Windows 10: How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive

Discus and support How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can not move my Pictures folder out of OneDrive. When I try to change the location from the Properties window in Explorer, the error message I get is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ErikJongbloed, Apr 25, 2021.

1. How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive

I can not move my Pictures folder out of OneDrive. When I try to change the location from the Properties window in Explorer, the error message I get is "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied." And that's it... I am not even able to restore Pictures to the default location.If I try to stop syncing the Pictures folder from the OneDrive app, the message I get is "Can't stop syncing folder. The folder you tried to unselect is the Windows Pictures folder, which is an important folder in Win

:)

ErikJongbloed, Apr 25, 2021

2. Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive

Hello there,

I am attempting to unlink the Pictures folder in Windows 10 from OneDrive. I have far too many pictures currently and don't want to have them eat up up space. I believe I was able to do it before I reformatted my computer, but it no longer lets me bypass it. I get a message saying Can't stop syncing folder.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive [​IMG]

LuLuLaMour, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive

Hello @LuLuLaMour,

Have a look at this => How to unlink my Documents folder from my OneDrive account? - SuperUser

It is for the Documents folder but the principle is the same.

I hope this helps.

Paul Black, Apr 25, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive

Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive

Hello LuLuLaMour, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

In addition, double check the listed items below to see if one may be the culprit:

1) Automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive is unchecked in OneDrive settings.

2) Automatically save photos and videos to OneDrive whenever I connect a camera, phone, or other device to my PC is unchecked in OneDrive settings.

3) Pictures folder is not selected to be backed up to OneDrive.

4) Make sure the Pictures folder location is still at its default "C:\Users\<username>\Pictures" location.

Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10

5) Afterwards, see if you are able to stop syncing the Pictures folder with OneDrive.

Brink, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive

1. How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive - Similar Threads - unlink Pictures folder

2. How to unlink Photos folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlink Photos folder from OneDrive: Hello,Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, I can't get the on-device photos folder to not be linked with my OneDrive photos. My OneDrive storage fills up whenever I put anything into my Photos folder on my PC, and I feel like I've tried every setting to turn this off. I would...
  3. How to unlink Photos folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlink Photos folder from OneDrive: Hello,Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, I can't get the on-device photos folder to not be linked with my OneDrive photos. My OneDrive storage fills up whenever I put anything into my Photos folder on my PC, and I feel like I've tried every setting to turn this off. I would...
  4. I can't unlink pictures folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't unlink pictures folder from OneDrive: Hi,I need to unlink my pictures from OneDrive because my art software doesn't support the file as they have their own version of backing things up to the cloud. I tried going into my OneDrive to unlink my Pictures folder, but all I received was an error that said"The folder...
  5. I can't unlink pictures folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't unlink pictures folder from OneDrive: Hi,I need to unlink my pictures from OneDrive because my art software doesn't support the file as they have their own version of backing things up to the cloud. I tried going into my OneDrive to unlink my Pictures folder, but all I received was an error that said"The folder...
  6. I can't unlink pictures folder from OneDrive

7. How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive Windows 11: try to relocate the photos folder after reinstall windows 11, but doesn't allow me to do that, which the photos is linked to onedrive, which i cannot chnage anything, thanks for any help...
  8. How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive Windows 11

How to unlink the Pictures folder from OneDrive Windows 11: try to relocate the photos folder after reinstall windows 11, but doesn't allow me to do that, which the photos is linked to onedrive, which i cannot chnage anything, thanks for any help...
  9. How to unlink, exclude or remove a folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    How to unlink, exclude or remove a folder from OneDrive: [ATTACH]If you do not want the Desktop, Documents, or Pictures folder to be synced to your OneDrive account, there’s a simple way to unlink, exclude or remove a folder from OneDrive. This post walks you through the necessary steps to complete the process in a hassle-free...
  10. Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive: Hello there, I am attempting to unlink the Pictures folder in Windows 10 from OneDrive. I have far too many pictures currently and don't want to have them eat up up space. I believe I was able to do it before I reformatted my computer, but it no longer lets me bypass it. I...