Windows 10: How to up d drive

Discus and support How to up d drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Not had a pc with two hard drives before and this one is sons gaming pc. So c drive is a 250gb ssd with Windows and a few games on. D drive has games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Hazel123, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Hazel123 Win User

How to up d drive

Not had a pc with two hard drives before and this one is sons gaming pc. So c drive is a 250gb ssd with Windows and a few games on. D drive has games installed that work via steam on c drive.

I am confused already. Now he has so much installed I am doing a system image just in case.

I have always used windows built in imaging. So when going to do an image, d drive is there as well to tick but it wouldnt work - failed. Unticked d drive and it happily made a system image of c drive. So how do I back up d drive? Can you do a separate system image of a drive that doesnt have an os?

I just have the one 1tb external drive for backups/images set to Ntfs.

Edit - when I open d drive there are folders. Is it possible to just copy and paste them onto a back up drive?

:)

Hazel123, Jan 8, 2021

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Naresh_K Win User

How to up d drive

Not enough space on Recovery (DHow to up d drive :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DHow to up d drive :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

How to up d drive

1. How to up d drive - Similar Threads - drive

2. i have forgot the bitlocker key for D: drive i need help in unlocking this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have forgot the bitlocker key for D: drive i need help in unlocking this: Hi Team,I have forgot the bitlocker key for the D: Drive i need help in unlocking this.Thanks,Thrivikram. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgot-the-bitlocker-key-for-d-drive-i-need/4d940327-cca2-4616-a61c-72772a5e2c15
  3. i have forgot the bitlocker key for D: drive i need help in unlocking this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have forgot the bitlocker key for D: drive i need help in unlocking this: Hi Team,I have forgot the bitlocker key for the D: Drive i need help in unlocking this.Thanks,Thrivikram. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgot-the-bitlocker-key-for-d-drive-i-need/4d940327-cca2-4616-a61c-72772a5e2c15
  4. Computer crashed and hard drive destroyed!!!

Computer crashed and hard drive destroyed!!!: Couldn't uninstall copilot update and I couldn't uninstall the app ether click on terminate and it crash my whole computer my tower started to flash and beep if this app virus or burnd my hard drive Microsoft will be replacing my tower!!! Will open a law suit...
  5. Computer crashed and hard drive destroyed!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashed and hard drive destroyed!!!: Couldn't uninstall copilot update and I couldn't uninstall the app ether click on terminate and it crash my whole computer my tower started to flash and beep if this app virus or burnd my hard drive Microsoft will be replacing my tower!!! Will open a law suit...
  6. minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get minecraft to reinstall. only...

minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get minecraft to reinstall. only...: Minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get Minecraft to reinstall. only option to purchase again.microsoft account shows it was purchased in Jan, but there is no option to download or install....
  7. minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get minecraft to reinstall. only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get minecraft to reinstall. only...: Minecraft windows 11, had to replace hard drive, now can't get Minecraft to reinstall. only option to purchase again.microsoft account shows it was purchased in Jan, but there is no option to download or install....
  8. Bit locker on SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  9. Bit locker on SSD Drive

Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  10. fix sub flash drive.

fix sub flash drive.: Trying to fix USB flash drive not being recognized by the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-sub-flash-drive/54703b43-638e-4331-8db0-c8414a1a8862