Windows 10: How to upgrade from 10 Home to 10 Pro?

Discus and support How to upgrade from 10 Home to 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is this something complicated with some risk? Are these 10 Pro licenses any good, sold on Ebay? 124963 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dictum, Jan 9, 2019.

1. dictum Win User

How to upgrade from 10 Home to 10 Pro?

Is this something complicated with some risk?

Are these 10 Pro licenses any good, sold on Ebay?

:)

dictum, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 9, 2019
  4. How to upgrade from 10 Home to 10 Pro?

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

How to upgrade from 10 Home to 10 Pro?

1. How to upgrade from 10 Home to 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - upgrade Home Pro

2. Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: Hi I am Shubhang,I was having an old pc with Windows 10 Pro. Its Digital license was linked to my microsoft account.After some time, I have bought a new Laptop running Windows 10 Home. I signed into laptop with same account which was signed into old pc. Now it shows that...
  3. How to upgrade from Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade from Home to Pro?: I want to upgrade my version from Home to Pro. When I go to settings, it only offers an option to input a product key. There is no option to go to the Microsoft store, to upgrade to Pro. I also tried using the Pro generic key, to switch to that version. I went offline, it...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Pro

Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Pro: I have Windows 10 Home pre-installed on my Laptop along with MS Office Home and Student 2019. Will the MS Office Home and Student 2019 still work after I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro ?...
  5. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro: I apologise if this has been covered previously and if it has, someone could point me at the post. I've been asked to upgrade a number of machines from Home to Pro. (My only experience is installing Windows 7 Pro using volume licencing upgrading to Windows 10 pro obtaining a...
  6. Upgrading from 10 Home to 10 Pro

Upgrading from 10 Home to 10 Pro: I purchased the upgrade from Home to Pro, and installed it, but in settings, it still says Home. I cannot locate the product key to activate Pro in my laptop. I am having trouble installing new updates, as well. They are as follows: KB4497165 KB4556799 KB4552931 Any...
  7. upgrade from win 10 home to pro

upgrade from win 10 home to pro: Hi. I deactivated old laptop with Win 10 Pro and used that activation key for my new laptop with Win 10 Home installed. Activation key is fine (no errors reported) but, new PC still shows as Win 10 Home installed. any ideas why? Thank you...
  8. How to upgrade from "Windows 10 Home N" to Windows 10 Home or Pro

How to upgrade from "Windows 10 Home N" to Windows 10 Home or Pro: Hello, I would like to ask if there is any way to upgrade my laptop from Windows 10 Home N to Windows 10 Home or Pro without a clean install !! Thanks...
  9. upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: Hello, I have windows 10 home installed on my pc. I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 pro so I purchased it from windows store. after I purchased it, the installation began and my pc restarted. after that, I went to sitting -> update and security -> activation and it shows that...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro

Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro: I have purchased the win 10 version of Pro in the Microsoft Store. I tried to install it and the install failed, I am still running Win Home. I believe this is because I am a Microsoft Insider and it will simply just let me have Windows Home on my computer. Can you help me to...