Windows 10: How to upgrade from HDD to SSD and upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro ?

Discus and support How to upgrade from HDD to SSD and upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Intel Core i3 10th gen laptop 4GB RAM + 1TBHDD. I have bought a 8GB RAM and a 256GB NVME SSD for upgrade my PC. Also I have bought Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Janith Lakshitha, Apr 5, 2023.

1. How to upgrade from HDD to SSD and upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro ?

I have Intel Core i3 10th gen laptop 4GB RAM + 1TBHDD. I have bought a 8GB RAM and a 256GB NVME SSD for upgrade my PC. Also I have bought Windows 10 Pro OEM key. My laptop came with Windows 10 Home. There are two partitions in my HDD as C - Windows and D - my personal data There are no any personal file in C . Now I want to Install Windows 10 Pro in new SSD and use the existing HDD as a one partition for storage. What is the sequence I should follow ?

:)

Janith Lakshitha, Apr 5, 2023
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 5, 2023
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 5, 2023
  4. krimetal Win User

How to upgrade from HDD to SSD and upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro ?

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Apr 5, 2023
Thema:

How to upgrade from HDD to SSD and upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro ?

1. How to upgrade from HDD to SSD and upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro ? - Similar Threads - upgrade HDD SSD

2. How to upgrade from HDD to SSD and upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade from HDD to SSD and upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro ?: I have Intel Core i3 10th gen laptop 4GB RAM + 1TBHDD. I have bought a 8GB RAM and a 256GB NVME SSD for upgrade my PC. Also I have bought Windows 10 Pro OEM key. My laptop came with Windows 10 Home. There are two partitions in my HDD as C - Windows and D - my personal data...
  3. How to upgrade from HDD to SSD and upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade from HDD to SSD and upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro ?: I have Intel Core i3 10th gen laptop 4GB RAM + 1TBHDD. I have bought a 8GB RAM and a 256GB NVME SSD for upgrade my PC. Also I have bought Windows 10 Pro OEM key. My laptop came with Windows 10 Home. There are two partitions in my HDD as C - Windows and D - my personal data...
  4. How to upgrade from HDD to SDD and upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro ?

How to upgrade from HDD to SDD and upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro ?: I have Intel Core i3 10th gen laptop 4GB RAM + 1TBHDD. I have bought a 8GB RAM and a 256GB NVME SSD for upgrade my PC. Also I have bought Windows 10 Pro OEM key. My laptop came with Windows 10 Home. There are two partitions in my HDD as C - Windows and D - my personal data...
  5. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro: I'm working on a Surface X pro and I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. I know my surface has the capability to handle the upgrade. When I try to get the upgrade through the store, it takes me through an xbox live sign in. But when I try to use it, an error...
  6. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro: I apologise if this has been covered previously and if it has, someone could point me at the post. I've been asked to upgrade a number of machines from Home to Pro. (My only experience is installing Windows 7 Pro using volume licencing upgrading to Windows 10 pro obtaining a...
  7. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro PCs from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Pro PCs from HDD to SSD: Hi, I have about 10 PCs at my office that are all using either 5400 or 7200 rpm HDDs that we want to upgrade to SSDs. All computers are all-in-ones: either Dell Inspiron 24s or Acer Aspire C24s and all are running Windows 10 Pro. I am planning on simply cloning the current...
  8. Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro: I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro with the online Microsoft store. The product key listed in the Activate window in the settings shows a key with all X's in the first four sets of number. The license is also incorrectly showing Windows 10 Enterprise when I...
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro

Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro: I have purchased the win 10 version of Pro in the Microsoft Store. I tried to install it and the install failed, I am still running Win Home. I believe this is because I am a Microsoft Insider and it will simply just let me have Windows Home on my computer. Can you help me to...
  10. Upgrading from HDD to SSD on windows 10

Upgrading from HDD to SSD on windows 10: I will be upgrading my hard drive to an ssd and due to the smaller size i can't just copy the entire disc so i figured i should do a clean install as i have a bunch of junk on my current install and had some questions. 1.First is how will i activate the new version of...