Windows 10: How to update firmware on Xbox gamepad on Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to update firmware on Xbox gamepad on Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In this article, you will learn how to update firmware on Xbox gamepad on Windows 11/10 PC, including a simple way to update an Xbox One... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 24, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to update firmware on Xbox gamepad on Windows 11/10

How to update firmware on Xbox gamepad on Windows 11/10 How-to-update-firmware-on-Xbox-gamepad.png
    In this article, you will learn how to update firmware on Xbox gamepad on Windows 11/10 PC, including a simple way to update an Xbox One Controller wirelessly. Microsoft does not update its Xbox controllers as frequently as they do for Windows and Xbox software. However, it is sometimes necessary to update the firmware to […]

This article How to update firmware on Xbox gamepad on Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 24, 2021

2. Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10

Here's the problems I'm having:
    The gamepad will sporadically either turn off (xbox light off), or lose connection (xbox light flashing). This happens both when I'm running a game, and when I alt tab out of a game. This is an Xbox One wireless controller (old model, no bluetooth), connected
    via the micro usb cable.

This problem has only started happening in the last week or so. I've been through many guides on this problem over the last few hours, but have been unable to find a solution.

I'd appreciate any advice on how to identify the cause of the connection loss, and how to establish a reliable connection.

Troubleshooting steps taken:

1. disabled power saving on gamepad
    2. disabled power saving on usb ports
    3. uninstalled nvidia geforce experience
    4. restarted computer.
    5. restarted steam
    6. updated controller firmware via xbox accessories app
    7. updated windows 10

Notes:

1. Many guides suggest that the "Nvidia wireless controller service" service can cause this problem. Not sure if this service is still used, but if so, I am unable to locate it to stop the service.

Nathan2014, Sep 24, 2021
  3. Gamepad xbox one loses connection with windows

Hello. The problem is that the newly acquired gamepad is losing connection with the PC. This happens with different time intervals, it works for 40 minutes, and maybe 2, and then the xbox button flashes and the gamepad stops working. In the "bluetooth and
    other devices" section, the gamepad icon also disappears. To restore the connection, only disconnect the adapter and then connect it or restart the PC. Window 10 has been updated to the latest version, the gamepad driver also. I tried with an older version
    of windows. Eliminated all the interference between the adapter and gamepad, removed it from the iron surface, in general, applied all the recommendations that are described on the site microsoft, except that the phone remained and the wireless mouse as a
    hindrance. The result is the same.

pixelSunBro, Sep 24, 2021
  4. How to update firmware on Xbox gamepad on Windows 11/10

PS3 and PSP firmware updated

Sony has updated the firmware for its two most recent consoles, with a few improvements for each. The PS3 firmware has been updated to version 1.70, which will enable gamers to play PS1 software purchased from the PlayStation Store (previously only playable on the PSP) and will allow the use of the vibration function of accessories when playing PlayStation and PlayStation 2 titles (not PS3 games unfortunately, but a step forwards). The PlayStation Store still lists all classic titles as being for the PSP, but this may be changed when it’s updated later this week. As for the PSP, the firmware has been updated to version 3.40, with the most noticeable changes being improved support for PlayStation Network titles and a changed method for managing certificates under [Game]. Apparently with the new firmware, gamers can share save data between both consoles allowing PS1 titles to be continued on the move and at home.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 24, 2021
Thema:

How to update firmware on Xbox gamepad on Windows 11/10

1. How to update firmware on Xbox gamepad on Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - update firmware Xbox

2. HP Firmware Update in Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Firmware Update in Windows 11 update: I just got my new hp computer.In windows 11's Update list is HP Firmware 15.20.Is the there a way to prevent the installation of this?If it's what I think it is it' a BIOS Update.The last 2 times I tried to Update the BIOS the update failed and left me with rocked pc.This is...
  3. HP Firmware Update in Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Firmware Update in Windows 11 update: I just got my new hp computer.In windows 11's Update list is HP Firmware 15.20.Is the there a way to prevent the installation of this?If it's what I think it is it' a BIOS Update.The last 2 times I tried to Update the BIOS the update failed and left me with rocked pc.This is...
  4. PC receiver for xbox 360 gamepad

PC receiver for xbox 360 gamepad: Hello, I buy a PC receiver for xbox 360 gamepad, I doubt its originality, there are no microsoft inscriptions and holographic stickers on it. You also have to manually install drivers. Does the TECTINTER brand cooperate with Microsoft or is it a fake?...
  5. Xbox 9th gen gamepad issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 9th gen gamepad issue: I have a 9th and 8th gen xbox gamepad. 8th gen works fine, 9th gen was working fine as well but I really dont know what but something happened about 2 months ago and 9th gen started to do weird things when I am playing fifa. When I am on the menu it keeps going down or left,...
  6. How to update xbox elite 2 firmware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update xbox elite 2 firmware?: I know this should be updated in xbox accessories app, but my xbox accessories just don't have the needed button, and firmware is outdated. Is there some other way? I checked on two pc's, both apps does not show the button...
  7. How to update xbox elite 2 firmware?

How to update xbox elite 2 firmware?: I know this should be updated in xbox accessories app, but my xbox accessories just don't have the needed button, and firmware is outdated. Is there some other way? I checked on two pc's, both apps does not show the button...
  8. Xbox gamepad connection problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox gamepad connection problem: When connecting the xbox wireless controller via a type-c wire, the gamepad is detected by windows normally, when connected via bluetooth via the window utility "joy.cpl" it starts to be detected as "6 axes, 16 buttons. Game pad with a cap switch". In the Witcher 3, dirt...
  9. usb wired gamepad shows as "USB Firmware Updater"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb wired gamepad shows as "USB Firmware Updater": Hey, So I have a generic pc gamepad and when I connect it to my windows 10, it shows up as "usb firmware updater". I have looked for an answer for this, but can't find anyone with the same problem. windows doesn't even recognize it as a gamepad. I have tried connecting to...
  10. Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One wireless gamepad not working with Windows 10: Here's the problems I'm having: The gamepad will sporadically either turn off xbox light off, or lose connection xbox light flashing. This happens both when I'm running a game, and when I alt tab out of a game. This is an Xbox One wireless controller old model, no bluetooth,...