Windows 10: How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password

Discus and support How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; *** Email address is removed for privacy ***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sureshboopathi1011, Feb 19, 2024.

1. How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

sureshboopathi1011, Feb 19, 2024
  2. ARC1020 Win User

Bitlocker password 256 characters breaks unlocking

I'm not sure I fully understand, as the link you provided already contains the answer?

So, even if you used 256 characters for the main password, is there a reason you can't use the 48 character Bitlocker recovery key (which is different to the main password) to recover the drive?

You can find a tutorial regarding using the Bitlocker recover key to unlock a drive at the following link:
    http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

ARC1020, Feb 19, 2024
  3. Bill Smithers, Feb 19, 2024
  4. How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password

Why does BitLocker want a recovery key instead of a password?

BitLocker wants me to enter a 48-digit recovery key and doesn't ask for a password

Notes:

• The articles quoted for this answer are for older versions of Windows.
    • Things may have changed for Windows 10.

What causes BitLocker to start into recovery mode?

Source BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

System recovery

Source Recovery scenarios

I also don't have either the key or the password of this drive.

Source BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

It's a vhd image that I mounted.

Perhaps a vhd image triggers "Moving the BitLocker-protected drive into a new computer."?

DavidPostill, Feb 19, 2024
Thema:

How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password

1. How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password - Similar Threads - unlock bitlock without

2. unlock bitlocker using recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlock bitlocker using recovery key: I have locked un external disk drive using bitlocker and i have forgoten my password, but i have printed the recover key and identifier when i have tried to using the recovery key i got the message recover key does not match even the identifier key is start with the...
  3. unlock bitlocker using recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unlock bitlocker using recovery key: I have locked un external disk drive using bitlocker and i have forgoten my password, but i have printed the recover key and identifier when i have tried to using the recovery key i got the message recover key does not match even the identifier key is start with the...
  4. How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlock-without-using-recovery-key/80a1fa6f-92cc-4b31-934b-30ae6a8e6599
  5. Need to unlock my laptop without bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to unlock my laptop without bitlocker recovery key: Hi, in my laptop is locked under bitlocker. I don’t have backup the recovery key. Is there any possibility to unlock my system. I have purchased the laptop B2B....
  6. Need to unlock my laptop without bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to unlock my laptop without bitlocker recovery key: Hi, in my laptop is locked under bitlocker. I don’t have backup the recovery key. Is there any possibility to unlock my system. I have purchased the laptop B2B....
  7. BitLocker Recovery without Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker Recovery without Key: Need to reinstall Windows 10. Getting a BitLocker recovery key error - I don't have the key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-without-key/25e6b04d-6be4-4cd9-af22-21047a4743b2
  8. Bitlocker- "Failed to unlock with this recovery key"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker- "Failed to unlock with this recovery key": Wndows recently had an update. Upon restarting the computer, I am prompted with option to enter the recovery key. I was able to retrieve the key from my outlook account which is what I use to login to my account. I typed in that key but it gives me an error (title). I noticed...
  9. how to unlock hard drive bitlocker if lost all password and recovery keys?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to unlock hard drive bitlocker if lost all password and recovery keys?: Accidentally, I have lost password and recovery keys after reinstall windows, and i drive is got bitlocker. How can i unlock my drive? it is very important to me?...
  10. BitLocker: Can't use Recovery Key or Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker: Can't use Recovery Key or Password: A friend using Win 10 Pro emailed me saying "I’ve managed to lock myself out of my data drive having encrypted it with bit locker. Now it does not recognise my password and will not let me type in the Recovery key (cannot get letters to type in)". He has a C drive for OS...