Windows 10: how to unlink windows activation key from a microsoft account

Discus and support how to unlink windows activation key from a microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My microsoft is currently linked to 2 windows activation keys and I want to unlink one of them as I want to change my windows ssd. What shall I do to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EddyMin, Aug 16, 2020.

1. EddyMin Win User

how to unlink windows activation key from a microsoft account

My microsoft is currently linked to 2 windows activation keys and I want to unlink one of them as I want to change my windows ssd. What shall I do to unlink the one of the windows activation key from my microsoft account?

:)

EddyMin, Aug 16, 2020

2. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 16, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Not only that, you can check your M$ account and see what devices are listed there, so you know if you can do a clean install or not. Do the upgrade, get it activated, verify that it is listed in your account, then feel free to do a fresh install without activation issues ever.

cadaveca, Aug 16, 2020
  4. how to unlink windows activation key from a microsoft account

How to unlink a product key from the Microsoft account

Hi folks,

I have bought a PC that came without an OS and a copy of Windows license separately.

At some point I have read that to help ease activation process when changing hardware and reinstalling it is preferable to link a product key to the Microsoft account, and so I did.

Now, I would like to unlink the key and delete my Microsoft account (for privacy reasons), but I want to keep activating and using the license with my PC, and move it to a new hardware in case of an upgrade, so I can use Windows with local accounts and avoid
    touching a Microsoft account.

How can I achieve this? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Garry

Garry Filakhtov, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

how to unlink windows activation key from a microsoft account

1. how to unlink windows activation key from a microsoft account - Similar Threads - unlink activation key

2. how to unlink the activation key from an old user's account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to unlink the activation key from an old user's account?: a friend bought me this pc as a gift the pc comes with windows 11 pro, he opened the laptop and signed in with his email to check the lab and the activation key was linked to his account not mine. after resting the laptop there was a problem with the activation key i followed...
  3. how to unlink the activation key from an old user's account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to unlink the activation key from an old user's account?: a friend bought me this pc as a gift the pc comes with windows 11 pro, he opened the laptop and signed in with his email to check the lab and the activation key was linked to his account not mine. after resting the laptop there was a problem with the activation key i followed...
  4. How to unlink game from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlink game from Microsoft account: On the side panel of Microsoft Edge there is a games button, and some of the games there give the option for you to link it to your Microsoft account. I accidentally pressed something that linked a game to my account, how do I undo this action? I have not installed any of the...
  5. How to unlink game from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlink game from Microsoft account: On the side panel of Microsoft Edge there is a games button, and some of the games there give the option for you to link it to your Microsoft account. I accidentally pressed something that linked a game to my account, how do I undo this action? I have not installed any of the...
  6. Unlinking Microsoft Account from PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlinking Microsoft Account from PC: Hi all, If I unlink my Microsoft account from my PC will I lose any data from my user account?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlinking-microsoft-account-from-pc/db2e4c13-9130-4b30-a60d-9207c916f476
  7. How to unlink a Microsoft account from Local windows account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to unlink a Microsoft account from Local windows account?: I have a work pc with windows 10. There is no domain but my local account is associated with my work O365 profile. A LOT of stuff is installed and configured under my current account which is an administrator. So I cant delete my account or reinstall windows. I needed to...
  8. How to unlink a product key from the Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to unlink a product key from the Microsoft account: Hi folks, I have bought a PC that came without an OS and a copy of Windows license separately. At some point I have read that to help ease activation process when changing hardware and reinstalling it is preferable to link a product key to the Microsoft account, and so I...
  9. Unlinking Windows Key on Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unlinking Windows Key on Microsoft Account: I logged a Microsoft Account into Windows 10 for the first time and it automatically linked my account (this email I'm posting with) to my Windows key. The problem is I'm using Windows 10 Education from my university and I want to link my Win10 to that email instead. Is there...
  10. HOW TO UNLINK MICROSOFT ACCOUNT??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    HOW TO UNLINK MICROSOFT ACCOUNT??: I was trying to fix something with my pc game and I went in to the xbox app and signed in on my computer for the first time. it then said it would link this to my whole computer and because this was my old xbox account it was family restricted. now I cant do anything and my...