Windows 10: How to uninstall windows 10 without losing ownership

Discus and support How to uninstall windows 10 without losing ownership in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there, introduction: So, I've bought a SSD recently, and I wanted to use it instead of my current HDD which Windows 10 is currently installed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CarlosHenrique Ritzmann, Jan 29, 2020.

1. How to uninstall windows 10 without losing ownership

Hi there,

introduction:

So, I've bought a SSD recently, and I wanted to use it instead of my current HDD which Windows 10 is currently installed and working perfectly fine, because it's faster, etc, etc. There is nothing installed on my SSD it's still in the box, literally.

Right now, I'm unsure if I really want to transfer the Windows 10 itself, or just install Linux on it I have dual-boot, so I am still deciding what to do. Even if I really like to use Windows for work and for games, there are many programs that I use, that only work on Linux and using a virtual box is much slower than using the real thing, and sometimes it doesn't even work this way.

So..

why i want to do this:

As a friend of mine said that if I format my HDD with Windows 10 inside even after uninstalling or not, I will lose all the rights of using that Win 10 copy ever again.

That is very obvious, as there is no way you can go and say: "Hey, but I HAD a Win 10 copy, it just doesn't exist anymore.." to Microsoft and get it back.

I know I should just not format my HDD, but I really wanted to use it as an external data storage.

main question:

So, what should I do? If I uninstall my Windows 10 from my HDD, is there a way to "keep my rights" somehow, or "store" them inside an USB or something?

Like, if I uninstalled my Windows 10 from my HDD right now, what files would remain there, which would tell that it was an original Win 10 copy?

Thanks, CarlosHR.

:)

CarlosHenrique Ritzmann, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Octopuss Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I kind of solved it myself. I can't be arsed with uninstalling this or that, so I just took ownership of c:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\ and then deleted everything related to gwx in Task scheduler. That should effectively block it.
    Now I just need to find list of IP addresses to block that are related to all possible telemetry garbage and similar stuff.

Octopuss, Jan 29, 2020
  4. How to uninstall windows 10 without losing ownership

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused How to uninstall windows 10 without losing ownership :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

How to uninstall windows 10 without losing ownership

1. How to uninstall windows 10 without losing ownership - Similar Threads - uninstall without losing

2. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??: my pc had a problem where the screen is blank and theres a blinking underscore on the top left corner, i thought its temporary until i learnt its a bigger problem, they say to reinstall windows 10 so i tried with a bootable usb, but the upgrade option is not available because...
  3. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??: my pc had a problem where the screen is blank and theres a blinking underscore on the top left corner, i thought its temporary until i learnt its a bigger problem, they say to reinstall windows 10 so i tried with a bootable usb, but the upgrade option is not available because...
  4. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to transfer windows ownership without resetting the pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer windows ownership without resetting the pc: I want to sell my Alienware m17 r4 laptop. I dont want to reset the pc because all is working now. I have reset it in the past and after the reset I had problems with sound, and the battery charging, and the cpu locked on base speed. Also was loss of some alienware drivers. I...
  6. How to transfer windows ownership without resetting the pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer windows ownership without resetting the pc: I want to sell my Alienware m17 r4 laptop. I dont want to reset the pc because all is working now. I have reset it in the past and after the reset I had problems with sound, and the battery charging, and the cpu locked on base speed. Also was loss of some alienware drivers. I...
  7. How to transfer windows ownership without resetting the pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Uninstalling Windows 10 without losing license key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Uninstalling Windows 10 without losing license key: I would like to uninstall my current Windows 10 installation because I need to use Linux for a project but I plan to come back to Windows. If possible, I would like to avoid dual boot. So, I guess the optimal solution would be to just keep the license key and eventually...
  9. How to Repair windows 10 Without Losing Data

How to Repair windows 10 Without Losing Data: hi If you have any issues width your windows 10 and If you can't fix it, you can repair or upgrade it, for this How to repair or upgrade Windows 10 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-2dOJo2IBQ Take easy kind regards...
  10. How to factory reset without losing windows 10?

How to factory reset without losing windows 10?: I have factory reset once before with windows 10 and it let me keep windows 10 when I did it. But now I want to do it again but it is showing me a notice that if i reset, I will go back to windows 7. Is there a way I can factory reset my pc while still keeping windows 10?...