Windows 10: how to unmount drive - file explorer hangs when clicking on drive

Discus and support how to unmount drive - file explorer hangs when clicking on drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I mounted an NFS folder on my windows 10 PC last year. Now the IP address of the NFS has changed. I want to unmount this drive. But clicking on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steve Richter, Jul 22, 2019.

1. how to unmount drive - file explorer hangs when clicking on drive

I mounted an NFS folder on my windows 10 PC last year. Now the IP address of the NFS has changed. I want to unmount this drive. But clicking on the drive in file explorer causes the entire window to grey and nothing can be clicked in the window.

can I unmount from the command line? I try the mountvol command but keep getting an error: the system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Windows\system32>mountvol K:\\192.168.1.38\volume1\nfsRoot /P

The system cannot find the path specified.

thanks,

:)

Steve Richter, Jul 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 shutdown doesn't unmount despite......

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the late response.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• How exactly you are trying to unmount the drive. Is it through Command prompt or from Disk management?

• What exactly happens when you try to unmount?

• Did you receive any error message while trying to unmount?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Please close all the Windows before trying the steps.

• Open Disk management.

• Right-click the mounted drive that you want to remove, and then click
      Change Drive Letter and Paths.

• Click Remove, and then click Yes.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 22, 2019
  3. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Jul 22, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

how to unmount drive - file explorer hangs when clicking on drive

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

how to unmount drive - file explorer hangs when clicking on drive

1. how to unmount drive - file explorer hangs when clicking on drive - Similar Threads - unmount drive file

2. File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked: This dump was taken after about 5 minutes, previous search list had not been displayed.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apl0rgCPgEetgjvN_0YIjGfbqFhd?e=fbureZ...
  3. File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked: This dump was taken after about 5 minutes, previous search list had not been displayed.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apl0rgCPgEetgjvN_0YIjGfbqFhd?e=fbureZ...
  4. File Explorer hangs when Search box is clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mapped Drives hanging Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mapped Drives hanging Windows 10 File Explorer: For the past month, File Explorer has crashed. They are not marked with a red X however when I click on them they do not open. Rather, File Explorer stops responding. I eventually have to restart File Explorer using Task Manager.What seems to work is unmap and remap. When I...
  6. File explorer crashes when right clicking on a drive in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer crashes when right clicking on a drive in explorer: I'm trying to format a USB drive but whenever I right click on it in explorer, file explorer crashes. Any tips on how to fix this? submitted by /u/barkafas2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kf1qtn/file_explorer_crashes_when_right_clicking_on_a/
  7. File explorer slow/hangs when mapped drive not available

File explorer slow/hangs when mapped drive not available: Hi all, I have mapped network drives that are only available when my laptop is connected to certain networks work, home, etc. When I open file explorer when I have mapped drives not in my current network, it's very slow to open the "This PC" view, and the progress bar just...
  8. File Explorer hanging when waking a drive - normal?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer hanging when waking a drive - normal?: So, when I access an ext drive connected via USB, file explorer will randomly lock, is this normal? The PC is unresponsive for up to 3 or 4 seconds. It's not the only time it hangs but it is always when file explorer is trying to do something. save a file, open a file, etc....
  9. Right click hangs for File Explorer

Right click hangs for File Explorer: I have an issue that just started, and I could use some help. I want to format a hard drive, but when I ues File Explorer and right click on it to do this, I just get " not responding" Can anyone help me to fix this please? Thank you...
  10. How to unmount drive?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to unmount drive?: I mounted Anniversary Update.iso and successfully upgraded Win10. I further updated from 393.0 to 393.10. In both instances afterwards, the empty drive remained. How do I unmount it? Context menu offered no option. Disk Management doesn't list it at the top panel. While...