  7. How to uninstall Weather App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Weather App in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Weather is one of the favorite topics to start a conversation with almost everyone. Windows 10 offers a preinstalled Weather app which offers local weather, forecast, temperature gradient, historical data, multiple locations, and so on. However, if you are...
  8. How to Change Windows 10 Default Maps App to Google Chrome Maps

How to Change Windows 10 Default Maps App to Google Chrome Maps: Does anyone know how to change the windows 10 maps default to Google maps? Please advise. Thanks ! :)) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-windows-10-default-maps-app-to/c19179c7-44db-4157-80c5-7c19f642030b
  9. How to fix Map App (Crashes on Windows 10)?

How to fix Map App (Crashes on Windows 10)?: I installed windows 10 Pro Version 1809. I wanted to set my default location but the Maps app crashes all the time. This is the detail in the log of the event viewer. Any idea how to solve this problem? Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date:...
  10. How to uninstall windows 10 mail app

in Browsers and Email
    How to uninstall windows 10 mail app: How do I uninstall windows 10 mail app. I think you use power shell but not sure of the commands. 23163

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove maps from win10 start menu

2. uninstall maps powershell