Windows 10: How to update/configure Windows 10 Sandbox

Discus and support How to update/configure Windows 10 Sandbox in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to use the Sandbox feature. I've used it the first time when it was released, but since removed it, and now I want to get back into testing it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xtremis, Nov 25, 2020.

1. How to update/configure Windows 10 Sandbox

I want to use the Sandbox feature. I've used it the first time when it was released, but since removed it, and now I want to get back into testing it. However, I'm running into a couple of issues, and can't find any detailed documentation around this:

1 - The Sandbox says that Windows is not activated, and when I try to activate it, it says that I don't have a valid license (although the host is perfectly activated and legally licensed). Is there any way around this, apart from adding a license key inside the Sandbox?

2 - The Windows version that is running on the Sandbox is 2004, while I have 20H2 on the host. How can I update the Sandbox version permanently?

3 - How can I configure persistent profile changes (like regional settings and so on)?

4 - More broadly, is there any way to persist any changes in the Sandbox? Again, this would be useful to make updates "stick", and to preserve a desired configuration state inside the Sandbox.

5 - Or is there any way to "reset" the Sandbox OS environment, so I can have a new Sandbox version more aligned with the host version (and update level)? It seems that my Sandbox was "stuck in time" since the first time I've installed it.

The feature is definitely welcome, but it there is no way to "reset" or "update" the Sandbox environment, it might be of limited usage. Perhaps it will be suitable to open a suspect downloaded file occasionally, but it would be great if it could be used with a little bit more of persistence and customization.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/xtremis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xtremis, Nov 25, 2020

2. Fix for Sandbox

Microsoft has acknowledged this issue now:

Windows Sandbox may fail to start with error code “0x80070002”Windows Sandbox may fail to start with "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)" on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903.

Affected platforms:
    • Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Next steps: We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late June.

hsehestedt, Nov 25, 2020
  3. River Ha Win User
    How to configure Windows Sandbox to allow receiving UDP packets?

Hello everyone,

My app running on the sandbox could open TCP connections to a server running on the host,

but the app could not receive UDP packets from the host.

I have put the app in the white list of the firewall but it did not help.

The IP of the sandbox is default (DHCP).

Ping to the host replies well.

How to configure the sandbox to allow the app receive UDP?

River Ha, Nov 25, 2020
  4. How to update/configure Windows 10 Sandbox

Windows 10 Sandbox is utterly useless

Hi Evin..

I am Vanshita, an Independent Windows Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

There are a lot of reports on Sandbox not working in 1903 and is listed on the known issues page as well.

Please wait until the next cumulative update which should fix this hopefully.

According to Microsoft...

Windows Sandbox may fail to start with error code “0x80070002”

Windows Sandbox may fail to start with "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)" on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903.

Affected platforms:

Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Next steps: We are working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.

Hope this informations helpful

Please revert back if this information helpful

vanshitavanshita, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

How to update/configure Windows 10 Sandbox

1. How to update/configure Windows 10 Sandbox - Similar Threads - update configure Sandbox

2. Custom Sandbox Configuration Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Sandbox Configuration Issue: I am attempting to make a custom WSB Windows sandbox file and am having issues. I want to make it so every time I open it, I can use it for malware analysis. I want it to come with Malwarebytes, a network connection, the ProtectedClient Enabled, Clipboard, and anything...
  3. Sandbox configuration error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sandbox configuration error: Using Windows Sandbox on Win-11 Pro,Tried to map one of my Host-drives to the Sandbox by means of a configuration file but I keep getting an error message and don't get it working.Configuration file:<Configuration> <MappedFolders> <MappedFolder> <HostFolder>D:\</HostFolder>...
  4. Sandbox configuration error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sandbox configuration error: Using Windows Sandbox on Win-11 Pro,Tried to map one of my Host-drives to the Sandbox by means of a configuration file but I keep getting an error message and don't get it working.Configuration file:<Configuration> <MappedFolders> <MappedFolder> <HostFolder>D:\</HostFolder>...
  5. Can not configure memory with Windows Sandbox.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not configure memory with Windows Sandbox.: I created a file on my desktop called *.wsb, and the contents was <MemoryInMB>value</MemoryInMB> However, when I double clicked it, the VM still only had 4GB of memory. What gives?...
  6. Windows Sandbox Configuration - SandboxFolder

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows Sandbox Configuration - SandboxFolder: Hey guys, since there is actually very little information on the Windows Sandbox, other than very basic tutorials, I'm stuck with this problem: When I try to share a folder into the sandbox and I specify a Sandbox Folder, the files should be shared to, no folder is created....
  7. Create Windows Sandbox configuration files with Sandbox Configuration Manager

in Windows 10 News
    Create Windows Sandbox configuration files with Sandbox Configuration Manager: Sandbox Configuration Manager is a free program for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system that helps users of the system create sandbox configuration files. Windows Sandbox is a new feature of Windows 10 version 1903 that uses Windows Containers to provide the sandbox...
  8. Create Sandbox in Windows 10 using Sandbox Configuration Manager

in Windows 10 News
    Create Sandbox in Windows 10 using Sandbox Configuration Manager: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows Sandbox is a lightweight desktop environment which makes sure that you can run applications in isolation. The arrangement makes sure the app doesn’t get access to core Windows files and other system files. That said, it’s not straightforward to [...]...
  9. How to create custom configuration environment for Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 News
    How to create custom configuration environment for Windows Sandbox: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows Sandbox is a great tool for testing out some applications and utilities in an isolated environment. But many times, a user looks out to create a custom environment to test out various software and services. This was one of [...] This post How to...
  10. Windows Sandbox - How to configure in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Sandbox - How to configure in Windows 10: How to: Windows Sandbox - How to configure in Windows 10 [img] Information A quote from Ten Forums tutorial Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition Starting with Windows 10 build 18305, Microsoft introduced Windows Sandbox. Windows Sandbox is a...