Windows 10: How to unlock a locked CPU for my Laptop

Discus and support How to unlock a locked CPU for my Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have a OMEN Laptop (specs below) and I have been trying to underclock its CPU. It is currently running at around 3.9 GHz and its making the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Damon_203, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Damon_203 Win User

How to unlock a locked CPU for my Laptop

So I have a OMEN Laptop (specs below) and I have been trying to underclock its CPU. It is currently running at around 3.9 GHz and its making the laptop way to hot. I have tried going into the BIOS and found nothing of changing the CPU speed. Please note that I have been in the UEFI Firmware Settings and I am not sure if that is the same thing as the BIOS. If you have any way of knowing how I might get to the real BIOS please let me know. So if anyone knows how to get into the BIOS or unlock my CPU, please tell me! Thank you so much.

Specs:

i7 Core 8700k @ 2.2 GHz (mine clocked to 3.9 GHz)

GTX 1060 6GB

16 GB RAM

:)

Damon_203, Oct 14, 2018
  2. kaschiro1 Win User

unlock hard drive

I just installed w10 and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a dell laptop with a ssd and it works fine. the problem is my second harddrive which is connected a usb and it has all my data on it, except it is locked and cannot edit a file and save the file. We will call that #2, #1 works fine, I can edit and save, #2 I can view but no edit and save. I use photoshop and when I go to save it states that the file is locked. #2 is partitioned into 3 drives and all drives act the same. everything worked on win 7 in the same configuration.
    So with my whiz bang mentality I say the drive is locked. But I do not know how to unlock it !!! can anybody help me!!!
    I am a old senior teckky and things have to be laid out step by step. Is there a program I can download to unlock the HD,??? or do I have to do it the old fashion way, step by step

TIA
    Kas

kaschiro1, Oct 14, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Caring1 Win User

Throttlestop overclocking Desktop PCs

Has anybody worked on that suggestion of putting together a list of unlocked CPU's?
    I've got an E.S. E5-2650 that appears to be locked and the BIOS on the Motherboard is locked down even tighter.
    I would like to play with it without buying a new board, CPU's can be cheaper.

Caring1, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

1. How to unlock a locked CPU for my Laptop - Similar Threads - unlock locked CPU

2. How to unlock the laptop when Bitlocked is locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock the laptop when Bitlocked is locked.: Dear Team,My laptop is locked with Bitlocker and I cannot have access to it. I have tried everything but to avail. I do not have a Bitlocker key and I have tried to to log into my Microsoft account to retrieve but I am getting the response "There is no bitlocker key stored"....
  3. How to unlock the laptop when Bitlocked is locked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock the laptop when Bitlocked is locked.: Dear Team,My laptop is locked with Bitlocker and I cannot have access to it. I have tried everything but to avail. I do not have a Bitlocker key and I have tried to to log into my Microsoft account to retrieve but I am getting the response "There is no bitlocker key stored"....
  4. How to unlock the laptop when Bitlocked is locked.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop locked and unable to unlock

Laptop locked and unable to unlock: Hi,I received an alert that my Microsoft account had been accessed, so I locked my device via my phone in fear of it being stolen as the location was not my exact address turns it it was at my address just in accurate. I returned to my laptop and went to log in as normal and...
  6. How to unlock my laptop after locked it remotely?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to unlock my laptop after locked it remotely?: Microsoft devices locked my laptop. There is no unlock in the devices section while logged into account on phone. Please tell me how to unlock my laptop. I need access asap. Thanks...
  7. How to unlock my laptop after locked it remotely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock my laptop after locked it remotely?: Microsoft devices locked my laptop. There is no unlock in the devices section while logged into account on phone. Please tell me how to unlock my laptop. I need access asap. Thanks...
  8. How to unlock my laptop after locked it remotely?

9. How to unlock my laptop after locked remotely?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to unlock my laptop after locked remotely?: Hi,I’m using two laptop with Window 10. I used “Find my device” to lock a laptop remotely for testing the funtion only. Now I can not SIGN IN or UNLOCK the locked laptop. Please tell me how to unlock the laptop.Many thanks!...
  10. unlock remotely locked laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unlock remotely locked laptop: How do I unlock a laptop that I have remotely locked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-remotely-locked-laptop/810ed05d-edd3-4897-b4f2-166d68fa1bc7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to unlock thread for weather

2. how to unlock locked cpu

3. windows 10 unlock cpu

4. how to unlock cpu,
  5. locked cpu entsperren,
  6. how to unlock cpu on windows 10,
  7. how to unlock a laptop processor