Windows 10: How to update without having control of computer?

Discus and support How to update without having control of computer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My hard drive has broke somehow and my laptop is nearly unusable, I cannot open anything at all except for the file explorer. But when I open my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/elvenking4, May 30, 2020.

1. How to update without having control of computer?

My hard drive has broke somehow and my laptop is nearly unusable, I cannot open anything at all except for the file explorer. But when I open my laptop I get a notification saying to fix the drive install the update but I can't click on it because I can't open anything, does anyone know of a way around updating without opening the settings app because that just closes whenever I open it

submitted by /u/elvenking4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/elvenking4, May 30, 2020
  2. Darshan J Win User

My Computer and Control Panel have (1) next to them after update

Hi Daniel,

There is no option to rename Apps on the Start menu, you can change the size and pattern of the tiles but not the name. Let’s try to unpin the icons from start menu and Pin them again to start menu.

Method 1:

To unpin app from the start menu. To unpin follow the steps below.

• Open Start screen, Select the My computer.
    • Right click on the My computer icon.
    • From the options, select Unpin from start.
    • Once you have unpinned my computer and control panel from start menu, pin them again to start menu again and check if it helps. To pin the icon to start menu follow the steps below.
    • Right click on My computer icon.
    • From the options, select pin to start.
    Note: Repeat the above steps for control panel icon.

Method 2:

• Right click on the control panel Icon on start menu, select more and click on open file location.
    • Select control panel icon, right click on it and select rename and change the name.
    • Once the name is changed right click on control panel icon and select pin to start option.

Note: Repeat the above steps for My PC or My computer icon.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, May 30, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Computer update

I'm assuming you have researched your initial list of parts?

What is your budget?

rtwjunkie, May 30, 2020
  4. How to update without having control of computer?

USB 1.1 PS3 Controller not working after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

KB2993928 update is related to ASP.net, and KB3081424 updates is to enhance the functionality of Windows 10. Therefore, I suggest you update your Universal bus controller drivers in the compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Universal Bus Controller.

• Right-click on the Universal Bus Controller and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.

I would also recommend you to click on the below link and try the steps provided in this link, see if this helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-USB-devices

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 30, 2020
Thema:

How to update without having control of computer?

1. How to update without having control of computer? - Similar Threads - update without having

2. How to update Windows 10 without "corrupting" it? + How to sign in to a computer with a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to update Windows 10 without "corrupting" it? + How to sign in to a computer with a...: Hey!I have a new Windows 10 volume 5 installed on my computer. That means I have two systems in one computer. The version of it is 1903. quite old The IT department that installed the new Windows 10 said that updating it will corrupt it. But I want to update it like my old...
  3. How to update Windows 10 without "corrupting" it? + How to sign in to a computer with a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update Windows 10 without "corrupting" it? + How to sign in to a computer with a...: Hey!I have a new Windows 10 volume 5 installed on my computer. That means I have two systems in one computer. The version of it is 1903. quite old The IT department that installed the new Windows 10 said that updating it will corrupt it. But I want to update it like my old...
  4. How to update Windows 10 without "corrupting" it? + How to sign in to a computer with a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Firewall Control Without Updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall Control Without Updating: If I never update windows firewall control for long time, is windows firewall control still work? Because I heard new updates might not be compatible....
  6. Windows Firewall Control Without Updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall Control Without Updating: If I never update windows firewall control for long time, is windows firewall control still work? Because I heard new updates might not be compatible....
  7. How to regain control of computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to regain control of computer: Updated and restored my computer and not I have no access to do anything, I cant open CMD prompt with admin I get check spelling error code. When trying to download a program I get a not valid short file name....
  8. How to have a clean Win10 install without having to do 1000 Windows updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to have a clean Win10 install without having to do 1000 Windows updates?: Hi, been thinking about something. My biggest issue is the winsxs folder that is causing my Windows folder to be 15GB where winsxs is uting 5Gb out of it.I undestand this winsxs folder is to keep all previous versions of windows componants.But when we do a clean Windows-10...
  9. Parental controls for 1 computer without establishing separate accounts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Parental controls for 1 computer without establishing separate accounts: How do I set parental controls in windows 10 without a Microsoft account. I liked it better in windows 8. All i want to do is set it on 1 computer for anyone user logged into it without having them to create a Microsoft account. Is there a way to that?...
  10. Play without controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play without controller: I want to play Forza and GOW but when I start the game it only asks to press A to start, but I don't have, never will have a f* controller installed on the PC. Pressed every key trying to start the game, go to settings, something, but cannot pass the start screen? What is...