Windows 10: How to uninstall McAfee? Also what is Killer NetWork Service?

Discus and support How to uninstall McAfee? Also what is Killer NetWork Service? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m trying to uninstall McAfee, but the “uninstall” button is greyed out and it won’t let me uninstall it because of this. I try to end the McAfee... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Throwaway1dc, Dec 18, 2020.

1. How to uninstall McAfee? Also what is Killer NetWork Service?

I’m trying to uninstall McAfee, but the “uninstall” button is greyed out and it won’t let me uninstall it because of this.

I try to end the McAfee tasks in task manager, but it won’t let me.

Also what is Killer Network Service? I don’t remember installing it and it appears on my task manager.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Throwaway1dc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Throwaway1dc, Dec 18, 2020
  2. D_future Win User

After uninstalling McAfee, McAfee Service Controller and McAfee Validation Trust Protection Services are still running in 'Services'

Good Day,

I am unable to stop McAfee services in 'Services'.

Computer: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit.

In Control Panel all McAfee products are not seen (as were uninstalled).

Task Manager shows the following products existent (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC):

• McAfee Data Exchange Layer service
    • McAfee Management Service
    • McAfee Process Validation Service
    Anyone come across such and could provide clues?

Thanks and regards!

D_future, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Guide: Turn your Killer E2200 NIC into Qualcomm Atheros AR8161

Basically I right click on the Killer Network Adapter in Device manager > Uninstall > Check the box to DELETE driver for this device

Then you won't have a relevant network adapter listed. So you have to add a new device, and I just followed the instructions listed in this thread... does that help?

comfytoday, Dec 18, 2020
  4. GopherMan Win User

How to uninstall McAfee? Also what is Killer NetWork Service?

Win10 1803 Fail - Needs Non-Existant McAfee Uninstalled

Problem resolved. Don't ask my which one of these steps fixed it:
    - Ran both McAfee and Norton uninstall tools twice (reboot after each uninstall).
    - Found and removed all registry entries containing "McAfee", "Network Associates", "Norton", and "Symantec"
    - Found and removed all files/folders containing "McAfee", "Network Associates", "Norton", and "Symantec"
    I would be shocked (or would I?) if Windows Update was getting tripped up on some Norton artifact and reporting it was McAfee.
    But I did find that the Norton uninstall left a LOT of ...stuff... laying around. Not impressed.

GopherMan, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

How to uninstall McAfee? Also what is Killer NetWork Service?

1. How to uninstall McAfee? Also what is Killer NetWork Service? - Similar Threads - uninstall McAfee Killer

2. How do I uninstall Mcafee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall Mcafee: I have been using windows 11 for about a year and I am just so fed up with Mcafee. I cannot find a way to uninstall it and it keeps changing my browser to **** yahoo. Mcafee is the **** "anti-virus software" ever, I just want to burn it. How do I uninstall it....
  3. How do I uninstall Mcafee

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I uninstall Mcafee: I have been using windows 11 for about a year and I am just so fed up with Mcafee. I cannot find a way to uninstall it and it keeps changing my browser to **** yahoo. Mcafee is the **** "anti-virus software" ever, I just want to burn it. How do I uninstall it....
  4. Uninstall Killer Network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall Killer Network?: Few days ago, I uninstalled Killer Performance Suite from Control Panel as it was taking memory running in background for no reason. Now it came back from windows update, and it is not even there in Control Panel so I can uninstall it.Also, it is showing this is installed in...
  5. Uninstall Killer Network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Killer Network?: Few days ago, I uninstalled Killer Performance Suite from Control Panel as it was taking memory running in background for no reason. Now it came back from windows update, and it is not even there in Control Panel so I can uninstall it.Also, it is showing this is installed in...
  6. Killer Network Service 16

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Killer Network Service 16: - <xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event "> - <> <='" /> <="0"=16=lt/ID> <+0= lt;/> <=2= lt;/> <=2= lt;/> <>0=/> <=0x80000000000000=lt;/> <="2021-03-20T063232.7713142Z" /> < ID=10966=lt;/ID > < /> <="0"="0 " /> <gt;>...
  7. mcafee uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    mcafee uninstall: I reset my windows 10 laptop. I deselected the option to install mcafee security. yet It got installed. now I m trying touninstall it but unsuccessful. plz provide solution...
  8. How to Uninstall McAfee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Uninstall McAfee: I want to delete all of McAfee from my computer. How do I do that? [Original Title: McAfee] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-mcafee/37edc497-3cc5-44a6-a839-18aaae7eb203
  9. Uninstall McAfee

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall McAfee: I tried to uninstall the App via Settings, as well as via the Uninstall Programs on the Control Panel. No success at all - the response is: Navigation to web page was cancelled. I can't refresh the page. The only way to get out is to Close Window on the Taskbar...
  10. Uninstalling McAfee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstalling McAfee: I need to update Windows and in order to do that I need to uninstall McAfee. I tried using the default uninstall provided by Windows but it said I could not uninstall as other programs were using McAfee Agent. I then tried using the MCPR which seems to have worked for most...