Windows 10: How to uninstall unwanted and inappropriate applications installed by Microsoft Store

Discus and support How to uninstall unwanted and inappropriate applications installed by Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One blight of windows 10 is the way the Microsoft Store keeps installing unwanted, un-needed and inappropriate applications on my machines. Today it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GregoryLatiak, Dec 9, 2018.

1. How to uninstall unwanted and inappropriate applications installed by Microsoft Store

One blight of windows 10 is the way the Microsoft Store keeps installing unwanted, un-needed and inappropriate applications on my machines. Today it was the Local Experience Pack for the UK -- I am in Canada, by the way. I notice that this cannot be uninstalled and that I can only 'manage' it. And when I look at the list of installed applications on the Store I see others that I have 'ordered' -- like the various 'Candy Crush' games. I do not play games on my machines -- these are work tools and have small, high performance SSDs that were not sized for an unending stream of useless bloatware.

In a way this is more egregious that the window that pops up saying a feature update has been applied to my system -- would I like to reboot NOW! These installations are always accompanied by various failures so they are in no way transparent. My friends with the Home version recount that their machines are rebooted for these installs while they are doing work -- at least with a domain connected pro machine I get asked, but not about starting the install. Be nice to have release notes telling what got changed instead of just wiping out the user settings and forcing the user to find out the hard way what else no longer works.

Overall, WIndows 10 has many good things but this cavalier abuse of the user is a powerful negative -- there needs to be some mechanism for the user to control what is installed on their machine and to remove anything inappropriate. If that exists now, letting customers know about it would be a good step. And no, registry hacks are not appropriate.

:)

GregoryLatiak, Dec 9, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Vijay Win User
    Restore Microsoft Store application in Windows 10

After multiple attempts, I managed to get Store open by enabling Developer mode (as suggested by one of the posters here) and running the command "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" in Powershell. Not sure if is exactly the solution since I've tried different steps suggested by different users in different forums (including uninstalling Store separately) but hey, I am not complaining!

Vijay, Dec 9, 2018
  4. How to uninstall unwanted and inappropriate applications installed by Microsoft Store

Microsoft Store > Apps > iMobContact > version problem

Hello Yann,

Thank you for the reply.

I suggest you to follow below mentioned steps and see if that helps.

Step 1: Check updates in Microsoft store:

1. Open Microsoft store.
    2. Top right hand corner select ‘Downloads and updates’.
    3. Click on updates for ‘IMob contact’.
    4. Once all the updates installed, restart the computer.

Step 2: Uninstall the application using PowerShell command.

1. Click on ‘Start button’ and type ‘PowerShell’.
    2. Right click on ‘PowerShell’ and select as ‘Run as administrator’.
    3. Once you see a ‘PowerShell Window’, copy paste the below mentioned command line:
    Get-AppxPackage *Imob* | Remove-AppxPackage

1. IMob application will be uninstalled successfully.
    2. Restart the computer to effect the settings.

Note: If the package full name is too long, you may use wildcard selectors to uninstall any application found in the wildcard.

For example: Get-AppxPackage *officehub* | Remove-AppxPackage

Step 3: Once after following
    step 2, try to download the 'IMob contact' application from store and see if that helps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

How to uninstall unwanted and inappropriate applications installed by Microsoft Store

1. How to uninstall unwanted and inappropriate applications installed by Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - uninstall unwanted inappropriate

2. Unwanted / inappropriate NVidia update installed by update client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted / inappropriate NVidia update installed by update client: Unaccountably, an NVidia update was install on my AMD workstation. This system has 4 Firepro S9xxx co-processors. There are no NVidia cards. There is onboard graphics on the Supermicro S8DT6 motherboard but it is not NVidia. The NVidia update is not listed in the uninstall...
  3. Unwanted / inappropriate NVidia update installed by update client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted / inappropriate NVidia update installed by update client: Unaccountably, an NVidia update was install on my AMD workstation. This system has 4 Firepro S9xxx co-processors. There are no NVidia cards. There is onboard graphics on the Supermicro S8DT6 motherboard but it is not NVidia. The NVidia update is not listed in the uninstall...
  4. Unwanted / inappropriate NVidia update installed by update client

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft Store Application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft Store Application: Hello everyone!My computer was running slow than usual. I searched some solutions on internet an I found something called toolbox. Then day later i tried to open microsoft store but it wasn`t showing in search. I found out that it was a malware and immediately removed it. Now...
  6. Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft Store Application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft Store Application: Hello everyone!My computer was running slow than usual. I searched some solutions on internet an I found something called toolbox. Then day later i tried to open microsoft store but it wasn`t showing in search. I found out that it was a malware and immediately removed it. Now...
  7. Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft Store Application

8. Uninstalling unwanted applications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstalling unwanted applications: Hello my name is Hugh and I am facing some issues when I uninstalled a program from my Windows 10 desktop. I uninstalled utorrent but I still have the program in my task manager on the startup page. If anyone can help me get rid of it completely then it will be much...
  9. Uninstalling Unwanted or Unused Windows Components & Applications

Uninstalling Unwanted or Unused Windows Components & Applications: Hi, I hope this is in the right place (admin feel free to move if not) but wanted to get some opinions about the following: 1. I know there is now an option to remove Internet Explorer in Windows 10; is it needed, recommended etc.? 2. I do not use nor do I intend using...
  10. Uninstalling Unwanted or Unused Windows Components & Applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalling Unwanted or Unused Windows Components & Applications: Hi, I hope this is in the right place (admin feel free to move if not) but wanted to get some opinions about the following: 1. I know there is now an option to remove Internet Explorer in Windows 10; is it needed, recommended etc.? 2. I do not use nor do I intend using...