Windows 10: How to unlink combine contacts in People app

Discus and support How to unlink combine contacts in People app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem with the People app. It started when I added a new contact to this app and was recommended to combine this contact with another. I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Casey Jay1, Mar 24, 2019.

1. How to unlink combine contacts in People app

I have a problem with the People app. It started when I added a new contact to this app and was recommended to combine this contact with another. I did it and combined the contact with another on my list. Currently I have all the telephone numbers together confused and I am unable to find the proper one. Please help me to unlink these combined contacts?

:)

Casey Jay1, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Unlink combined contacts - People app

Hi Ninaco,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

The People app is your address book. Combine contacts is a feature to link duplicates to a single contact to avoid confusion. To overcome the issue you’re facing, I suggest you to try the steps listed below:

Method 1

Unlink Contacts:

• Open People app, click on the contact that is linked, and select
      See More on the right pane.
    • Click on Separate for the contact you want to unlink.

Method 2

Reset People app:

If you’ve multiple contacts that are linked, resetting People app would unlink contacts and put everything in place.

• Exit People app, if open.
    • Open Settings and click on Apps.
    • Locate People app on the right pane and choose
      Advanced Options.
    • Click on Reset.

Once reset is complete, open People app to see if the contacts are still linked.

For more information regarding People app, refer People app help

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Ninaco Win User
    Unlink combined contacts - People app

I have just added a contact to the Windows 10 people app, and was given the choice of combining this contact with another. This I chose to do with a family member of my contact, but now all the telehone numbers are put together and I do not know which one
    goes with which brother. How can I unlink these combined contacts?

***Original Title: Undo combined contacts***

Ninaco, Mar 24, 2019
  4. How to unlink combine contacts in People app

Unlink contacts that have been linked by Windows 10 People app

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the below steps:

• Open people app and select the link option from top right options.
    • Now click on the contact you want to unlink.
    • Select unlink.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

How to unlink combine contacts in People app

1. How to unlink combine contacts in People app - Similar Threads - unlink combine contacts

2. mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail app people app how to delete a recent contact?: Outlook People App allows the deletion of a recent contact.Mail People App does not allow the deletion of a recent contact?Choose a contact does not show the one I want to delete.I do not understand where a Recent Contact in the Mail People app resides in order to delete...
  3. How to unlink incorrectly linked / combined contacts in People app in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to unlink incorrectly linked / combined contacts in People app in Windows 10 ?: I have just discovered contact records showing info combined from two records which should not be merged. How do I unlink these records? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlink-incorrectly-linked-combined-contacts/40b8e25e-66fe-40fb-a58e-2a3a082829c8
  4. How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...

How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...: Although I thought I had copied the relevant data ... that attempt failed. How do I locate my people data? Is it automatically on the Windows account? Can I ask People to read some data explicitly? Is there a windows web page to see my contacts? The original computer is...
  5. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  6. contact list to people app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    contact list to people app: New computer with win 10. Set up all my email accounts in windows mail. moved contact list to new computer. How do I connect my contact list into People app so I can use them in email accounta?...
  7. People (contacts list) APP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    People (contacts list) APP: Why am I unable to edit my contacts list? When I click on a name and then click edit, the app seems to freeze up and then the app just shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-contacts-list-app/489e52b2-0333-47d5-a9ab-c4b2b0d36bb3
  8. Unlink combined contacts - People app

Unlink combined contacts - People app: I have just added a contact to the Windows 10 people app, and was given the choice of combining this contact with another. This I chose to do with a family member of my contact, but now all the telehone numbers are put together and I do not know which one goes with which...
  9. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a
  10. People Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    People Contacts: When I open People in Win 10, several of my contacts are missing. I still have Win Live Mail 2012. I have to copy the missing contacts from Win Live mail to People. Does any one know why some of my contacts are missing in People? I tried to import my contacts from Win Live...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. undo combined contacts in Windows 10