Windows 10: How to update/reinstall touch screen driver to Microsoft Surface?

Discus and support How to update/reinstall touch screen driver to Microsoft Surface? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I had to disable touch screen via Device manager - Human Interface devices - HID compliant touch screen as I had a flickering screen cursor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by veronikakral, Nov 16, 2023.

1. How to update/reinstall touch screen driver to Microsoft Surface?

Hi,I had to disable touch screen via Device manager - Human Interface devices - HID compliant touch screen as I had a flickering screen cursor. Itstopped flickering when enable this. Now I don't ofcourse have touch screen - so wondering how I get it back or update/reinstall touch screen? To enable it the same way as I disable it I get the flickering cursor back so thats not an option...Thanks very much in Advance,BestVeronika

:)

veronikakral, Nov 16, 2023

2. touch screen surface

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these methods:

Method 1. Reboot the Surface Pro 4 via the Two Button Shutdown

Please make sure the screen glass on your Surface is clean and intact before rebooting your Microsoft laptop, for the cracked or broken glass could disable touchscreen’s functionality.

A two-button shutdown can possibly resolve some unknown system error for the Surface Pro devices, the unresponsive touch screen issue included. Below is how.

1. Press the power button as a normal shutdown operation.

2. Press and hold the volume up (+) button and the power button together for at least 15 seconds.

3. Once you see the Surface logo pops up, keep holding the buttons for more 15 seconds.

4. Release the two buttons and then wait for 10 seconds.

5. Then start your Surface Pro 4 and touch the screen to check whether it responds.

Method 2. Install the Latest Surface Pro 4 Updates

Microsoft support team release the bug fixing updates regularly for their products, so do the updates for Surface Pro 4. To get the latest Windows Updates for Microsoft Surface Pro 4, follow below step-by-step guide.

1. Press the Windows shortcut keys Win + I to open the Control Panel.

2. Select Update & Security.

3. Click Check for updates under the Windows Update column.

Then the system will check for updates and install them on the Surface Pro 4 laptop automatically.

Method 3. Disable and Re-enable the Surface Pro 4 Touchscreen Driver

To re-enable the touchscreen driver and repair the touch screen not working bug on Surface Pro 4, follow the tutorials below.

1. Open the Device Manager.

2. Use the arrow keys to locate the HID-compliant touch screen under the Human Interface Devices category.

3. Right-click it to select Disable.

4. Right-click the HID-compliant touch screen again, and then select Enable this time.

Note: If there is more than one HID-compliant touch screen device listed, repeat step 3-4 for each one.

Source:

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-drivers/mi...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

AngelCarreno, Nov 16, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro 4 - April 12

Source: Updates for Surface Pro 4 (12 April 2018) Surface

Brink, Nov 16, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

How to update/reinstall touch screen driver to Microsoft Surface?

Updates for Surface Pro 4 - April 12

Source: Updates for Surface Pro 4 (12 April 2018) Surface

Brink, Nov 16, 2023
Thema:

How to update/reinstall touch screen driver to Microsoft Surface?

1. How to update/reinstall touch screen driver to Microsoft Surface? - Similar Threads - update reinstall touch

2. Touch screen on Surface disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch screen on Surface disabled: Hey, My touchscreen stopped working on my Microsoft surface pro 7+, I havent done anything in device manager or changed any settings, it just stopped working...
  3. Touch screen on Surface disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen on Surface disabled: Hey, My touchscreen stopped working on my Microsoft surface pro 7+, I havent done anything in device manager or changed any settings, it just stopped working...
  4. How to update/reinstall touch screen driver to Microsoft Surface?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update/reinstall touch screen driver to Microsoft Surface?: Hi,I had to disable touch screen via Device manager - Human Interface devices - HID compliant touch screen as I had a flickering screen cursor. Itstopped flickering when enable this. Now I don't ofcourse have touch screen - so wondering how I get it back or update/reinstall...
  5. Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues: Hello there, I have a Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop with touch screen. It works fine in the UEFI, and once I unistall and reinstall the drivers, the touch screen works.However, when I close the device manually bringing the keyboard and screen together, the touch screen stops...
  6. Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop - Touch screen issues: Hello there, I have a Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop with touch screen. It works fine in the UEFI, and once I unistall and reinstall the drivers, the touch screen works.However, when I close the device manually bringing the keyboard and screen together, the touch screen stops...
  7. How to install touch screen drivers?

How to install touch screen drivers?: How to install hid touch screen drivers? for lenovo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-touch-screen-drivers/6b7175b3-e106-47de-bd70-c88999b03ca2
  8. how to reinstall hid compliant touch screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to reinstall hid compliant touch screen?: so my touch screen isnt working tried everything and it still doesnt work,i tried uninstalling it from my hidden devices and reboot the computer but now it doesnt pop up anymore,not even on my hidden devices,how do i get it back? submitted by /u/Lord_Chanka_69 [link]...
  9. touch screen surface

touch screen surface: Hi touch screen doesn't work went to device manager said complaine not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-surface/0a6b21af-6b5a-4987-a5e9-7c57f9bb871c
  10. how do i reinstall touch driver

how do i reinstall touch driver: how do I reconnect touch hardware drive to computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-reinstall-touch-driver/1b0318c7-2ee2-4656-8b1e-f45c60fc2e4f