Windows 10: How to uninstall windows updates using safe mode with command prompt

Discus and support How to uninstall windows updates using safe mode with command prompt in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; c:\dism /image:C:\ /get-packages displayed error 87 The /image option that is specified points to a running windows installation. To service the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zbook, Dec 30, 2019.

1. zbook Win User

How to uninstall windows updates using safe mode with command prompt

c:\dism /image:C:\ /get-packages
    displayed error 87

The /image option that is specified points to a running windows installation.
    To service the running operating system, use the /online option

C:\windows\logs\windowsupdate displayed 5 ending with .etl

System info and dxdiag displayed 2 KB# that I would like to uninstall as a troubleshooting step.

Dism /Image*Biggrin:\ /Get-Packages
    dism.exe /image:d:\ /remove-package /packagenameHow to uninstall windows updates using safe mode with command prompt :package_for_KB4014329~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.1.0

What command can be used with safe mode with command prompt?
    Does it need to be done with command prompt?

How do you get the full KB information for the package name?

:)

zbook, Dec 30, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Dec 30, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Dec 30, 2019
  4. How to uninstall windows updates using safe mode with command prompt

safe mode command prompt windows 10

how can i oopen safe mode with command prompt in windows 10. i am trying to disable a built in app and i was told to do this as one of the steps

joedavispnj, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

How to uninstall windows updates using safe mode with command prompt

1. How to uninstall windows updates using safe mode with command prompt - Similar Threads - uninstall updates using

2. Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.: I had the problem of the user not loading during startup so i booted my pc on safe mode with command prompt and when i opened it i put the command and naturally closed the command prompt, there is a black screen and there i nothing i can do, its a laptop Haier Y11b to be...
  3. Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.: I had the problem of the user not loading during startup so i booted my pc on safe mode with command prompt and when i opened it i put the command and naturally closed the command prompt, there is a black screen and there i nothing i can do, its a laptop Haier Y11b to be...
  4. Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Enable safe mode with command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable safe mode with command prompt: My windows 10 account will not allow me to sign in. The password is correct and my keyboard is not the problem. When I go to troubleshooting and select they key for enable safe mode with command prompt, my pc restarts but the command prompt does not come up. When my pc loads...
  6. Enable safe mode with command prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Enable safe mode with command prompt: My windows 10 account will not allow me to sign in. The password is correct and my keyboard is not the problem. When I go to troubleshooting and select they key for enable safe mode with command prompt, my pc restarts but the command prompt does not come up. When my pc loads...
  7. Enable safe mode with command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows XP Safe mode with Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows XP Safe mode with Command Prompt: I have a Fujitsu p1630 2008 model. I have never loaded any external programmes on to it and it has only ever had me as a user. Not used for a while. Keyed in my user password incorrectly a few times. My user name changed to Administrator for which i do not have a password. I...
  9. How to exit Command Prompt in Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to exit Command Prompt in Safe Mode?: I forgotten the password and got stuck in Command Prompt in Safe Mode. How can I get out the Command Prompt to go back to Troubleshoot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-exit-command-prompt-in-safe-mode/f92f8ea4-ef74-46f9-ba61-e7e86ff62ca5
  10. Safe mode command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe mode command prompt: How to leave the command prompt area in password and which password is required in that portion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-command-prompt/d638cfbb-e2a9-4ea7-8522-8ce7edb31635