Windows 10: How to update the automatically created 'OneDrive - Personal' link to point to the correct...

Discus and support How to update the automatically created 'OneDrive - Personal' link to point to the correct... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Summary: I ran into this issue after setting up my personal OneDrive on my work machine. My personal OneDrive is working fine BUT the automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Win10 user 2020, Mar 28, 2020.

1. How to update the automatically created 'OneDrive - Personal' link to point to the correct...

Summary:

I ran into this issue after setting up my personal OneDrive on my work machine.

My personal OneDrive is working fine BUT the automatically created "link" that appears between 'Quick access' and 'This PC' in Explorer points to the wrong location.

I can't find a well documented way of changing it.

Starting point:

• Business OneDrive is set up and pointing to 'C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive - <companyname>'.
    • There is a "link" called 'OneDrive - <companyname>' in Explorer between 'Quick access' and 'This PC', that points to 'C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive - <companyname>'.

I don't think that's relevant to the issue but I mention it just in case.

What I did:

1. I set up my personal OneDrive on my work machine by following the instructions I found online. I used the default OneDrive folder location, 'C:\Users\<username>'. Windows created a 'OneDrive' folder in 'C:\Users\<username>' and automatically added a "link" called 'OneDrive - Personal' in Explorer between 'Quick access' and 'This PC' that pointed to 'C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive'.
      Everything was working fine but I didn't like the fact that the folder was called 'OneDrive' and not 'OneDrive - Personal'. I looked for a way of changing the folder name and didn't find one, so I decided to move the folder into a different location that included 'Personal' instead.
    2. I "unlinked" my personal OneDrive.
    3. I reinstalled my personal OneDrive, this time selecting 'C:\Users\<username>\Desktop\Private' as OneDrive folder location. Windows created a 'OneDrive' folder in 'C:\Users\<username>\Desktop\Private' and automatically added a "link" called 'OneDrive - Personal' in Explorer between 'Quick access' and 'This PC' that pointed to 'C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive'.
      Apart from the "link" pointing to the wrong location, my personal OneDrive works as expected.

Notes:

• I didn't restart the machine between any of the steps 1-3 above.
    • I tried to restart, uninstall, restart, reinstall, restart, but the link still points to the wrong location.

Anyone knows a way of fixing this that doesn't involve regedit?

:)

Win10 user 2020, Mar 28, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 28, 2020
  4. BJM
    bjm Win User

How to update the automatically created 'OneDrive - Personal' link to point to the correct...

System restore point automatic create not working....need help.

Were you seeing CAPI2 errors with Macrium & System Restore.

And after enabling system protection.
    1) Does System Protection automatically create and populate checkpoints to list.
    Does System Protection create restore points when called by a program and populate checkpoints to list.

2) I'd like to confirm whether my issue is unique to me or common.
    My issue is that I can manually create restore points okay and those manual created will populate to my list.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list. Albeit, Task Scheduler shows Last Run time change.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list e.g., with Windows Updates.
    When create restore point is called by a program. I see activity that suggest restore point is being created ...but, again the activity does not translate to an entry in my list.

How to update the automatically created 'OneDrive - Personal' link to point to the correct... [​IMG]

Thema:

How to update the automatically created 'OneDrive - Personal' link to point to the correct...

1. How to update the automatically created 'OneDrive - Personal' link to point to the correct... - Similar Threads - update automatically created

2. How to change desktop to point to my personal OneDrive instead of my school OneDrive? after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change desktop to point to my personal OneDrive instead of my school OneDrive? after...: Hello,After removing the school account trough settings>Access work and school. I notice that the desktop envirment still points to: C:\Users\<Username>\<Company Name - onedrive folder>\DesktopI need the Envirement Variable or whatever it is to change to my personal OneDrive...
  3. needed to CREATE RESTORE POINT after an Update or is it Created Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    needed to CREATE RESTORE POINT after an Update or is it Created Automatically: 1Is it needed to CREATE RESTORE POINT after an Update or is it Created Automatically?2CREATE INSTALLATION MEDIA -- using mediacreationtool_Windows11_22H2.exe --- for Windows 11 22H2 from PC A [choice for this PC A] and for Windows 11 22H2 from PC B [choice General]has created...
  4. needed to CREATE RESTORE POINT after an Update or is it Created Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    needed to CREATE RESTORE POINT after an Update or is it Created Automatically: 1Is it needed to CREATE RESTORE POINT after an Update or is it Created Automatically?2CREATE INSTALLATION MEDIA -- using mediacreationtool_Windows11_22H2.exe --- for Windows 11 22H2 from PC A [choice for this PC A] and for Windows 11 22H2 from PC B [choice General]has created...
  5. Windows not creating restore points automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not creating restore points automatically: Hi,I just tried restoring my system from a restore point. System Restore said I had no restore points, even though Protection Settings were turned on for my C: drive. I looked in Task Scheduler and the SystemRestore task shows up as Ready. I was able to create restore point...
  6. Windows not creating restore points automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not creating restore points automatically: Hi,I just tried restoring my system from a restore point. System Restore said I had no restore points, even though Protection Settings were turned on for my C: drive. I looked in Task Scheduler and the SystemRestore task shows up as Ready. I was able to create restore point...
  7. Windows not creating restore points automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. how to create automatic restore points in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to create automatic restore points in windows 10: how do you create automatic restore points in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-automatic-restore-points-in-windows/ef11cf1f-c6c7-4d1f-86e0-95b231353072
  9. Automatic System Restore points not being created

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Automatic System Restore points not being created: Did a Google search and did all the recommended fixes. Nothing. (Windows 10 Version 1809 - OS Build 17763.1039) 151119
  10. No Automatic Restore Points Created

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    No Automatic Restore Points Created: I have a clean install of Win 10. Despite receiving several cumulative updates from Microsoft over the past several days, no automatic restore points have been created. System Restore is set to "On" for drive C: so that is not the issue. I can create manual restore points...