Windows 10: How to unpin a deleted folder?

Discus and support How to unpin a deleted folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I deleted a folder that I had pinned, how can I unpin it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OnderGok, Jan 20, 2021.

1. How to unpin a deleted folder?

/u/OnderGok, Jan 20, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How to unpin a deleted folder? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How to unpin a deleted folder? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 20, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

How to unpin a deleted folder?

Brink, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

How to unpin a deleted folder?

1. How to unpin a deleted folder? - Similar Threads - unpin deleted folder

2. Unpinning Folders From Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unpinning Folders From Quick Access: I don't know how to unpin files from the Quick Access bar. I sometimes don't like seeing them there every time I open up File Explorer, so I was wondering if there is a way to disable it.Here's some info:Windows 11Intel Celeron 4 coreIT-controlled so I don't know how this...
  3. Unpinning Folders From Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unpinning Folders From Quick Access: I don't know how to unpin files from the Quick Access bar. I sometimes don't like seeing them there every time I open up File Explorer, so I was wondering if there is a way to disable it.Here's some info:Windows 11Intel Celeron 4 coreIT-controlled so I don't know how this...
  4. How to unpin folders and apps from Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to unpin folders and apps from Quick Access?: Hi!I was just trying to figure out how to unpin apps and folders from my Quick Access. You see, I accidentally pinned a folder that I didn't want to pin. Can you help me?...
  5. How to unpin folders and apps from Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unpin folders and apps from Quick Access?: Hi!I was just trying to figure out how to unpin apps and folders from my Quick Access. You see, I accidentally pinned a folder that I didn't want to pin. Can you help me?...
  6. How to unpin folders and apps from Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how to delete this folder

how to delete this folder: how to delete this folder thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-this-folder/bfcfc8aa-b535-4496-ba1e-04d8c172ba77
  8. how delete folder

in Windows 10 Support
    how delete folder: when deleting it says you need 'admin permission' then it says 'continue' when press 'continue', it says 'need permission from system' 1. what are ways to make it so you always have 'permission from system' 2. how to fix this problem forever 183089
  9. how to delete folder

how to delete folder: i am not able to delete the folder,whenever i try to delete show the message access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-folder/18d86bea-a1f6-4b20-b918-5b1c07385365
  10. How to unpin downloads and folders from being in background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to unpin downloads and folders from being in background: I don't know the terminology but I downloaded chrome and I don't want it on top of my background because its getting in the way and new folders are showing up there too. How can I remove them without deleting the folder/chrome? submitted by /u/EmeraldEyeKing [link]...