Windows 10: How to uninstall Photos App on Windows 10

Discus and support How to uninstall Photos App on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There may be a reason you may want to uninstall the built-in Windows 10 Photos app installed on your PC. But if you open Settings >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 2, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to uninstall Photos App on Windows 10

How to uninstall Photos App on Windows 10 OO-AppBuster-100x100.png
    How to uninstall Photos App on Windows 10 OO-AppBuster-150x112.png There may be a reason you may want to uninstall the built-in Windows 10 Photos app installed on your PC. But if you open Settings > Apps, you will find that the option to uninstall is grayed out. While we [...]

This post How to uninstall Photos App on Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

How to disable/uninstall the Photo app in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

We cannot disable Photos app on windows 10. However, we can uninstall the app and when you require the app you can download it through Windows Store.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app.

• Type Power Shell in the Search bar,
      right-click on Windows PowerShell and click on
      Run as administrator

• Type the following commands, press Enter
      key after each command, in the given order.
    1. Get-AppxPackage

(This will view all the apps installed in your account.)

2. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers

(This will view all Windows apps installed in the computer.)

3. Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Remove-AppxPackage

(This will remove/uninstall the Photo app.)

• Restart the system and check.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jun 2, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 2, 2019
  4. How to uninstall Photos App on Windows 10

Windows 10 Photos App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.

Method 2:
    I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

How to uninstall Photos App on Windows 10

1. How to uninstall Photos App on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - uninstall Photos App

2. how to uninstall photos app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to uninstall photos app?: how do you uninstall photos app. uninstall button is grayed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-photos-app/4a0626d7-9657-4028-9fec-e629d20a382f
  3. how to uninstall photos app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to uninstall photos app?: how do you uninstall photos app. uninstall button is grayed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-photos-app/4a0626d7-9657-4028-9fec-e629d20a382f
  4. How to uninstall Maps app in Windows 10?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to uninstall Maps app in Windows 10?: I tried this: 1. Press Windows Key + Q, and in the search box, type...
  5. How to uninstall Tips App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Tips App in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft offers a Get Started or Tips app which helps a new Windows user become aware of the operating system, and its features. However, this app is of no use for veteran users, and even if you uninstall, it doesn’t [...] This post How to uninstall Tips...
  6. How to uninstall Skype App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Skype App in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Skype is Microsoft’s in-house communication tool, which is used for voice calls, video calls, messaging, sharing screen, and at many other places. While it is still in Enterprise where Microsoft products have a significant presence, it is not popular among...
  7. How to Uninstall Photos App

How to Uninstall Photos App: I'm trying to uninstall the Photos App. Add Remove Programs does not give me the options to Uninstall. Here is a screenshot: [ATTACH] I select 'Advanced options'. I've selected 'Terminate', 'Repair', and 'Reset'. I get check marks for Repair and Reset. The Uninstall...
  8. How to uninstall Calculator App on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Calculator App on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 ships with many useful apps like the Calculator app. However, we rarely use the ones for which we already have better alternatives installed. Example, if you have a good Calculator app alternative installed, there’s no point in keeping [...] This...
  9. Uninstall Photos Push-App?

Uninstall Photos Push-App?: 1) Connected a media SD to PC & was astounded as M$ force-installed Photos App - without any prior request/permission!? 2) Read reviews & decided to Uninstall this (>250Mb) App 3) Found App listed once (1 time only) in Uninstall/Change Programs & was amazed to find...
  10. Window 10 Photos App will not uninstall

Window 10 Photos App will not uninstall: When I try to uninstall Windows 10 "Photos" App (which takes over to open all photos and makes difficult opening photos with another app) it will not uninstall. (The "Uninstall" button is disabled.) Any ideas out there? 37147