Windows 10: How to unlink F1 Key from opening Bing Browser to get help but not delete it so it can be...

Discus and support How to unlink F1 Key from opening Bing Browser to get help but not delete it so it can be... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I unlink the F1 key from opening the Bing Help Browser but keep it active to allow it to be used for other applications? Sometimes the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BillFromBoulder, Sep 27, 2020.

1. How to unlink F1 Key from opening Bing Browser to get help but not delete it so it can be...

How do I unlink the F1 key from opening the Bing Help Browser but keep it active to allow it to be used for other applications? Sometimes the other apps will say that the F1 key is in use so I cannot assign it elsewhere, therefore want to unlink it from Win10 . How can i do with without having to use some 3rd party program? What I have found so far has not been very clear or helpful. Thank you.

:)

BillFromBoulder, Sep 27, 2020

2. How do I stop f1 opening a browser window on "how to get help with win 10"?

There is an alternate method using the registry -- overrides helppane.exe.

How to Stop F1 Help Key From Opening Bing Search in Windows 10? » Winhelponline:

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-f1-key-help-windows-10/

Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Help F1 opens Edge even if not the default browser

I noticed that pushing F1 to get help from windows automatically opens Microsoft Edge even a different browser is set as default.

Alexis-Mag, Sep 27, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

How to unlink F1 Key from opening Bing Browser to get help but not delete it so it can be...

F1 hotkey remove for edge browser

Thank you for your reply.

It stopped it for me... Make sure it's in your tray, or you could check your task manager for the process.

Here's the ahk file running:

How to unlink F1 Key from opening Bing Browser to get help but not delete it so it can be... [​IMG]

Without that F1 takes me to
    how to get help in windows 10 - Bing

With it running- no response.

dalchina, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

How to unlink F1 Key from opening Bing Browser to get help but not delete it so it can be...

1. How to unlink F1 Key from opening Bing Browser to get help but not delete it so it can be... - Similar Threads - unlink Key opening

2. 'F1' Opening browser help tabs that use to never do so

in Windows 10 Customization
    'F1' Opening browser help tabs that use to never do so: I read numerous other posts on various forums about this issue but it seems to be a normal/built-in command for F1. I've never had this happen previously. I've updated to the latest windows 10 update and even since then it's never happened until today at random. I was playing...
  3. 'F1' Opening browser help tabs that use to never do so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'F1' Opening browser help tabs that use to never do so: I read numerous other posts on various forums about this issue but it seems to be a normal/built-in command for F1. I've never had this happen previously. I've updated to the latest windows 10 update and even since then it's never happened until today at random. I was playing...
  4. 'F1' Opening browser help tabs that use to never do so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. F1 key opens a faulty Bing URL.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F1 key opens a faulty Bing URL.: Hi there, the issue I have is a funny one. So MS says that the F1 shortcut to open Bing Help Webpage is by design. So can someone explain why pressing F1 takes me to the following URL:www.bing.chom instead of the following link:how to get help in windows - BingDIFFERENCE:So I...
  6. F1 key opens a faulty Bing URL.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F1 key opens a faulty Bing URL.: Hi there, the issue I have is a funny one. So MS says that the F1 shortcut to open Bing Help Webpage is by design. So can someone explain why pressing F1 takes me to the following URL:www.bing.chom instead of the following link:how to get help in windows - BingDIFFERENCE:So I...
  7. Can you stop the f1 key from opening that "get help in windows 10" bing search? It's really...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you stop the f1 key from opening that "get help in windows 10" bing search? It's really...: . submitted by /u/dropsii_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/keff0g/can_you_stop_the_f1_key_from_opening_that_get/
  8. How can I stop Bing from opening, when it is not my default browser?

How can I stop Bing from opening, when it is not my default browser?: How can I stop Bing from opening automatically when I start my computer. It always opens, even though it is not my default browser and alerts me to the fact that I am working offline....
  9. pressing f1 opens a web browser.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pressing f1 opens a web browser.: Hello Community, Whenever i press f1 , it opens a new tab in the chrome browser. I have googled for a solution, but none of those worked. i will explain what i tried: So i read on the internet to change the file name called HelpPane.exe and it should block everything. (...
  10. pressing f1 opens a web browser.

pressing f1 opens a web browser.: Hello Community, Whenever i press f1 , it opens a new tab in the chrome browser. I have googled for a solution, but none of those worked. i will explain what i tried: So i read on the internet to change the file name called HelpPane.exe and it should block everything. (...