Windows 10: How to Update to Version 1909

Discus and support How to Update to Version 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I try to update my Windows version to 1909 in "Check for Updates," it fails to update and tells me to try restarting every time. I've tried many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChedsZ, May 25, 2020.

1. ChedsZ Win User

How to Update to Version 1909

When I try to update my Windows version to 1909 in "Check for Updates," it fails to update and tells me to try restarting every time. I've tried many solutions listed on the website as well as third party website and video solutions, but nothing is working. The Windows 10 Update Assistant tool that also attempts to install the latest version I want to use the XBOX Beta App tells me that I am compatible for the update, but it also does not run and gives me the error code: 0xc1900107

Examples of what I've tried:

-Restarting my PC

-Attempting to factory reset but this does not work runs into an error when attempting to do so

-Troubleshoot says no issues

-Update Drivers all up to date

-Command Prompt checks enabling and disabling, something about cat, etc.

-Much more but I can't remember off the top of my head

Does anyone know how to update, because I really want to download the XBOX Beta App, but it requires the latest version of Windows. I've been trying all day to fix this literally, and nothing is working. I appreciate any and all help!

:)

ChedsZ, May 25, 2020
  2. Gib G Win User

Update issues with Win10 Version 1909

Hi.

Tried all the steps listed and result afterwards is the same. Still fails and uninstalls the update. Any other suggestions?

Gib

Gib G, May 25, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 25, 2020
  4. How to Update to Version 1909

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, May 25, 2020
Thema:

How to Update to Version 1909

1. How to Update to Version 1909 - Similar Threads - Update Version 1909

2. How to update Windows from version 1909?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to update Windows from version 1909?: Windows is stuck on update 1909.When I attempt to do any form of windows update it installs and then when it finishes, it reverts itself back to version 1909."Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2 Failed to install 0x800707e7"I've tried numerous things to solve this,...
  3. Update to Version 1909 Windows

Update to Version 1909 Windows: Copy and paste of previous question because no one is answering. If you have ANY advice, PLEASE let me know. I've been trying for days. Even if your advice is contacting Microsoft staff via phone or whatnot. When I try to update my Windows version to 1909 in "Check for...
  4. Version 1909 update failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Version 1909 update failure: Hey. I tried downloading "Minecraft Dungeons" today and it told me that my version of Windows 10 is too old. I tried updating it but it failed several times and it takes very long. After trying to update it through the update center it at least gave me an error code:...
  5. Version 1909

Version 1909: I have windows 10. Its asking me to update to version 1909. Is this recommended https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/version-1909/b3f913a2-8f77-4ea8-acaf-767aa97b2677
  6. Version 1909

Version 1909: I have version 1909 and I was wondering why the monthly update is so large? I just updated yesterday and one update was 2 giga bites and the same thing happened last month. If this continues on I will eventually run out of space on my computer. Thanks, for a response....
  7. Windows version 1909 update

Windows version 1909 update: My battery went dead while downloading Windows update. Status is downloading 0%, 2020-2 cumulative update Status is : Pending install. However nothing is happening since yesterday. Tried restarting. Doesn't give the option to download again....
  8. Feature Update version 1909

Feature Update version 1909: Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1909 is still offered as an optional update. Frankly this update being offered as optional makes me hesitate if I should go ahead to apply it or wait until it is offered as a necessary, not an optional update. I am under the impression...
  9. Version 1903-1909 Update

Version 1903-1909 Update: Don't know how to contact the devs so I figured I'd post this here. Windows gave me the option to update to version 1909 even though it's "not ready", so once it finished installing it told me to restart. I restarted my PC, but it got stuck loading after it shut down it was...
  10. Version 1909

Version 1909: Hi, I'm Using Dell 3567 with Microsoft version 1803. I tried to update Version 1909, but its not installing completely. After restart it shows the failed message. Please help on this ....