Windows 10: how to unlock locked files?

Discus and support how to unlock locked files? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how to unlock locked files and folders,...?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dejdak, Sep 20, 2018.

1. dejdak Win User

how to unlock locked files?

how to unlock locked files and folders,...?

:)

dejdak, Sep 20, 2018

2. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-475786-lost-my-files-in-folder-lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Sep 20, 2018
  3. kaschiro1 Win User
    unlock hard drive

I just installed w10 and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a dell laptop with a ssd and it works fine. the problem is my second harddrive which is connected a usb and it has all my data on it, except it is locked and cannot edit a file and save the file. We will call that #2, #1 works fine, I can edit and save, #2 I can view but no edit and save. I use photoshop and when I go to save it states that the file is locked. #2 is partitioned into 3 drives and all drives act the same. everything worked on win 7 in the same configuration.
    So with my whiz bang mentality I say the drive is locked. But I do not know how to unlock it !!! can anybody help me!!!
    I am a old senior teckky and things have to be laid out step by step. Is there a program I can download to unlock the HD,??? or do I have to do it the old fashion way, step by step

TIA
    Kas

kaschiro1, Sep 20, 2018
  4. yolan7 Win User

Nokia 928 lock/unlock feature

Hi,

I have a Nokia 928. I have a lock screen activated. When I hit the side button to unlock my phone, there is no response. If I hold the volume down button long enough to prompt to turn off, then I am able to swipe up and unlock my phone using my code.
    At this point, the following occurred:

• if I hit the lock button my phone will not respond.
    • If i hit the volume up while the phone is unlocked. It states that "Something has changed...hold the volume up button and the lock button to take a screen shot."
    • If I touch the volume down button, the screen will prompt "shut down" by swiping down.

The battery is fully charged. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

yolan7, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

1. how to unlock locked files? - Similar Threads - unlock locked files

2. How to unlock locked account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock locked account: I was just setting up my new laptop when I accidentally locked my account. I got confused when I was entering my password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-locked-account/547444ff-0c31-4929-bab3-fb6f3259ec50
  3. How to unlock locked account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock locked account: I was just setting up my new laptop when I accidentally locked my account. I got confused when I was entering my password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-locked-account/547444ff-0c31-4929-bab3-fb6f3259ec50
  4. How do you unlock this lock?

How do you unlock this lock?: How do you unlock this lock? thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-unlock-this-lock/9755f284-e8ff-4734-8446-fce86344c314
  5. Unlock File locked by OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock File locked by OneDrive: Hi,I backed up my OneDrive to an external Harddrive. The Onedrive Account was deleted and now when I try to open a file from my external Harddrive I cannot access it anymore. Each file has a golden lock on it. Does that mean it is encrypted?Any suggestions on what to do?Best...
  6. Unlock File locked by OneDrive

Unlock File locked by OneDrive: Hi,I backed up my OneDrive to an external Harddrive. The Onedrive Account was deleted and now when I try to open a file from my external Harddrive I cannot access it anymore. Each file has a golden lock on it. Does that mean it is encrypted?Any suggestions on what to do?Best...
  7. Unlocking files locked with BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlocking files locked with BitLocker: After an update to my Windows 10 Pro edition, I no longer have access to the files in the Documents folder on my C drive. I had previously encrypted these with BitLocker but now it is showing that BitLocker is turned off and logging in to my user account no longer unencrypts...
  8. how to unlock locked folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to unlock locked folder?: I made some mistake with Security Properties with one of my folders. The result: I can not open the folder: "You must have Read permission to to view the properties of this object" is the message I got. How can I restore the situation? Thanks in advance. Sincerely -...
  9. Files Locked; unable to unlock

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Locked; unable to unlock: Hi: A while back, I was messing with some stuff I probably shouldn't have, particularly with BitLocker feature on Windows 7. I just recently got a new computer running Windows 10 and some files still are "locked" and cannot be viewed. I've tried everything I could but have...
  10. Unlocking locked files help

in Windows 10 Support
    Unlocking locked files help: Opened folder and was presented with multiple documents that had a "locked padlock" covering part of the file icon. Also the following message when I attempted to open the file: "You need permission to perform this action." "You require permission from "everyone" to make...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft how to unlock files since buying 100GB

2. how to unlock the locked files