Windows 10: How to Update WDDM 2.1

Discus and support How to Update WDDM 2.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi , have a good day.I am a user of windows 10 pro x64 (10586). I want to upgrade Windows from WDDM2.0 to 2.1. What are the required updates for this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by afterx, Mar 14, 2017.

1. afterx Win User

How to Update WDDM 2.1

Hi , have a good day.I am a user of windows 10 pro x64 (10586). I want to upgrade Windows from WDDM2.0 to 2.1. What are the required updates for this? I do not want to bulk update. I just want to upgrade the Wddm feature.

:)

afterx, Mar 14, 2017
  2. chakkman Win User

Problem with games and WDDM 2.1

Hey Bradley,

according to Nvidia officials, Microsoft are aware of the issue, and Nvidia and Microsoft are "working on the issue". Unfortunately, these statements already have seen some weeks, maybe even a few months now, so, all we can do is wait, until they fixed it.
    These are very popular games, and whole lot of people will also buy these at Steam, or elsewhere, so i'm also really hoping for a quick fix.

Skyrim doesn't work too BTW, whenever i start it, and load a game, i get a gray screen in the game engine. Pretty ridiculous, considering they will release the Special Edition of Skyrim in 2 days.

Greetings.

chakkman, Mar 14, 2017
  3. Problem with games and WDDM 2.1

When the Anniversary update for Windows 10 was released the Windows Display Driver Model was changed from 2.0 to 2.1. Shortly after Nvidia released the first display driver for this windows version. Unfortunately, the new display driver made several games
    stop working. The only workaround currently is to rollback to the last driver released before the Anniversary update to Windows. My question is: Can Microsoft produce a patch to windows that would allow me to update my drivers and still play my older games
    that did work on Windows 10 before the Anniversary update.

The games that I can no longer play due to this issue are:

Fallout 3

Fallout: New Vegas

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

BradleySchallig, Mar 14, 2017
  4. bobkn Win User

How to Update WDDM 2.1

As far as I know, you'll need to update to Win 10 1607 (the Anniversary Update) or later. Why are you still running 1511?

bobkn, Mar 14, 2017
Thema:

How to Update WDDM 2.1

1. How to Update WDDM 2.1 - Similar Threads - Update WDDM

2. Update and Security, on the right of the top of the page it says my pc doesn't meet the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update and Security, on the right of the top of the page it says my pc doesn't meet the...: When I open Update and Security, on the right at the top of the page it says my pc doesn't meet the requirements to run Windows 11 but when I download and run PC Health Check it says it does. Which is correct?How do I find out why it says my pc doesn't meet the minimum...
  3. Update and Security, on the right of the top of the page it says my pc doesn't meet the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update and Security, on the right of the top of the page it says my pc doesn't meet the...: When I open Update and Security, on the right at the top of the page it says my pc doesn't meet the requirements to run Windows 11 but when I download and run PC Health Check it says it does. Which is correct?How do I find out why it says my pc doesn't meet the minimum...
  4. how to update WDDM 1.3 to WDDM 2.0?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to update WDDM 1.3 to WDDM 2.0?: Dear all,Good morning.How can I update my existing WDDM 1.3 to WDDM 2.0?I am working with a system with following specifications.Please reply as soon as possible.Thanks in advance for your advice for me.Regards,Ansiram...
  5. how to update WDDM 1.3 to WDDM 2.0?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to update WDDM 1.3 to WDDM 2.0?: Dear all,Good morning.How can I update my existing WDDM 1.3 to WDDM 2.0?I am working with a system with following specifications.Please reply as soon as possible.Thanks in advance for your advice for me.Regards,Ansiram...
  6. how to update WDDM 1.3 to WDDM 2.0?

7. how do I update my wddm from 1.3 to 2.0?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I update my wddm from 1.3 to 2.0?: I have windows 10 and I want to install windows 11 but I need 2.0. I have tried to find an answer but I cannot. Please answer soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-update-my-wddm-from-13-to-20/1ca4aa2e-e0be-429c-902f-7a021095eaf6
  8. how do I update my wddm from 1.3 to 2.0?

how do I update my wddm from 1.3 to 2.0?: I have windows 10 and I want to install windows 11 but I need 2.0. I have tried to find an answer but I cannot. Please answer soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-update-my-wddm-from-13-to-20/1ca4aa2e-e0be-429c-902f-7a021095eaf6
  9. how do I update my wddm from 1.3 to 2.0?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Updating to WDDM 2.0 from the existing WDDM 1.3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating to WDDM 2.0 from the existing WDDM 1.3: Dear all,Good afternoon.How can I update my existing WDDM 1.3 to WDDM 2.0?I am working with a system with following specifications.Windows 10 Pro 21H1 OS Build 19043.1081Processor: Intel R Core TM i5-3471 CPU @ 3.20 GHz 3.20 GHzRAM 4.00 GB 3.89 GB usable64 bit operating...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WDDM 2.1 download

2. how to update to wddm 2.1

3. wddm 2.1 upgrade

4. patch win wddm2.1,
  5. wddm 2.1 driver download