Windows 10: How to unlink a product key from the Microsoft account

Discus and support How to unlink a product key from the Microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi folks, I have bought a PC that came without an OS and a copy of Windows license separately. At some point I have read that to help ease... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Garry Filakhtov, Jun 9, 2019.

1. How to unlink a product key from the Microsoft account

Hi folks,

I have bought a PC that came without an OS and a copy of Windows license separately.

At some point I have read that to help ease activation process when changing hardware and reinstalling it is preferable to link a product key to the Microsoft account, and so I did.

Now, I would like to unlink the key and delete my Microsoft account (for privacy reasons), but I want to keep activating and using the license with my PC, and move it to a new hardware in case of an upgrade, so I can use Windows with local accounts and avoid touching a Microsoft account.

How can I achieve this? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Garry

:)

Garry Filakhtov, Jun 9, 2019

2. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jun 9, 2019
  3. How do I unlink my Microsoft Account from Local Accunt?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

• What do you mean when you say "How do I unlink my Microsoft account from Local account in Windows 10?
      " ?
    Microsoft account and local account are two different things.

I would suggest you to create another local account and check.

• Press windows key + X key and select Control panel.
    • In Control panel select User Account.
    • In user Account Click on Manage another account.
    • Click on Add a new user in PC settings.
    • Click Add someone else to this PC.
    • Click on The person I want add doesn't have an email address.
    Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

How to unlink a product key from the Microsoft account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

How to unlink a product key from the Microsoft account

1. How to unlink a product key from the Microsoft account - Similar Threads - unlink product key

2. How to unlink game from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlink game from Microsoft account: On the side panel of Microsoft Edge there is a games button, and some of the games there give the option for you to link it to your Microsoft account. I accidentally pressed something that linked a game to my account, how do I undo this action? I have not installed any of the...
  3. How to unlink game from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlink game from Microsoft account: On the side panel of Microsoft Edge there is a games button, and some of the games there give the option for you to link it to your Microsoft account. I accidentally pressed something that linked a game to my account, how do I undo this action? I have not installed any of the...
  4. Unlinking Microsoft Account from PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlinking Microsoft Account from PC: Hi all, If I unlink my Microsoft account from my PC will I lose any data from my user account?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlinking-microsoft-account-from-pc/db2e4c13-9130-4b30-a60d-9207c916f476
  5. how to unlink windows activation key from a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to unlink windows activation key from a microsoft account: My microsoft is currently linked to 2 windows activation keys and I want to unlink one of them as I want to change my windows ssd. What shall I do to unlink the one of the windows activation key from my microsoft account?...
  6. How to unlink a Microsoft account from Local windows account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to unlink a Microsoft account from Local windows account?: I have a work pc with windows 10. There is no domain but my local account is associated with my work O365 profile. A LOT of stuff is installed and configured under my current account which is an administrator. So I cant delete my account or reinstall windows. I needed to...
  7. Unlink Microsoft Account from Local Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlink Microsoft Account from Local Account: I have been using my computer without a linked Microsoft account on the main local account (this one has different settings compared to any other accounts I create) and I recently signed into a Microsoft app (specifically the Xbox app) to be able to use the game bar. This...
  8. How to remove a product key from your Microsoft account?

How to remove a product key from your Microsoft account?: I found a product key online and I decided to put it on my computer. I then linked it to my Microsoft account and now I want to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-a-product-key-from-your-microsoft/0774389d-d36f-4b55-9556-6f6832a0b6fe"
  9. Unlinking Windows Key on Microsoft Account

Unlinking Windows Key on Microsoft Account: I logged a Microsoft Account into Windows 10 for the first time and it automatically linked my account (this email I'm posting with) to my Windows key. The problem is I'm using Windows 10 Education from my university and I want to link my Win10 to that email instead. Is there...
  10. HOW TO UNLINK MICROSOFT ACCOUNT??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    HOW TO UNLINK MICROSOFT ACCOUNT??: I was trying to fix something with my pc game and I went in to the xbox app and signed in on my computer for the first time. it then said it would link this to my whole computer and because this was my old xbox account it was family restricted. now I cant do anything and my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove digital license windows account

2. remove product key from microsoft account

3. unlink product key from microsoft account

4. how to unlink a windows key,
  5. microsof unlink product key from account,
  6. unlink product key,
  7. how to unlink windows 10 key,
  8. microsoft account unlink activation key,
  9. unlink microsoft account windows 10 license,
  10. disconnect windows product key with microsoft account,
  11. unlink activation fromaccount,