Windows 10: how to update 8.1 to winndows 10

Discus and support how to update 8.1 to winndows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how to update 8.1 to winndows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by farismer mousa, Jul 23, 2023.

  1. how to update 8.1 to winndows 10


    how to update 8.1 to winndows 10

    :)
     
    farismer mousa, Jul 23, 2023
    #1

  2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

    I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

    "Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

    1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

    2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

    I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."


    It was a helpful post. Thanks!
     
    BlackHawk1, Jul 23, 2023
    #2
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

    DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .
     
    Monk.e83, Jul 23, 2023
    #3
  4. 3Colors Win User

    how to update 8.1 to winndows 10

    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

    Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

    Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond how to update 8.1 to winndows 10 :) Best regards.


    And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.
     
    3Colors, Jul 23, 2023
    #4
Thema:

how to update 8.1 to winndows 10

Loading...
  1. how to update 8.1 to winndows 10 - Similar Threads - update winndows

  2. Microsoft Releases the Windows 11 2026 Update, Version 26H2, as a Small Enablement Package

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases the Windows 11 2026 Update, Version 26H2, as a Small Enablement Package: Microsoft has released the Windows 11 2026 Update, also known as Windows 11 version 26H2, as announced on September 29 in a Windows Experience Blog post by John Cable, Vice President of Product Management for Windows Servicing and Delivery. The update is available now for...
  3. Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Windows 11 Updates Cause Black Screens After Sign-In on Some Devices: Microsoft has confirmed that recent Windows 11 updates can leave some devices on a black screen after sign-in, with the desktop session failing to load, according to a new entry on the Windows release health dashboard. The issue affects Windows 11 versions 24H2, 25H2, and...
  4. Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Pauses KB5002907 After the Update Deactivates or Removes Office 2016 and Office 2019: Microsoft has paused the rollout of KB5002907, an optional update for out-of-date Microsoft 365 Apps installations, after reports that it deactivated or, in some cases, completely removed perpetual Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 2019 installations on Windows PCs. The...
  5. Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Fixes File History Backup Failures Caused by September Windows Updates: Microsoft has fixed a known issue that stopped the File History backup feature from working on some Windows PCs after the September 2026 security updates were installed. The fix ships in the optional KB5124010 and KB5124006 cumulative updates for Windows 11, according to...
  6. Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections: Microsoft has confirmed that the security updates for Windows 11 which are scheduled for September 2026 may cause Always On VPN connections to fail, leaving the affected devices unable to access corporate networks. The company mentioned the issue in a Windows release health...
  7. Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows Updates to Fix Remote Desktop Services Failures: To deal with the Remote Desktop Services (RDS) failures caused by the September 2026 security updates, as well as with Hyper-V and USB audio problems on certain versions of Windows, Microsoft has issued emergency out-of-band Windows updates. The September 2026 security...
  8. September Windows Server Updates Break Remote Desktop Services Across 2019, 2022, and 2025

    in Windows 10 News
    September Windows Server Updates Break Remote Desktop Services Across 2019, 2022, and 2025: Windows administrators have reported that the September 2026 cumulative updates are leading to failures of Remote Desktop Services (RDS) on Windows Server 2019, 2022, and 2025, which stops users from being able to connect and, in a number of instances, necessitates a hard...
  9. how to update 8.1 to winndows 10

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to update 8.1 to winndows 10: how to update 8.1 to winndows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-81-to-winndows-10/1ac4aa27-8add-4d7a-a035-1ca3b277b21a
  10. Cannot update to Winndows 10 - 1903

    in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update to Winndows 10 - 1903: The below is the message is what I received after tyring to update to 1903 from the Microsoft web site that I downloaded a USB Drive to.. Can you make a suggestion how to correct this problem. Thank you BHF1 "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10" error on a computer...