Windows 10: How to Update Windows 10 without losing Program data?

Discus and support How to Update Windows 10 without losing Program data? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I haven't updated my windows 10 in a loooong time and the performance is decreasing. I need to update to the latest version but the problem is, I CAN'T... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ichthyander69, Apr 8, 2021.

1. How to Update Windows 10 without losing Program data?

I haven't updated my windows 10 in a loooong time and the performance is decreasing. I need to update to the latest version but the problem is, I CAN'T AFFORD to lose any of the program data in the C drive, Specially Google Chrome Cache data, and other installed programs. They need to be the exact same after I update.

How can I do this properly? Should I copy the Chrome Files and just paste them after the update? Would that work? I downloaded the update tool from Microsoft website and after running it, there is an option to "keep settings and files".. would that work? I'd appreciate any help.

submitted by /u/ichthyander69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ichthyander69, Apr 8, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Losing programs on update to win 10

On Sat, 6 Jun 2015 07:26:27 +0000, EligijusJocius wrote:

Whenever you do anything, safety is never guaranteed. They should be

safe, but things can go wrong, so It's always wise to be sure you have

a current backup on external media before undertaking a big step.

And by the way, your question suggests that you don't do regular

backup of your data. If that's the case, you've been playing with

fire. It is always possible that a hard drive crash, user error,

nearby lightning strike, virus attack, even theft of the computer, can

cause the loss of everything on your drive. As has often been said,

it's not a matter of whether you will have such a problem, but when.

Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP, Apr 8, 2021
  4. How to Update Windows 10 without losing Program data?

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

How to Update Windows 10 without losing Program data?

1. How to Update Windows 10 without losing Program data? - Similar Threads - Update without losing

2. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??: my pc had a problem where the screen is blank and theres a blinking underscore on the top left corner, i thought its temporary until i learnt its a bigger problem, they say to reinstall windows 10 so i tried with a bootable usb, but the upgrade option is not available because...
  3. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??: my pc had a problem where the screen is blank and theres a blinking underscore on the top left corner, i thought its temporary until i learnt its a bigger problem, they say to reinstall windows 10 so i tried with a bootable usb, but the upgrade option is not available because...
  4. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to repair Windows 11 without losing data or programs

in Windows 10 News
    How to repair Windows 11 without losing data or programs: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you different methods to repair your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC without data loss if you see any errors during its usage. Windows 11 is an upgrade from Windows 10. Though many worldwide still use Windows 10, Windows 11 is slowly making its...
  6. Is there a way to reinstall Windows 10 without losing programs, data and apps?

Is there a way to reinstall Windows 10 without losing programs, data and apps?: A relative of mine passed and I now have his laptop. He had a pretty empty profile on it, but there are certain things I definitely don't want to lose, such as saved passwords. I created my own profile and that works well.The problem is he fell for all kinds of scams,...
  7. Install Windows 10 without losing data

Install Windows 10 without losing data: Hello there, on friday our customers laptop Asus, Windows 10 couldn't start properly. That was the error message. After a few restarts it booted into the uefi directly. But we can't wipe the device and do a fresh install, because there's data that need to be recovered. So...
  8. Update windows 10 without losing programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update windows 10 without losing programs: Hi, I have windows 10 1909 and want to update to windows 10 2004, am I going to lose programs currently installed? submitted by /u/AnonPH009 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i58g0i/update_windows_10_without_losing_programs/
  9. Reset windows 10 without losing data

Reset windows 10 without losing data: Can i reset windows 10 without losing personal data and apps?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-windows-10-without-losing-data/9f42eba2-29d3-4dd1-8aea-d11ab71794ed
  10. How to Repair windows 10 Without Losing Data

How to Repair windows 10 Without Losing Data: hi If you have any issues width your windows 10 and If you can't fix it, you can repair or upgrade it, for this How to repair or upgrade Windows 10 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-2dOJo2IBQ Take easy kind regards...