Windows 10: How to update files on an FTP Server on Windows 10

Discus and support How to update files on an FTP Server on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Until now, we have taken a look at how to set up an FTP Server and how to configure it to be accessed from an external network via the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 21, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to update files on an FTP Server on Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 21, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

FTP Server [With its own file Database] ?

I don't see a reason why the FTP needs to index the files before hand and not just read the directory when it is needed.

Of course the main reason against this is that any system like this wouldn't be up to date. Once the files system is indexed, if changes are made via something other than the FTP server itself the FTP server index would be outdate.

We see similar issues with Windows Indexing, a file can be deleted and it still shows up in the index, or a file can be created and it doesn't show up in the index.

Reading the actual file structure the moment it is requested insures that the file list is accurate, and really uses very little system resources.

newtekie1, Jan 21, 2019
  3. newfellow Win User

Consider, if you would be running lefts 10-100 hard drive FTP. What happens, if for example user got for 'Folder A'

1. Hard drive has to power up because there is no cache
    2. Hard drive has to read / list causes most of the problems for breaking hard drive.

^ Those 2 alone are reason to build hundreds of thousands costing softwares. So, why not simply caching code for FTP software.

To access File system index hardware has to be powered up = pretty big no no.
    The FTP server index should be always out of date of course. timed checks only or manual update required to avoid bad copies from being added and generally it is good to know when newly added data would be in server instead of instant.

Yes, but I was referring that FTP Index should be working exactly like Windows Registry not like Windows Indexing. Directly on memory.

yes, this is true, but it fights everything I am searching for as index would read single location. reading 'on-site' would be hundreds of thousands of locations possibly which would raise every single hardware there would be in speed to do so.

-edit-

and on top of that I am testing here some of personal coding (trust me I suck at coding takes a lot even if I begin to try, hehe). Anyway, to build such database which would index would actually take less than 40 seconds for 300000 pictures with in 21000 folders structure. This list includes all nessessary information for <content>, Attributes, Size and could be shown clean out from server.

according to that calculation no matter how large the actual cache/index would be it would still be incredible fast and even this could be improved very very much considering with something like MySQL.

newfellow, Jan 21, 2019
  4. newfellow Win User

Well, tested probably more than 20 close to 30 different server systems there is from google. Some on Linux most on Windows and I cannot believe this, but I am unable to find a single FTP server Software which would be intelligent about indexing the file system:

A. Cache all Directories/Folders/Files in its own INDEX or Database.
    B. Read the Database ONLY as long there is no transfer. NEVER touch the hard drive before actual file data is required.

Next thing I will try will be Oracle Database Filesystem which takes a bit to be builded, but by looks of the documents even that will not serve this purpose. The good question is why does any of the FTP server software out there use hard drive EVER to read the structures as it's incredible slow and there is absolutely no point using hard drive what so ever unless transfer occure.

So, does anyone have any suggestions?
    (Please skip the NTFS / File system part completely on any of the suggestions. Since any contact to file system will automatically raise hardware and no Windows Indexing doesn't exactly help on here either. Whole concept of relaying to any file system is incorrect.)

newfellow, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

1. How to update files on an FTP Server on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - update files FTP

2. How to setup FTP server over windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to setup FTP server over windows?: I have developed my website billonline over wordpress. i want to access its root directory for files installation. Please let me know which version of FTP software can be installed for windows 10 64 bit....
  3. How to setup FTP server over windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to setup FTP server over windows?: I have developed my website billonline over wordpress. i want to access its root directory for files installation. Please let me know which version of FTP software can be installed for windows 10 64 bit....
  4. How to setup FTP server over windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  6. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  7. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. how to remove an ftp server file for quick acess in file manager in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to remove an ftp server file for quick acess in file manager in windows 10: so if this occurs you have to just go to file options and then then click on the icon which mouse is hovering on and it while be removed from the quick access list.i hope it will help :...
  9. How to set up an FTP Server on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up an FTP Server on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]An FTP or File Transfer Protocol Server is a public or private server which can host files that can be accessed locally as well as globally. It is seamless, flexible and fast which means that you can store any kind of [...] This post How to set up an FTP...
  10. Ftp server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ftp server: Hello I was wondering if there is any app or a way that allow me to sharing files with computers that are not on my network. 112192

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update files in ftp

2. how to update an ftp file

3. how to update ftp on windows