Windows 10: How to up d drive

Discus and support How to up d drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Not had a pc with two hard drives before and this one is sons gaming pc. So c drive is a 250gb ssd with Windows and a few games on. D drive has games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Hazel123, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Hazel123 Win User

How to up d drive

Not had a pc with two hard drives before and this one is sons gaming pc. So c drive is a 250gb ssd with Windows and a few games on. D drive has games installed that work via steam on c drive.

I am confused already. Now he has so much installed I am doing a system image just in case.

I have always used windows built in imaging. So when going to do an image, d drive is there as well to tick but it wouldnt work - failed. Unticked d drive and it happily made a system image of c drive. So how do I back up d drive? Can you do a separate system image of a drive that doesnt have an os?

I just have the one 1tb external drive for backups/images set to Ntfs.

Edit - when I open d drive there are folders. Is it possible to just copy and paste them onto a back up drive?

:)

Hazel123, Jan 8, 2021

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Naresh_K Win User

How to up d drive

Not enough space on Recovery (DHow to up d drive :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DHow to up d drive :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

How to up d drive

1. How to up d drive - Similar Threads - drive

2. I use a program burnaware premium but win10 burning takes over the drive and corrupts the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I use a program burnaware premium but win10 burning takes over the drive and corrupts the...: I use a program burnaware premium but win10 burning takes over the drive and corrupts the second duel layer I have tried this a few times on a 50 GB dual-layer blue-ray disk, I have also fully formatted the disk 3 times. There are two drives on the system hp bd rom...
  3. Restart Problem - No Bootable Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart Problem - No Bootable Drive: I rebuilt a Supermicro computer using a used X10DAX, Rev.1.02 motherboard. I installed a brandnew Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1 TB NVMe drive based on their PCIe card. Default sector size is 512 bytes. In another machine I deleted everything on an olderCrucial 64 GB SSD/SATA drive...
  4. Trying to install a game onto my D drive from Microsoft Store... need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to install a game onto my D drive from Microsoft Store... need help!: [ATTACH] I've been trying to install a game I bought a while ago on the Microsoft Store. The install button doesn't work when I select my D drive even though I have enough space, but I've heard that there's a fix for that in the settings. However, when I go to do this,...
  5. Windows 10 has deleted ALL my facecam files and several others from an external drive...

Windows 10 has deleted ALL my facecam files and several others from an external drive...: I run a gaming channel on YouTube. Today is editing day, so I'm minding my own business, exporiting Audactiy files into .mp3 and putting episodes together in Adobe Premiere. Spontaneously, and without permission, Windows deletes my "processed audio" folder from an external...
  6. Mapping Network drive or folder. Mac host and Windows client

Mapping Network drive or folder. Mac host and Windows client: Have set up a SMB shared folder on a Mac over a LAN. So my Mac is the host I want to simply enable this shared folder to always auto mount when I reboot -login on my Windows machine. I assume this means using 'Map Network Drive'. Should be simple enough however when I...
  7. bought a 2015 Imac had a question on internal drives ??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bought a 2015 Imac had a question on internal drives ??: HI there bought a 2015 imac fully uploaded to Mac os Big Sur here are the specification. imac Retina 5k 27-inch, late 2015 procesor 4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Memory 32 GB 1867 Mhz DDR3 Startup Disk Untitled ?? Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4GB so my question why would...
  8. Windows 10 transfer from drive to drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 transfer from drive to drive?: I'm about to buy a new PC from a system builder which will come with Windows 10 pre-installed on an M2 drive. so "OEM"?? I'm aware than M2/SSD drives have endurance issues am am concerned what will happen to my use of windows 10 if the drive failed after, say, 5 years. Would...
  9. Merging Drive Partitions

Merging Drive Partitions: [ATTACH]I cloned my internal 500 GB hard drive to an external 2TB hard drive. My intend to format the internal drive, put in an enclosure, and use as an external drive. I plan to put the 2TB dive in the computer as its internal drive. Attached is a copy of my drives as...
  10. What is the Best option for backing up a Shared Drive in WIndows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the Best option for backing up a Shared Drive in WIndows: I have a home network and use a file server running Windows 10 Pro. I use windows 7 backup to make daily backups of local drives and that works fine. There is one Linux device on the network that the server connects to as a shared drive. I would like to backup the files...