Windows 10: How to uninstall MS Office 2019 when it's a "ghost" on my desktop

Discus and support How to uninstall MS Office 2019 when it's a "ghost" on my desktop in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Last Year my desktop PC crashed smack in the middle of Covid Lockdown. It was built 11 years ago by a friend. I am not very cluey on the software side... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Lucygrasshopper, Aug 4, 2021.

1. How to uninstall MS Office 2019 when it's a "ghost" on my desktop

Last Year my desktop PC crashed smack in the middle of Covid Lockdown. It was built 11 years ago by a friend. I am not very cluey on the software side of things. After the crash, the computer was upgraded and modernised for me. I now have Windows 10. Version 21HI (OS build 19043.1151) During the fixing of my computer an MS Office Professional Plus 2019 was installed. The numbers were 15.0.143001.20384. I have no idea what those numbers mean. Long story short. The MS Office 2019 didnt work for me from day one. I Installed an old 2007 MS Office enterprise. It plays up a bit but is still serviceable. To this end I decided to purchase MS Office 2016. I got the Key and downloaded it. It is sitting on my desktop awaiting installation. I get an error 30015-25 (1006). Obviously a conflict and no matter what I do, I cant uninstall the MS Office 2019 One solution I found was to reinstall Office 2019, then delete it! It seemed illogical to me to re-install it then delete it. If it was that easy and usable, I would not have purchased MS Office 2016. I dont have a Key, and there does not seem to be a Key for it. Its a ghost, sitting there, stopping me from doing anything with it and stopping me from installing MS Office 2016 If it went on my desktop, then it must come off somehow. I have no idea how to do it. Age is a problem in both instances, myself and the Tech who fixed it for me hes wandering a bit, thus age and this program both have their limitations. We are both in our 80s. Is there any help out there to uninstall/get rid of the MS Office 2019 . Any ideas. - Lucy

:)

Lucygrasshopper, Aug 4, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Aug 4, 2021
  3. How to uninstall MS Office 2019 when it's a "ghost" on my desktop

Last Year my desktop PC crashed smack in the middle of Covid Lockdown.

It was built 11 years ago by a friend. I am not very cluey on the software side of things. After the crash, the computer was upgraded and modernised for me. I now have Windows 10. Version 21HI (OS build 19043.1151)

During the fixing of my computer an MS Office Professional Plus 2019 was installed. The numbers were 15.0.143001.20384. I have no idea what those numbers mean.

Long story short. The MS Office 2019 didn’t work for me from day one. I Installed an old 2007 MS Office enterprise. It plays up a bit but is still serviceable. To this end I decided to purchase MS Office 2016. I got the Key and downloaded it. It is sitting on my desktop awaiting installation.

I get an error 30015-25 (1006). Obviously a conflict and no matter what I do, I can’t uninstall the MS Office 2019

One solution I found was to reinstall Office 2019, then delete it! It seemed illogical to me to re-install it then delete it. If it was that easy – and usable, I would not have purchased MS Office 2016. I don’t have a Key, and there does not seem to be a Key for it. It’s a ghost, sitting there, stopping me from doing anything with it and stopping me from installing MS Office 2016

If it went on my desktop, then it must come off – somehow. I have no idea how to do it.

Age is a problem in both instances, myself and the Tech who fixed it for me – he’s “wandering” a bit, thus age and this program both have their limitations. We are both in our 80s.

Is there any help out there to uninstall/get rid of the MS Office 2019 .
    Any ideas. - Lucy

Lucygrasshopper, Aug 4, 2021
  4. MisterEd Win User

How to uninstall MS Office 2019 when it's a "ghost" on my desktop

Problem Activating Office 2019

You can save a few steps and do this

1. Go to this page: Microsoft 365
    2. Log in with your Microsoft account
    3. Enter your Office product key
    4. Use the link given to download Office 2019
    5. install Office 2019
    I used this method for both of my copies of Office 2019

BTW, Microsoft Toolkit 2.71 says this:
    Product Description: Office19_ProPlus2019MSDNR_Retail

MisterEd, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

How to uninstall MS Office 2019 when it's a "ghost" on my desktop

1. How to uninstall MS Office 2019 when it's a "ghost" on my desktop - Similar Threads - uninstall Office 2019

2. Uninstalling MS Office 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling MS Office 2016: While doing a manual uninstall of MS Office 2016, one of the steps talks about a folder "MSOCache" being in the root folder of my hard drive. I did not see such a folder on my hard drive. Should the folder be there if OFFICE were still installed/buried somewhere in the...
  3. MS Office Home and Student 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office Home and Student 2019: Because Word had a odd look to the icon, I ran the trouble shooter. Other users told me their 2016 and 2019 Word also looked like mine - very different from any other desktop icons. The troubleshooter found that Word was incompatible and fixed it. Is this an issue that should...
  4. Download MS Office 2019 Pending

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download MS Office 2019 Pending: Hi, My product for MS Office is 2016 Professional Plus. Recently, i want to update/reinstall to MS Office 2019 Professional Plus but it said download pending and it's been awhile i haven't received the update/download. Kindly please explain the situation and how to solve...
  5. MS Office Home and Student 2019

MS Office Home and Student 2019: Because Word had a odd look to the icon, I ran the trouble shooter. Other users told me their 2016 and 2019 Word also looked like mine - very different from any other desktop icons.<br><u>The troubleshooter found that Word was incompatible and fixed it.<br></u>Is this an...
  6. MS Office Home and Student 2019

MS Office Home and Student 2019: Because Word had a odd look to the icon, I ran the trouble shooter. Other users told me their 2016 and 2019 Word also looked like mine - very different from any other desktop icons. The troubleshooter found that Word was incompatible and fixed it. Is this an issue that should...
  7. MS Office Home and Business 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Office Home and Business 2019: Hi, Had problems with Word - kept crashing when trying to insert images. Tried a few ideas to repair but ended up with Error Code 0x0000142. Used MS Support and Recovery Assistant which removed Office. I now need to reinstall it! Grateful for help. Brian Mott...
  8. purchasing of windows 10 and MS office 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    purchasing of windows 10 and MS office 2019: Hi \ i wish to purchase 10 x windows 10 and MS office through GeM portal . plz give the contact of your partners or authorized dealers at Tezpur/guwahati Assam....
  9. MS Office Online issues 23 Sept 2019 Office

in Windows 10 News
    MS Office Online issues 23 Sept 2019 Office: Reports of emails not being sent and other issues with the online components of Office 365 Office 365 down? Current problems and outages | Downdetector 141053
  10. Outlook (MS Office 2019) printing

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook (MS Office 2019) printing: Hello I am using Outlook (MS Office 2019). As the responses to an email progress, the text of each previous response shifts to the right (see image below). This makes it very difficult to read the original message. I "Recall" this email, "selected all" text, open "paragraph...