Windows 10: How to uninstall or permanently disable on screen keyboard on Windows 10?

Discus and support How to uninstall or permanently disable on screen keyboard on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I recently bought a drawing tablet and installed it's driver. Since then, the on screen keyboard pops up every, single, time, I log in. I know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NamelessHill, Jun 15, 2021.

1. How to uninstall or permanently disable on screen keyboard on Windows 10?

Hello. I recently bought a drawing tablet and installed it's driver. Since then, the on screen keyboard pops up every, single, time, I log in. I know It has to do with the driver, because I reinstalled it and the issue dissapeared once I got rid of it. The tablet's program doesn't have a setting that can get rid of the keyboard. I tried everything. I went into the control panel and unchecked the ''use on screen keyboard''. I did it in setting too throught accessibility. I don't know what to do! Is there a way of disabling the keyboard or better yet, get rid of it permanently?

:)

NamelessHill, Jun 15, 2021

2. Uninstalling or permanently disabling the on-screen keyboard in Windows 10

Hi Antone,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Before we disable the On-screen keyboard, I would like to inform you that on-screen keyboard is a useful features. It can be used when the actual keyboard is not working properly.

However, if you want to remove the on-screen keyboard try the simple steps and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press
      Enter.

• Locate for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Service,
      right click on the service and stop the service.

• Right click on the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Service
      again and select Properties.

• On general tab, click on Startup and select disabled.

• Click on Apply and Ok.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 15, 2021
  3. how do I disable on screen keyboard in windows 10 ?

This does NOT work as there is no option to disable the virtual keyboard in Ease of Access

Windows 10 Pro

Build no: 10586.1007

Ver: 1511

This **** VIRTUAL KEYBOARD is a major pain in the ass!

Is there a registry edit that can kill it, PERMANENTLY

Thank You (I hope)

DavidSheedy, Jun 15, 2021
  4. How to uninstall or permanently disable on screen keyboard on Windows 10?

Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

How to uninstall or permanently disable on screen keyboard on Windows 10?

1. How to uninstall or permanently disable on screen keyboard on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - uninstall permanently disable

2. How to Disable Windows Update on Windows 10 Permanently?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Disable Windows Update on Windows 10 Permanently?: Can anyone give me tips how to disable windows update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-windows-update-on-windows-10/fd04e18f-dc61-4064-97f8-5776d88e58de
  3. How to Disable Windows Update on Windows 10 Permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable Windows Update on Windows 10 Permanently?: Can anyone give me tips how to disable windows update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-windows-update-on-windows-10/fd04e18f-dc61-4064-97f8-5776d88e58de
  4. How to Disable Windows Update on Windows 10 Permanently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I permanently disable my laptops keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I permanently disable my laptops keyboard?: I spilled something on my laptop’s keyboard a while ago and it stopped working, but now it presses the 1 and Tab key on its own and I can’t get it to stop, even when I connect an external keyboard to it. I’ve tried uninstalling the keyboard but it keeps reinstalling when I...
  6. Permanently disable on screen keyboard in windows 10!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently disable on screen keyboard in windows 10!: Hi. There are users still experiencing the annoying on-screen keyboard pop-up. Not to be confused with the Touch Keyboard! I had this issue too and tried all advice I could find to no avail! At login it popped up, running apps as administrator - the same! I had this problem...
  7. Permanently disable on screen keyboard in windows 10!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently disable on screen keyboard in windows 10!: Hi. There are users still experiencing the annoying on-screen keyboard pop-up. Not to be confused with the Touch Keyboard! I had this issue too and tried all advice I could find to no avail! At login it popped up, running apps as administrator - the same! I had this problem...
  8. Permanent Keyboard and Mouse Disables

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permanent Keyboard and Mouse Disables: This issue has started happening around ~6 months ago. I have found no other mention of what I'm describing. I will describe it as best as I can: Whilst randomly using my computer, if I'm just browsing the web, playing games, and not doing much, after my PC's been running...
  9. Permanently Disable Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Permanently Disable Lock Screen: I got a new laptop and it had some undesired behavior: After 5 minutes of being left unattended it returns to the lock screen where I have to sign in again. I cannot watch movies or anything else because the unattended pc goes to the lock screen after 5 minutes. I...
  10. Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.: I would like to know how to fully disable updates for windows 10. Not partially, not some arbitrary percentage, but COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY! I'm tired of having these updates crammed down my throat without even having a choice in the matter. I'm fully aware that this...