Windows 10: How to upgrade customized win-7 to win-10

Discus and support How to upgrade customized win-7 to win-10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a laptop with multiple partitions running 64-bit Win-7 Pro. While doing a fresh install, I followed Kari's tutorials and set up User... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nkaufman, Sep 12, 2015.

1. nkaufman Win User

How to upgrade customized win-7 to win-10

Hello,

I have a laptop with multiple partitions running 64-bit Win-7 Pro. While doing a fresh install, I followed Kari's tutorials and set up User Profile on another partition.

Based on the above, I was wondering what is the recommended approach to upgrade to Win-10.
    Would upgrade to Win-10 from windows updates recognize that User Profiles are in a different partition? If it does then that would be very helpful as I can - take a fresh image of C:\ with Win-7 just in case, upgrade to Win-10 and then make another image of C:\.

Any thoughts\suggestions\recommendations?

Thank you for your assistance.

:)

nkaufman, Sep 12, 2015

2. Vista to Windows 10

I agree with try 3, this site is not, monitored by microsoft. if you read above many people have bought win 7 with key for aout $ 50.00, then after custom install or upgrade to win 7 and you do all updates for win, 7 you will get win 10 offer to upgrade
    to win 10 for free. also read that it is not possible to upgrade from vista to win 10, you need to go to win 7 first, then upgrade to win 10. although i agree that MS does not appreciate vista users loyalty, since they rolled out win 10 the way they did.
    they could have offered win 7 free to vista users. so they could get wn 10 free after theycustom installed ot upgraded to win 7 from Vista. use you efforts wisely and upgrade to win 7. first to get free win 10.

sandrodiclemente, Sep 12, 2015
  3. windows 10 activation

I had downloaded media creation tool and used it to upgrade my Win 7. When it asked "product key" for upgrade win 10, the win 7 product key didn't work.

Thus I had to use "custom upgrade", which wiped out my Win 7 drive.

Now I have the issue with "activation key" as Win 10 doesn't like Win 7's product key.

* Reinstall my Win 7 would require lots of time including downloading SP1 + patches.

Btw, it's like I'm using a pirate Win 10.

T. Vinh Nguyen, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Sep 12, 2015
Thema:

1. How to upgrade customized win-7 to win-10 - Similar Threads - upgrade customized

2. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC: Hi all, this is my first time doing anything like this submitting questions to forums included. I have a 3 year old PC that I custom built, here are the specs below- ASROCK B550M STEEL LEGEND Mobo- AMD RYZEN 7 3800X CPU- MSI GTX 1660TI VENTUS GPU- 4TB Harddrive and 1TB SSD 1....
  3. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC: Hi all, this is my first time doing anything like this submitting questions to forums included. I have a 3 year old PC that I custom built, here are the specs below- ASROCK B550M STEEL LEGEND Mobo- AMD RYZEN 7 3800X CPU- MSI GTX 1660TI VENTUS GPU- 4TB Harddrive and 1TB SSD 1....
  4. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old Laptop to a new custom-built pc and upgrade it to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old Laptop to a new custom-built pc and upgrade it to...: I'm using a laptop from came from Asus which is about 12 years old and came pre-installed with Windows 8. I upgraded it to Windows 10 recently but can't it to Windows 11 for its hardware limitations. I'll make a custom-built pc in near future. I'm thinking to use this Windows...
  6. Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old Laptop to a new custom-built pc and upgrade it to...

Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old Laptop to a new custom-built pc and upgrade it to...: I'm using a laptop from came from Asus which is about 12 years old and came pre-installed with Windows 8. I upgraded it to Windows 10 recently but can't it to Windows 11 for its hardware limitations. I'll make a custom-built pc in near future. I'm thinking to use this Windows...
  7. Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old Laptop to a new custom-built pc and upgrade it to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. cant activate after upgrade to win 11 from and and or/ hardware change. custom PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant activate after upgrade to win 11 from and and or/ hardware change. custom PC.: also every time i run updates says error and uninstalls. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-after-upgrade-to-win-11-from-and-and/e789e479-fcba-4540-a9fd-dd987c4d09c6
  9. cant activate after upgrade to win 11 from and and or/ hardware change. custom PC.

cant activate after upgrade to win 11 from and and or/ hardware change. custom PC.: also every time i run updates says error and uninstalls. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-after-upgrade-to-win-11-from-and-and/e789e479-fcba-4540-a9fd-dd987c4d09c6
  10. can i upgrade my old laptop with pentium t3400 and 2 gb ram to custom win 11 iso

can i upgrade my old laptop with pentium t3400 and 2 gb ram to custom win 11 iso: i was thinking to upgrade my 2010 laptop to a custom iso like ghost spectere 11 superlite but i am not sure if my laptop can support it my specs are Intel Pentium T3400 2.0 ghz 2GB ram 32 bit os i am on win 7 right now...