Windows 10: How to uninstall Xbox app?

Discus and support How to uninstall Xbox app? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to uninstall Xbox app from my deice running Windows 10. Recommend how. Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amanda Marshal, Mar 15, 2019.

1. How to uninstall Xbox app?

I want to uninstall Xbox app from my deice running Windows 10. Recommend how. Thanks!

:)

Amanda Marshal, Mar 15, 2019

2. Want to UNINSTALL XBox

Hi Kristi,

Xbox App is one of the built-in applications on Windows 10. To uninstall it from your computer, you have to perform the following steps using the Windows PowerShell:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    •  Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.  

If you are unable to uninstall the app, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache and try to uninstall the Xbox app again.

Here's how to reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Want to UNINSTALL XBox

I done the uninstall procedure per your instruction, but it did not work. The uninstall button for both X-Box apps,are greyed out.They show advanced,but when you click it,it shows a reset button this does not uninstall.Please Help?

Robert Bilderback, Mar 15, 2019
  4. How to uninstall Xbox app?

XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

Hi Kellon,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app on your computer and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Xbox app, I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Xbox
    app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8

If you are still facing an issue with Xbox app, I suggest you to contact the Xbox support team and check.

You may refer the following link to post your query on Xbox forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

How to uninstall Xbox app?

1. How to uninstall Xbox app? - Similar Threads - uninstall Xbox app

2. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  3. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  4. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to Uninstall Xbox Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Uninstall Xbox Apps: I have a Lenovo Flex 14 laptop with Windows 10 and am unable to uninstall the Xbox apps which I desire to do because I don't use them I don't even own an Xbox and need to free up the space. I'm aware that Windows deliberately prevents traditional uninstalling because it's a...
  6. Unable to Uninstall Xbox Apps

Unable to Uninstall Xbox Apps: I have a Lenovo Flex 14 laptop with Windows 10 and am unable to uninstall the Xbox apps which I desire to do because I don't use them I don't even own an Xbox and need to free up the space. I'm aware that Windows deliberately prevents traditional uninstalling because it's a...
  7. How to uninstall Xbox App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Xbox App in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you install Windows 10, there are few Microsoft apps which are either provisioned or installed as part of the OS. They might not be useful, but Microsoft recommends some essential apps like the Calculator to be available when you [...] This post How to...
  8. Uninstalling Xbox app on Windows 10

Uninstalling Xbox app on Windows 10: How do I delete Xbox app from Windows 10? ***Original title: How do I delete Xbox?*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-xbox-app-on-windows-10/d201c0fb-d9c3-403d-8bbe-008d5cdf42f3
  9. how to uninstall xbox

how to uninstall xbox: How do I uninstall XBOX on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/how-to-uninstall-xbox/d7043fd5-e170-4447-86f4-bc067cc2ff4b
  10. Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps: How to: Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps How to Uninstall Games and Apps on Xbox One [img] Information The Xbox One is equipped with a 500 GB or 1 TB internal hard drive depending on which console you purchased. Most of this space is available for storing games and...