Windows 10: How to unlock and use Windows 10 20H2 features without upgrading

Discus and support How to unlock and use Windows 10 20H2 features without upgrading in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With Windows 10 October 2020 Update (20H2), Microsoft is offering slightly improved versions of the Start Menu, Alt-Tab, Taskbar, and notifications. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 21, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

How to unlock and use Windows 10 20H2 features without upgrading

With Windows 10 October 2020 Update (20H2), Microsoft is offering slightly improved versions of the Start Menu, Alt-Tab, Taskbar, and notifications. It also comes with a raft of bug fixes and improvements, including a new tablet experience for detachable devices.

Last week, Microsoft released the October 2020 Update to the testers in the Release Preview channel.

In this update, Start Menu now includes Fluent Design icons for Microsoft and third-party apps. The taskbar, too, is getting updated with a new experimental feature whereby the taskbar will be optimized for an individual user when they first set up their new Windows device.

How to unlock and use Windows 10 20H2 features without upgrading New-Start-Menu-in-light-theme.jpg

Microsoft says it will enable a “more personalized” experience for the taskbar to give you the content you want and reduce the clutter.

For example, if you regularly use Your Phone app or Office apps on your old device, Microsoft will automatically pin them to the taskbar of your new device. This new out of the box experience will finally focus on what matters to you and reduce the clutter.

Windows 10 20H2 features in version 2004

As we reported yesterday, Windows 10 20H2 is a small update and the enablement package weighs less than 100MB. The latest batch of Patch Tuesday updates appears to include the new 20H2 features, which were previously limited to July’s optional update.

In Windows 10 KB4571756 or KB4566782, new features are hidden, but you can enable them by editing the registry, which is a powerful and risky tool in Windows 10.

If you’d like to give the new Start Menu, Alt-Tab experience, and notifications a try, we’ll explain the steps below.

Disclaimer: Editing the registry can be potentially dangerous if you make mistakes. If you’re planning to edit the Registry, we recommend you to backup the registry before you start.

If you’re not comfortable with editing the registry, we recommend installing the October 2020 Update by joining the Release Preview channel or wait until the update gets officially released in October.

Unlock Windows 10 20H2 features

If you still want to try out the improvements in Windows 10 version 2004, follow these steps:

1. Open Settings > System > About and verify that your system is running Build 19041.450 or newer.
    2. Open Notepad.
    3. In Notepad, enter the following text:
      Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FeatureManagement\Overrides\0\2093230218]
      "EnabledState"=dword:00000002
      "EnabledStateOptions"=dword:00000000
    4. Save the Notepad content to your system with the name of your choice, but the file extension should be .reg
    5. Click on the .reg to run it right away and modify the Registry.
    6. Restart the device after you have made the change.

After the system reboot, you’ll notice that the new Start Menu is already available with Fluent icons and translucent background.

In addition, you’ll also notice that the version number has disappeared from the Settings app. This appears to be a bug linked to the new Registry values and you can safely ignore it.

Enable new Alt-Tab experience

In October 2020 Update, you can now also access your Microsoft Edge tabs in Alt-Tab apps switcher. To use the new Alt-Tab experience, follow these steps:

1. Open Settings > System.
    2. Click on ‘Multitasking’.
    3. Under Alt + Tab (pressing Alt + Tab shows) subheading, select the option of your choice. If you’d to show Edge, select the first, second or third option.

Once done, you’ll be able to view your Chromium Edge tabs in the apps switcher screen.

How to unlock and use Windows 10 20H2 features without upgrading Revert-Registry.jpg

If you want to undo the changes, you can do it at any time by deleting the Registry keys and restarting your device.

The post How to unlock and use Windows 10 20H2 features without upgrading appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

1. How to unlock and use Windows 10 20H2 features without upgrading - Similar Threads - unlock 20H2 features

2. How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlock-without-using-recovery-key/80a1fa6f-92cc-4b31-934b-30ae6a8e6599
  3. How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlock-without-using-recovery-key/80a1fa6f-92cc-4b31-934b-30ae6a8e6599
  4. IsInstallable / IsInstalled rules for 20H2 Feature upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IsInstallable / IsInstalled rules for 20H2 Feature upgrade: What are the rules for detecting 20H2 feature update?I have a machine with 20H2 installed. But it keeps reporting to MEMCM, that it is 20H1 and needs to upgrade every day - including reboot prompt.I even installed 21H1 yesterday manually - successfully! The next update...
  5. Feature update to windows 10 20h2

Feature update to windows 10 20h2: Hi guys so I decided today to update to windows 10 20h2. My previous version was 2004 or 20h1. When I decided to update i realised it downloaded so quickly in less than 30 seconds. Can anyone tell me what the size actually is because I'm scared maybe it didn't finish...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 Feature Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 20H2 Feature Update: Windows 10, 20H2 Feature Update recently appeared in Update. It was necessary to update my 1909 updates and subsequenly 20H2 updated my Toshiba Laptop.I now have no printing, scanning, no restore point capability, recovery only and corrupt files.Microsoft support provides...
  7. Windows 10 feature update 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 feature update 20H2: Hello! I recently checked for updates and my PC found that I have updates available. It turned out to be the 20H2 feature update and I clicked on download update. However, it all runs so slow. Downloaded kinda fast, in about 45-60 minutes but the installation is the slow one....
  8. How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Version 20H2 without affecting LapTop performance

How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Version 20H2 without affecting LapTop performance: Hello! I would like to know what methods, recommendations or advice should be done before updating to version 20H2, taking into account that I'm on the Windows 10 Version 2019 October version. Taking into account that it does not affect the performance of my LaTop, as it...
  9. feature for windows 20H2

feature for windows 20H2: Multiple failure to install update error code 0x80070570 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-for-windows-20h2/bc41b8c9-8fa1-4c58-ad1f-4374669f446e
  10. Unlock Windows 10 20H2 Features in Windows 10 Version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlock Windows 10 20H2 Features in Windows 10 Version 2004: With this batch script you can unlock Windows 10 20H2 features in Windows 10 version 2004 without upgrading. If you have Windows 10, version 2004, build 19041.423 or above installed, you can quickly enable all the 20H2 features like the new colorful Start menu and will...