Windows 10: How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Single Language Edition?

Discus and support How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Single Language Edition? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I bought the full version of Windows 10 and ran the upgrade executable. Now it's asking me to confirm that I'd like to install Single Language edition,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/arcturuspilchard, Jan 16, 2020.

1. How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Single Language Edition?

I bought the full version of Windows 10 and ran the upgrade executable. Now it's asking me to confirm that I'd like to install Single Language edition, which I'm already running.

For background, my PC is an HP Pavilion purchased in Russia. The Windows 10 key I've now bought was from either Microsoft US or AU.

I contacted a Microsoft adviser and they straight up told me to install from a USB, which, besides being a pain in the ass, will wipe all my data. Is there a more straightforward way to do this?

If I had know about this nifty little piece of DRM, I wouldn't have bought this PC.

submitted by /u/arcturuspilchard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/arcturuspilchard, Jan 16, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Change system language on a single language licence

Yes it is possible to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language

Click the link below for a step by step on how to do that. That page also lists all the links for the different language packs:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31698742/ho...

DaveM121, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Windows 8.1 Single Language upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Mi Windows 8.1 single language is in Russian.

I understood that if I upgrade it with Windows 10, it will still be a single language.

Will this Windows 10 language be the same as previous 8.1 edition (Russian) or will I be able to switch to an other single language Windoxs 10 edition (French) ?

Thanks

Anthony

Anthony PERRIER, Jan 16, 2020
  4. How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Single Language Edition?

Windows 8.1 Single Language upgrading to Windows 10 Single Language?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

I would like to let you know that as you have a single language version of Windows 8.1 installed, when you upgrade to Windows 10 it would be upgrade to single language version of Windows 10. You might want to check if there is any language pack available
    for installation which could help you in this issue.

You only get the logical edition of Windows 10 based on what version and edition is currently installed on the machine, not what was installed before.

Cheers.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Single Language Edition?

1. How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Single Language Edition? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Single Language

2. Windows 10 home single language edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home single language edition: i purchased my laptop with Windows 10 home single language edition with the product key but after some years i changed to different edition of windows but now i want to install windows 10 home single language edition again how can i get the iso file as it is not available...
  3. Windows 10 home single language edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home single language edition: i purchased my laptop with Windows 10 home single language edition with the product key but after some years i changed to different edition of windows but now i want to install windows 10 home single language edition again how can i get the iso file as it is not available...
  4. Windows 10 home single language edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. change language of windows 10 single language edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change language of windows 10 single language edition: my previous windows got corrupted due to some recent windows update so had to get it fixed from a local service shop here in ukraine but they installed windows single language version and language russian need to change it back to english...
  6. Change language on single language edition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change language on single language edition: [ATTACH] Is there a way to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language edition? I bought my PC while living in China and would prefer it to be in English. I know that this version of Windows is restricted to just one language but it seems wrong that that one language...
  7. Changing language from single language edition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing language from single language edition: Hi everyone. I have a laptop i bought a few time ago. It was sold with Chinese Windows home single language edition, so I can’t change the language on the settings. The question i have is can i update the language with a new windows key (not Pro version ) and without...
  8. Upgrading to Pro from Chinese Single Language Edition

Upgrading to Pro from Chinese Single Language Edition: If I want to change the language from Chinese do I simply purchase a Pro product key, input the product key, install, then change the language settings? Or are there annoying things to do?...
  9. How to change the language on Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition.

How to change the language on Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition.: Hi All, I bought a laptop, in Turkey. I'm Turkish and I live in Poland and work in this country. It is a Toshiba with Windows 10 Home. The standard language is set to Turkish. I assumed that it should be an easy thing to change the language to English. Apparently, it's not,...
  10. Windows system language Windows 10 single language edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows system language Windows 10 single language edition: I have Windows 10 single language edition in Spanish. I need to change it to English. I cannot find a detailed description of how to change my Windows display language to English. Someone please describe the correct way to accomplish this. Thank you for your help....