Windows 10: How to upgrade from "Windows 10 Home N" to Windows 10 Home or Pro

Discus and support How to upgrade from "Windows 10 Home N" to Windows 10 Home or Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to ask if there is any way to upgrade my laptop from Windows 10 Home N to Windows 10 Home or Pro without a clean install !!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PanayiotisMarinou, Jun 21, 2019.

1. How to upgrade from "Windows 10 Home N" to Windows 10 Home or Pro

Hello,

I would like to ask if there is any way to upgrade my laptop from Windows 10 Home N to Windows 10 Home or Pro without a clean install !!

Thanks

:)

PanayiotisMarinou, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

How to upgrade from "Windows 10 Home N" to Windows 10 Home or Pro

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

How to upgrade from "Windows 10 Home N" to Windows 10 Home or Pro

1. How to upgrade from "Windows 10 Home N" to Windows 10 Home or Pro - Similar Threads - upgrade Home Home

2. windows 8.1 pro upgraded to windows 10 home N

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 8.1 pro upgraded to windows 10 home N: So I just noticed i was upgraded from win 8.1 pro to win 10 home N edition. How can i upgrade to pro? Tried to find info on how to fix it, but alas here i am asking.Cant remember how many years ago i upgraded, but I have my copy of win 8,1 pro with the key....
  3. windows 8.1 pro upgraded to windows 10 home N

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 8.1 pro upgraded to windows 10 home N: So I just noticed i was upgraded from win 8.1 pro to win 10 home N edition. How can i upgrade to pro? Tried to find info on how to fix it, but alas here i am asking.Cant remember how many years ago i upgraded, but I have my copy of win 8,1 pro with the key....
  4. windows 8.1 pro upgraded to windows 10 home N

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: Hi I am Shubhang,I was having an old pc with Windows 10 Pro. Its Digital license was linked to my microsoft account.After some time, I have bought a new Laptop running Windows 10 Home. I signed into laptop with same account which was signed into old pc. Now it shows that...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home N to Windows 10 PRO N

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home N to Windows 10 PRO N: Hello, I try to upgrade from Home N to Pro N. I go to Microsoft store as indicated in the Activation window and got what seems to be an "error" message : "You're running Windows 10 Home N and you're all set" No, I'm not all set, I want to upgrade to Pro N. and not...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Pro: I have Windows 10 Home pre-installed on my Laptop along with MS Office Home and Student 2019. Will the MS Office Home and Student 2019 still work after I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro ?...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro: I paid to upgrade my computer from Windows 10 Home to PRO. I received a receipt via email and have looked at the order history under my account - nothing shows a download option OR a product key. The original download that attempted during purchase failed. The purchase comes...
  9. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro: Just bought a brand new HP Spectre laptop with pre-installed W10 Home (and McAfee) . Just wanted to upgrade to W10 Pro and when clicking on the "upgrade" link in the settings window, the store opens but only a white page appears, nothing else.... what to do?...
  10. upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: Hello, I have windows 10 home installed on my pc. I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 pro so I purchased it from windows store. after I purchased it, the installation began and my pc restarted. after that, I went to sitting -> update and security -> activation and it shows that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 home n to home upgrade